Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Just found out that Mike Campbell, guitarist for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, has a side project band called The Dirty Knobs. :) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bernie Ecclestone has just bribed the German Government to call off its bribery case against him.

Ahh, but that's official state sanctioned bribery, not unofficial bribery.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I felt very sorry for a poor young guy at my work who is so naive that he actually thinks HR's job is to protect employees and can be used as a sort of counseling service rather than the truth that they're actually there purely to protect the company from employees.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Bernie Ecclestone has just bribed the German Government to call off its bribery case against him.

I think technically they blackmailed him but I suppose it depends whose story you believe.

In Local Authorities, that altered as soon as they changed the name from Personnel Depts to Human Resources Depts.

In future refer to them as IR (Inhuman Resources)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I've just bought a Samsung Smart TV.

I'm just installing it now, it asked did I want to configure the latest downloads. Thinking as it was brand new I thought "Well I might as well"

It immediately informed me that the remaining time for the download was 59 minutes. Again thinking "oh well that will come down as it downloads"

Wrong again 40 minutes later and I'm still 20 minutes away from completion.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I've got a Samsung telly in the bedroom. On certain channels, it keeps turning itself on and off every minute, notably RT, C4+1 and ITV3+1.. I've rung the government's digital tv service and they sent a filter to connect in the aerial line.

No difference.

:dry:

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I've just bought a Samsung Smart TV.

I'm just installing it now, it asked did I want to configure the latest downloads. Thinking as it was brand new I thought "Well I might as well"

It immediately informed me that the remaining time for the download was 59 minutes. Again thinking "oh well that will come down as it downloads"

Wrong again 40 minutes later and I'm still 20 minutes away from completion.

#firstworldproblems

I've got a Samsung telly in the bedroom. On certain channels, it keeps turning itself on and off every minute, notably RT, C4+1 and ITV3+1.. I've rung the government's digital tv service and they sent a filter to connect in the aerial line.

No difference.

:dry:

You're sitting on the remote perhaps?

I just received an email from East Coast Trains with a subject of "We love trains..."  Really.  I would never have guessed that one from a train operating company.

The Good News:

Gilbert Shelton is still alive.

Trina Robbins is still alive

The Bad News:

S Clay Wilson is still alive but is seemingly demented and  has no real life.

Greg Irons is dead

Spain Rodriguez is dead

Rick Griffin is dead

Jack Jackson is dead

Frank Frazetta is dead

The Really Bad News:

Very few people will recognise the names or seen any of their stuff

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

It shows how naive I can be... I thought shopping at Sainsburys on a bank holiday would be a quiet day for it.  Never seen it so busy and full of ignorant annoying people.

Then when I finally go get to the till they gave me a wonderful voucher, "230 Nectar points when you spend over £330 on your next shop".  Who spends over £330 in a supermarket shop?!  Even if I did want to spend over £330, the temptation of getting £1.30 worth of Nectar points wouldn't exactly be the deciding factor that makes me choose Sainsburys.  A fantastic 0.4% discount.

Before Jeffrey Ross Hyman became Joey Ramone, he briefly took the name Jeff Starship (while lead singer for Sniper).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It shows how naive I can be... I thought shopping at Sainsburys on a bank holiday would be a quiet day for it.  Never seen it so busy and full of ignorant annoying people.

Then when I finally go get to the till they gave me a wonderful voucher, "230 Nectar points when you spend over £330 on your next shop".  Who spends over £330 in a supermarket shop?!  Even if I did want to spend over £330, the temptation of getting £1.30 worth of Nectar points wouldn't exactly be the deciding factor that makes me choose Sainsburys.  A fantastic 0.4% discount.

A few cases of nice wine and a bottle or two of Islay should help bump up your bill.

A few cases of nice wine and a bottle or two of Islay should help bump up your bill.

From Sainsburys?  Their alcohol is always way overpriced.  Especially when I have my birthday vouchers for Laphroaig still to spend, 10% off the distillery price.

And a very big TRL welcome if you please?

To Lewis, an 8 week old Heinz 57 puppy who has today appeared at Timtum Towers.  I always wanted to below out the name a la John Thaw / Morse and now have the opportunity.