So then....

K.Loxton

I know we've not even seen our new talent yet but just interested to know where people think/hope we'll end up at the end of the season in 2010..............

I'll go for 3rd!!!

Halifax

Widnes

Featherstone

Barrow

Leigh

Whitehaven

Toulouse

Sheffield

Batley

Dewsbury

Keighley

:D

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

1.Barrow

2.Featherstone

3.Halifax

4.Sheffield

5.Widnes

6.Whitehaven

7.Batley

8.Toulouse

9.Keighley

10.Leigh

11.Dewsbury

who needs Super League when you've got 'THE MIGHTY FEATHERSTONE ROVERS' DARYL POWELL'S BARMY ARMY!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/536103_10150822319238221_519228220_9460427_1569145423_n.jpg[img/]

I know we've not even seen our new talent yet but just interested to know where people think/hope we'll end up at the end of the season in 2010..............

I'll go for 3rd!!!

Halifax

Widnes

Featherstone

Barrow

Leigh

Whitehaven

Toulouse

Sheffield

Batley

Dewsbury

Keighley

:D

I think you'll be lower than third and we'll be higher than ninth.

I think you'll be lower than third and we'll be higher than ninth.

it's not "play your cards right".

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

think whitehaven will be the strugglers this season

It all depends on how the team gel. That is down to them and the coach. My thoughts are certainly in the top four. Where the others finish is up to the same circumstances.

i think it's almost impossible to assess. there are so many unknowns. but i am hoping for a top 2 place. we can but dream.up the rovers!

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

If the League is as competitive as it was last year then who knows, I will settle for top 4 but lets see how the results go in the first month or so, not many easy games at all as far as I can see.

The great thing about our league is just how hard it is to predict how teams will go at this stage.

Im thinking Widnes, Barrow and Fax will be front runners.

Haven and Fev look solid.

Sheffield overachieved last year in my opinion.

Toulouse will improve and so will Leigh.

Batley always do better than expected.

Dewsbury will find it tough but may be ok.

Keighley are going to find it very tough.

Last year we reached two semi-finals. It'd be good to go one step further, eh?

i think the rugby we see this season will be, maybe not dour, but certainly defence orientated. thats not a criticism of DP, but i think he sees that as the best way to get league points, and thats his job after all. if you were given the choice of defensive tight rugby that got you a top 4 place, or more adventurous expansive rugby that got you a lower place in the playoffs, which would you go for. bearing in mind your coaching job could depend on it.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Barrow

Featherstone

Halifax

Widnes

Sheffield

Batley

Leigh

Whitehaven

Toulouse

Dewsbury

Keighley

Put my penneth in!!

Barrow

Halifax

Widnes

Fev

Sheffield

Batley (i hope)

Dewsbury (hard to beat at home)

Leigh

Whitehaven

Toulouse

Keighley

But most of the time I'm wrong!!!

Good luck.

av ad mi crystal ball out B)

HALIFAX

FEATH

BARROW

WIDNES

HAVEN

SHEFFIELD

LIEGH

BATLEY

TOULOUSE

DEWSBURY

AND KIEGHLEY B@LLAXED BEFORE A BALL IS KICKED IN ANGER (SOZ COUGAR FANS)

Rovers will kick on IF they sort that abysmal home form out.i no longer worry about how we perform away from home.We need to see if we can cope without Harris but the others are all replaced adeqately,some may say for the better.

Fax have lost little and strenghened.Barra will be top three no doubt.bar Kieghley you can throw a blanket over the rest.we shall see but its gunna be a fascinating season! B)

i think the rugby we see this season will be, maybe not dour, but certainly defence orientated. thats not a criticism of DP, but i think he sees that as the best way to get league points, and thats his job after all. if you were given the choice of defensive tight rugby that got you a top 4 place, or more adventurous expansive rugby that got you a lower place in the playoffs, which would you go for. bearing in mind your coaching job could depend on it.

I suspect you're right about this.

It's interesting to speculate what it is that a coach might do to develop a defensive team. (Those who know what training is done don't have to speculate) Does it mean that a greater proportion of training time is devoted to defensive patterns and organisation, tackling technique, strength in the tackle, and wrestling techniques? And what about the 50 or so percent of the game when the team is in possession? More drives, less passes, little in the way of speculative moves, more inside ball, and a generally conservative approach looking to physically dominate the opposition?

Not long now, before we start to find out. I'll cheer thrilling rugby and I'll cheer the thrill of a victory. I hope we get plenty of both.

I suspect you're right about this.

It's interesting to speculate what it is that a coach might do to develop a defensive team. (Those who know what training is done don't have to speculate) Does it mean that a greater proportion of training time is devoted to defensive patterns and organisation, tackling technique, strength in the tackle, and wrestling techniques? And what about the 50 or so percent of the game when the team is in possession? More drives, less passes, little in the way of speculative moves, more inside ball, and a generally conservative approach looking to physically dominate the opposition?

Not long now, before we start to find out. I'll cheer thrilling rugby and I'll cheer the thrill of a victory. I hope we get plenty of both.

I dearly hope to see an improvement in

1. Giving away stupid penalties

2. Holding on to the ball i.e. less knock on's

3. Passes going out from our centres to our wingmen.

4. A complete overehaul of our general discipline

The number of timess we have been have been in an attacking position and then give away possession!

If we can correct the above we can go to the top.

Robin to win snazziest dressed supporter 2010

give him the money now.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

I dearly hope to see an improvement in

1. Giving away stupid penalties

2. Holding on to the ball i.e. less knock on's

3. Passes going out from our centres to our wingmen.

4. A complete overehaul of our general discipline

The number of timess we have been have been in an attacking position and then give away possession!

If we can correct the above we can go to the top.

We did seem to give away too many damaging penalties last year. Many of them, it seemed to me, were as a result of wrestling in the tackle to keep the tackle going and slow down the attack. The new rule interpretations suggest that the RL may be looking to cut a lot of this out this year, and bring the tackle to an end more quickly, so I hope we haven't spent too much training time on it.

Comparing to last year, I think Barrow and Halifax will be stronger, we *should* be stronger, Widnes are weaker, Sheffield over performed, Haven will be weaker, Leigh and Batley stronger... so my punt would be:

Barrow

Halifax

Fev

Leigh

Widnes

Sheffield

Batley

Dewsbury

Haven

Keighley

Let's see... Whatever happens it will be a cracking league and I cannot see any club running away with it. Apart from maybe Keighley I expect that any club is capable of an upset or two.

Home form is the key. Our aim should be to go unbeaten at home.. becasue is will not be easy to go to many of those grounds and win.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

Optimistically thinking our home form will improve so.....

Fev

Barrow

Halifax

Whitehaven

Widnes

Toulouse

Leigh

Dewsbury

Keighley

Sheffield

Batley

Wouldn't be surprised if only 10 points separating top from bottom though....its gonna be a tight and exciting season I think