Warrington

Mr Stubbs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of side will be playing, bearing in mind we have Tolouse only 4 days later?

The Tolouse game is much more winnable so will we see an experimental side or ful strength?

I bet DP will be thinking the same thing when the time comes. The players will be desperate to play in this game but DP has to weigh up the importance of this game with the far more important Toulouse game which as you say is only 4 days later.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

its true (and also farcial) that warrington season ticket holders will get in for nowt so,unlike yesteryear,we'll make nowt.if they've say 7000 s/t holders and the gates 8000 we'll get half of the extra thou.as Terry M points out the magic of the CC has all but disappeared thanks to the "visionaries" and with it the big pay-day which would see you through the season.(bet Hetheringtons well chuffed 12000 Hull fans are payin nowt :D )

suppose it makes it all the more vital us lot get there en -masse to swell the coffers.as long as we do our best and give our all the result aint important.lets just show Lewis n Woods we got something to offer!!

Two seats on the Warrington Nut Bus please Gary. We did'nt disgrace ourselves last year (on the field I mean not on the nut bus) and we won't this year. Lets get at them and give it a go.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

What sort of side will be playing, bearing in mind we have Tolouse only 4 days later?

The Tolouse game is much more winnable so will we see an experimental side or ful strength?

We should always put out our strongest team otherwise you have a defeatest attitude and with our strength in depth we should not be too afraid of injuries.

its true (and also farcial) that warrington season ticket holders will get in for nowt so,unlike yesteryear,we'll make nowt.if they've say 7000 s/t holders and the gates 8000 we'll get half of the extra thou.as Terry M points out the magic of the CC has all but disappeared thanks to the "visionaries" and with it the big pay-day which would see you through the season.(bet Hetheringtons well chuffed 12000 Hull fans are payin nowt :D )

suppose it makes it all the more vital us lot get there en -masse to swell the coffers.as long as we do our best and give our all the result aint important.lets just show Lewis n Woods we got something to offer!!

I'm not sure of the in's and out's of this, but my assumption is that a certain amount of the season ticket goes towards these games and therefore if a season ticket holder turns up, their part of the season ticket value goes towards the gate reciepts for this CC game.

If not then I suspect that Workington got nowt out of us, given that I suspect out of the 1215 ground on sunday 600ish would have been Fev season ticket holders that would have left 600 paying punters less expenses to share between the two clubs, meaning nowt to very little for Workington.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Should be a good crowd and at least we will get a shared gate so not a great loss but could have been a lot better

Theres also the possability of tele money if the BEEB go to form, they like to show the holders in the first defence of the trophy

Theres also the possability of tele money if the BEEB go to form, they like to show the holders in the first defence of the trophy

lol ill bare my ar*e in station lane if they show us over the other 4 all super league ties including Hull V Leeds

BBC showing Hull v Leeds Saturday 17th April and Huddersfield v Hull KR the following day

do the season ticket holders have to use it for this game- i dont think so -they may wish to hold on to the voucher for a much bigger fixture in the next round v saints say at there place . this may redce our attendance on the day though !!!!!!!

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

I can just see stu knocking Morley out of the way to go under the sticks In the last minute to win it for us :P

I've been saying Welham in the corner with 30 seconds to go and Finny's kick going over off the upright.

Final score Warrington 22 - Fev 24

Edited by sidnee

The weak conform, the strong survive.

do the season ticket holders have to use it for this game- i dont think so -they may wish to hold on to the voucher for a much bigger fixture in the next round v saints say at there place . this may redce our attendance on the day though !!!!!!!

The voucher is only valid for this round.

I've been saying Welham in the corner with 30 seconds to go and Finny's kick going over off the upright.

Final score Warrington 22 - Fev 24

bbc were never going to show our game they are so predictable and so bloody awful

Wire season ticket holders do get in for free for this one. Should still be a big crowd though. I hope the fev fan who started to throw lit cigarettes at wire fans last year at post office road doesn't travel though. He turned nasty because he couldn't handle the fact his team had let in 50! Fools like that have no place at RL games in my opinion.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

my thoughts on that game was that Warrington never got out of 2nd gear.

We ran at them and gave them a giddy 20 mins. They soaked up the pressure, took their (sometimes gifted) opportunities, and when we tired they exposed a gap or two giving the final scoreline an over inflated tilt in their favour.

I got the impression that if they ever needed to increase the tempo, they could have done, without any problem. Whereas our lads did their very best - and they did so valliantly, and that's all I ask, the gulf in prep, depth, fitness and quality was there for all to see in the final analysis.

Not what most want to hear I'm sure, but that's how it was for me.

Unless a championship club draws a struggling SL club on their @rse, (and Warrington aren't one of those), the result is almost inevitable bar the shouting.

But at least we can shout!!!!

Didn't Warrington have a few second stringers in that game I remember Briers didn't play.

Paul and I were talking to some Warrington fans last year when we were queing, yes queing up to get in they thought that Warrington were on a poor run of form at that point and that Rovers would give them a close game, it wasn't to be in the end. Think that they have improved this year as have we.

Edited by Andrew Vause

Wire season ticket holders do get in for free for this one. Should still be a big crowd though. I hope the fev fan who started to throw lit cigarettes at wire fans last year at post office road doesn't travel though. He turned nasty because he couldn't handle the fact his team had let in 50! Fools like that have no place at RL games in my opinion.

I wonder if the gang of Wire fans that attacked a pub full of fans in Leigh the other year will also be attending the game, as you say the game doesnt need it