Uninteresting Trivial Facts

ta muchly x

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I'm off to see the quack on Friday.

He is the official doctor of the FFR XIII.  

I was told by the receptionist:

"there is no chance of getting on his list, he's very popular"

"I'm a rugby league fan"

"Two thirty on Friday ok?"

Vive le treize!

:biggrin: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had my eye test done at lunchtime, I was getting a bit worried as I'd noticed my eyes were not as sharp at short range as before.  I came out with 6/5 ratings on both eyes at distance and N5 at short range.  She said apart from my eye lenses showing they're over 40 by not focussing at extremely short range (under 8") that my eyes were in better shape than most 18 year olds.

Hearing test next...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I had my eye test done at lunchtime, I was getting a bit worried as I'd noticed my eyes weIre not as sharp at short range as before. I came out with 6/5 ratings on both eyes at distance and N5 at short range. She said apart from my eye lenses showing they're over 40 by not focussing at extremely short range (under 8") that my eyes were in better shape than most 18 year olds.

Hearing test next...

Pardon?

Pardon?

My hearing annoys me.  If I'm in a quiet room with someone then I'll hear everything they're saying regardless of how quietly they say it but add more distracting noises and I hear less and less.  If I go to a loud pub then I'd be as well being deaf as I just cannot hear people and have to guess what they're saying by a combination of the sounds I hear and what their lips look like they're saying.

Too many big explosions in the artillery, I think...  My friend, a navy explosives expert, has similar and had to get a very, very expensive top-of-the-line hearing aid to fix the problem, cheaper and even the very good mid-range ones just amplify all noises whereas my friends is directional, as long as he's looking in the right direction then he's fine.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Something about peering at breasts.

I've never had a problem with that.  Well, I don't see it as a problem anyway, my wife thinks differently...

My hearing annoys me.  If I'm in a quiet room with someone then I'll hear everything they're saying regardless of how quietly they say it but add more distracting noises and I hear less and less.  If I go to a loud pub then I'd be as well being deaf as I just cannot hear people and have to guess what they're saying by a combination of the sounds I hear and what their lips look like they're saying.

Poor sensory gating, also common in schizophrenic patients. I remember going to an interesting lecture on this a long long time ago in relation to a research project I was working on.

I have the same problem (not schizophrenia) - discerning specific noises in a loud environment is almost impossible. I often find that I just tune out in that kind of place and enjoy my beer in peace and quiet. This is why I now like quiet pubs that aren't full of noisy youths.

We went to the ballet tonight, Swan Lake.  A very good performance.  The orchestra were especially fantastic, I'd happily have gone along for that alone!

We went to the ballet tonight, Swan Lake.  A very good performance.  The orchestra were especially fantastic, I'd happily have gone along for that alone!

I love the feel and sound of a full orchestra, the power of the music is like nothing else.

I love the feel and sound of a full orchestra, the power of the music is like nothing else.

They're doing Giselle tomorrow night and The Nutcracker on Saturday and I'm very tempted to go for that as there's still tickets available.

They're doing Giselle tomorrow night and The Nutcracker on Saturday and I'm very tempted to go for that as there's still tickets available.

Go for it, I am sure you won't regret it. Live music takes some beating.

There's nothing quite the power of a 100+ piece orchestra who are really on good form. And ballet music is actually good to listen to without the dancing too, if you're just listening at home.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Derek Jeter is retiring.  Jeter is a baseball player so you may not have heard of him.  However for twenty years he has been both annoyingly successful, consistently (mostly) brilliant and ... damn lucky with the ladies.

BgYMqZACMAA5iVt.jpg

He also got to be funny on Seinfeld.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

What a nice quack, the first time I have been to a doctor's surgery with 5 framed RL jumpers around the walls, and a Sydney Roosters mascot on the desk.

On the downside, blood pressure of 195 over 110.  Pills for the rest of my days.

And that's Giselle done :)  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Fantastically captivating dancing, acting and music along with a very well acted tragedy story.  Next, tomorrow night is The Nutcracker.

The bad thing was a group of four quite well dressed loudmouths (two 50-something couples) who thought it was acceptable to talk through the orchestral introduction before curtains opened.  A quick growl from me shut them up.  Then the show started and they randomly nattered to each other, usually just as I was engrossed in the show and it made me lose the spell.  I was about to get up and tell them to f*** off when a pair of security guards came and sat either side of them for the rest of the show with, I assume, a quiet word of "shut up or you're going home early".

I really don't get it... why would you pay all that money for some very good seats at a ballet then want to sit and chat?

And that's Giselle done :)  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Fantastically captivating dancing, acting and music along with a very well acted tragedy story.  Next, tomorrow night is The Nutcracker.

The bad thing was a group of four quite well dressed loudmouths (two 50-something couples) who thought it was acceptable to talk through the orchestral introduction before curtains opened.  A quick growl from me shut them up.  Then the show started and they randomly nattered to each other, usually just as I was engrossed in the show and it made me lose the spell.  I was about to get up and tell them to f*** off when a pair of security guards came and sat either side of them for the rest of the show with, I assume, a quiet word of "shut up or you're going home early".

I really don't get it... why would you pay all that money for some very good seats at a ballet then want to sit and chat?

Corporate entertainment, rather than music lovers. Thankfully, people like this often just quietly doze off once the performance is under way. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a nice quack, the first time I have been to a doctor's surgery with 5 framed RL jumpers around the walls, and a Sydney Roosters mascot on the desk.

On the downside, blood pressure of 195 over 110.  Pills for the rest of my days.

I'm the same.  My only concern is that the doctor only gave me enough tablets to last a week!!

The talk of the Twittersphere is that Wong Kei, the Chinese restaurant with the rudest staff in London, has closed. :( 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The talk of the Twittersphere is that Wong Kei, the Chinese restaurant with the rudest staff in London, has closed. :(

Not to worry I am sure the staff will all soon find jobs manning telephone helplines.

Not to worry I am sure the staff will all soon find jobs manning telephone helplines.

Some claims appearing now that the sign on the front door mentions refurbishment. Hope so - it's a Soho institution. "You finished eating! Now pay up and #### off!"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Too many big explosions in the artillery, I think...  My friend, a navy explosives expert, has similar and had to get a very, very expensive top-of-the-line hearing aid to fix the problem, cheaper and even the very good mid-range ones just amplify all noises whereas my friends is directional, as long as he's looking in the right direction then he's fine.

It sounds like the ageing process. 

Sorry.

Next thing you know, you'll find it harder to see clearly when driving at night.