Featherstone V Halifax. Friday 7.30pm

Stratobill

Win , Lose Or Draw   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Winners

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Halifax
    • Draw

Please this IS just my honest opinion,Fev are on a roll, fantastic ,some things end , i really hope not,fax have had a hiding,again just my honest opinion ,i just feel friday could be a backlash FEV 18 FAX 28 ,STRING ME UP LASH ME if iam wrong, oh how i hope for this

I've just spent all day creating the artwork for the poster for this game! I sould have read this first then i could have used a different angle and depicted Jessie Joe forgetting to tie his boot laces and tripping up a yard short of the line. Maybe i was a little hasty with my earlier prediction I recon we'll get 50 again! im an optimist because if im not then whats the point?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the fact that Fax look in disarray, I reckon this will be a tough one.

Judging by the opinions of their fans, it looks like they have a range of failings which we could really exploit: unsettled/out of form half-backs, players losing faith in their coach, big names not performing. They really are there for the taking.

But, Fax are a big team, and if we're gonna beat them then we'll need to approach the game like it's a cup final.

I'll stick my neck out and say a narrow win for Fev.

Fev to win, even though I am worried about Jamie Field.......check the Batley programme from last year to see how many times he was on the losing side.

I think Grayshon should go to loose forward with Spears coming into the 2nd.Row if he's fit enough. We need to maintain the aggressive defence where we keep the opposition pinned deep in their own half.

Jessie Joe looked like he could step through them at will yesterday, and I'm not sure whether they will be able to keep him quiet if we give him quality ball, yet if they pay him too much attention Briggs will have another field day. If they try to shore up their left, Tommy & Welham will murder them down their right.

It's nice for a change to speculate on our star players instead of worrying about Penky, Royston and Black, but if we ease up at all they have the individuals to hurt us.

Fev 26 Fax 12, as long as the defence can still do its job without Jamie.

Tough one to call. Fev are the form team. 'Fax seem to be struggling but they have the talent. Whatever the outcome should be a great atmosphere under the lights. Recalling the great Regal Trophy encounter of 1991 where Fev with 11 men beat 'Fax who for quite a lot of the second half (due to Brendan Hill being in the bin) were down to 12. I recall Pearson outpacing Preston (no slouch) to score under the sticks at P O Road end. I used to have a video but lost it,. If it's as good a game it'll be great. If the result's the same even better. I'm a bit of a closet 'Fax fan (after Fev)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Logic and form suggest Fev should win this one, but when has that counted for owt?!?!?!

Were in form, should have a big crowd behind and confidence running high. Fax are in a slump and not playing well by the sounds of it.

However - how often have we seen all votes for one team, opposition given up, obvious winner only to be shocked. Halifax have the best squad in the division and if they turn it on we will find it hard. Players the quality of Black, Penkyvicz, Royston, Branaghan can pose a threat to anyone. Ive no doubt we will score points, probably 30 but its the defence thats key.

If we can get off to a good start, that should nullify the 'backlash' effect and bring doubt to Halifax.

This reminds me of Leeds/Wigan Last week. falling big guns against new early form side. Hope the result will go the same way.

Ill go with a win Fev 36 - 28 Fax

Finn MOM

Att: 2150

I think Grayshon should go to loose forward with Spears coming into the 2nd.Row if he's fit enough. We need to maintain the aggressive defence where we keep the opposition pinned deep in their own half.

With those 2 players Id go with Spears in the middle and keep Grayson out wide in the back row. Spears doesnt have any trike wide like Grayson does and we need him going at people like Black on the fringe. Spears does a good middle unit job tying up defenders and with good floor work - he should be ok in the middle. Lee or Parker can move to 13 later in the game if we want to go more expansive - I wouldnt start like this we need to be solid and grind them down, Fax wont respond well to pressure.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Fev to win, even though I am worried about Jamie Field.......check the Batley programme from last year to see how many times he was on the losing side.

Jessie Joe looked like he could step through them at will yesterday, and I'm not sure whether they will be able to keep him quiet if we give him quality ball, yet if they pay him too much attention Briggs will have another field day. If they try to shore up their left, Tommy & Welham will murder them down their right.

It's nice for a change to speculate on our star players instead of worrying about Penky, Royston and Black, but if we ease up at all they have the individuals to hurt us.

Fev 26 Fax 12, as long as the defence can still do its job without Jamie.

one of the few games we lost when field played was Halifax at home last year and to be honest, fax were out on their feet, we were all set to steam past them and a field mistake gifted them a try which effectively won the match

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Fax are a good side and we need to be on top form as they have something to prove.

However, we also have 16 guys who will busts gut for their captain, have personal pride and are full of confidence .

So a win by 13 or more in any combination with Stu' as MOM will do for me

Up the Rovers !!

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Ref: S8185

Mobile 07738 528178

Two sides with differing form at the moment. I agree that we are in form at the moment and they are struggling to find any. Think that we are far superior than we have been for a number of years so for that reason I can see us winning well on Friday. We managed to claw back a ridiculous deficit at half time last year to win at their place and like I said we are a much more compact, well drilled and aggressively minded (albeit controlled) team this year.

Fev 44 Halifax 20

(Shoot me down Saturday morning ;) )

Come on the Rovers

Rovers 30 - 20 Halifax

Half Time 10-12

Att. 2721

Good tight but flowing game with Fev's current enthusiasm, confidence and form pulling through in the end.

i agree with DP, we've got to dominate from the first whistle and play on their lack of confidence. i think aggressive defence is the key for us.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Judging by our last 2 games we are looking like a spent force. If we approach this game with a similar attitude we'll be getting another drubbing. We've been disrespecting position, dropping the ball after a couple of tackles and been forced to defend for long periods. The result? Tired bodies, even more coughed up ball and a points avalanche. You're never going to get anywhere playing like that.

Anyway, here's to a decent game. Always seems to be between us!

I'm a bit worried about this one. On recent form we should run out easy winners.

But, whatever point the fax players have been trying to prove has been well and truly proven. They'll turn up today and play for each other and their fans, if not their coach...

Fev 21 - 18 fax

Att 2267

Mom Saxton

Hangover in the morning :angry:

Come on Rovers the time has come, ive been waiting all week for today and now its here, come on boys we will be shouting you on all match lets show everybody we have the best team in this league

ROVERS 34 - 20 FAX

att 2048

MOM = FINN

5 mins till kick off n they have only 1adult turnstile open so lots fans strugglin to get in. Come on Fev

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

4 tries disallowed for fev so far .totally dominant fev 6 nil up

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

8 nil half time. Gonna take something immense t allow Halifax back into the game. There only tactic so far is to fall over at the play the ball to get a penalty and Mr Hewer is falling for it everytime.