The Photography Thread

Just make sure you look through the viewfinder rather than the screen on the back and you'll be right.

Get Photoshop or PS Elements as well. The bundled software for Canon is better than for Nikon but you need to get one of those ASAP.

Cheers.

Not sure about editing software, might stick with iPhoto for the time being.

Fides invicta triumphat

one from me taken last weekend

DSC07374.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

and 1 more...

DSC07425-1.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

A friend got a Canon D300 for his birthday today... should I be impressed? A lot of money for a camera... :unsure:

As a point&shoot sub-amateur photographer, I have no clue what all that extra money buys.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

A friend got a Canon D300 for his birthday today... should I be impressed? A lot of money for a camera... :unsure:

As a point&shoot sub-amateur photographer, I have no clue what all that extra money buys.

You mean a Nikon D300? Canon 300D was the long-time ago ancestor of the 450D that Sevvy has just bought.

Whether it's all worth the extra

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You mean a Nikon D300? Canon 300D was the long-time ago ancestor of the 450D that Sevvy has just bought.

Whether it's all worth the extra

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I wasn't sure where to put this but decided here would be best...

New anti-terror police guidelines on photography

The Terrorism Act 2000 does not prohibit people from taking photographs or digital images in an area where an authority under section 44 is in place. Officers should not prevent people taking photographs unless they are in an area where photography is prevented by other legislation.

If officers reasonably suspect that photographs are being taken as part of hostile terrorist reconnaissance, a search under section 43 of the Terrorism Act 2000 or an arrest should be considered. Film and memory cards may be seized as part of the search, but officers do not have a legal power to delete images or destroy film. Although images may be viewed as part of a search, to preserve evidence when cameras or other devices are seized, officers should not normally attempt to examine them.

Cameras and other devices should be left in the state they were found and forwarded to appropriately trained staff for forensic examination. The person being searched should never be asked or allowed to turn the device on or off because of the danger of evidence being lost or damaged.

I wonder if that'll filter down to the PCSOs who have nothing better to do than be nuisances.

I wonder if that'll filter down to the PCSOs who have nothing better to do than be nuisances.

I doubt it - although I have actually only been stopped once and then by British Transport Police at Baker Street (on an anti-terrorist excuse). Given that I spend a lot of time on the South Bank where every building has its own mad security (even the much photo'd London Eye has imbeciles in jackets who like to wnak off over how tough they can be to a four-eyes with an SLR) I've been quite lucky to avoid being got for so long.

And to agree for a moment with ECT - the D300/D700/D3 combo for Nikon at the moment is pretty jaw dropping. It's just a shame that what trickled down into the D90 was rubbish video.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just acquired a 50mm f1.8 lens, well I will have tomorrow when it gets delivered, I'll just need some subjects now ;)

Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

Copa @ May 8 2005

Rugby League: Complex game, simple rules.

Rugby Union: Complex Rules, simple game.

Lets get Folding...

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=43780

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea....php?s=&t=43780

Just acquired a 50mm f1.8 lens, well I will have tomorrow when it gets delivered, I'll just need some subjects now ;)

OOh nice - how much if you don't mind me asking?

Nice. Not that I'd be terribly keen on a portrait lens but what type is it and what camera have you got?

I thought it would be a good addition, and a task has cropped up where it may be handy... It's a Canon brand lens and is going to be paired with a EOS450d

OOh nice - how much if you don't mind me asking?

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...

I thought it would be a good addition, and a task has cropped up where it may be handy... It's a Canon brand lens and is going to be paired with a EOS450d

Sounds like a good deal - be sure to post some of your work

Get over to talkphotography for decent 2nd hand lenses if you're interested. I got my 50mm for around

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

For the first time I've dipped my eyes into this thread and it's relaxed me no end.

I can see now why Jon hasn't found the need to restart his Beautiful People thread on Fun Stuff... :)

Got myself a nice little regular run-o't-mill snapper for general use in January, and I've switched it on once. :dry:

Playing with a Canon 60mm macro lens I picked up this week, will take some getting used to and I'm going to have to drop caffeine from the diet to get a steady shot!

3090742068_0c2b71ba7c.jpg

Love that one...

I had a bit of a play early this year with macro's etc. and had the following...

3092246504_4ce2cde166_b.jpg

I kept this uncropped as I was using it as my desktop for a while and it looked better to me that way...

One for GJ

3092246512_5cff62e18a_b.jpg

3092246516_d4598ac433_b.jpg

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...