Referee

I haven't found your report yet? Gi' us a clue.

Your browser is most likely trying to be very quick and loading the Fev home page from your computer memory every time Vic. Hold down Ctrl and press the key at the top labelled F5 and this should refresh your system.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, I'm not here to bash Fev but "RFL conspiracy theories" "bent ref" "could have won"...and it goes on.

I watched the game and yes the ref did not have a great game and conditions were bad in the first half, however you took the advantage in the first half and you were out gunned in the second.

You look uninspired with little leadership, you took on a set of big hitting and hard running forwards up the middle and lost the battle.

When you started to throw the ball about (all be it too late to save the game) you looked like you wanted to win.

It was a scrappy affair with too many errors that can not be blamed on the ref. Your short defence was terrible and there was constant interferance at the PTB by both teams.

We were the same when you beat us at home, however that was our fault and we took it on the chin from you guys.

We have a hard game at Fax to keep our winning streak going (7 out of 7 but only 6 in the league) and I'm sure you will all be wishing us luck.... :D

Bearman, I appologise for my Grandma eerrrr grammar as we dont have schools up ear in't far north just sheep farms.....and lots of 'em.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Come on guys, I'm not here to bash Fev but "RFL conspiracy theories" "bent ref" "could have won"...and it goes on.

I watched the game and yes the ref did not have a great game and conditions were bad in the first half, however you took the advantage in the first half and you were out gunned in the second.

You look uninspired with little leadership, you took on a set of big hitting and hard running forwards up the middle and lost the battle.

When you started to throw the ball about (all be it too late to save the game) you looked like you wanted to win.

It was a scrappy affair with too many errors that can not be blamed on the ref. Your short defence was terrible and there was constant interferance at the PTB by both teams.

We were the same when you beat us at home, however that was our fault and we took it on the chin from you guys.

We have a hard game at Fax to keep our winning streak going (7 out of 7 but only 6 in the league) and I'm sure you will all be wishing us luck.... :D

Bearman, I appologise for my Grandma eerrrr grammar as we dont have schools up ear in't far north just sheep farms.....and lots of 'em.

I don't know why I bother!! :huh:

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

I think it's not so much about the penalties we conceded - I can live with them. It's more about the referee being consistent and penalising them for the same offences - not standing square at the play the ball for example. That's where I feel cheated. Also Nathan Wynn when defending out wide was 5 metres offside and was not penalised once for it. Thats why we were stifled and couldn't get on a roll.

It does worry me though that the team could not adjust to this and make the referee see it. For example, how many times did our hooker run at the markers and point out to the ref that they were not square? I think Kainy did it a couple of times, but don't remember Ben Kaye doing it at all.

Having said that our goal line defence was ordinary with an obviously tired Dickens (who can usually go the whole 80 minutes) missing one on one tackles he normally makes without breaking sweat. He should have been substituted/ spelled more often in my opinion.

Credit to them for their endeavour but I do think taunting our fans at the railway end at the end of the game was just unprofessional and could have led to incitement of an already volatile crowd.

Edited by micngill

Your browser is most likely trying to be very quick and loading the Fev home page from your computer memory every time Vic. Hold down Ctrl and press the key at the top labelled F5 and this should refresh your system.

Thank you Stuart. Perfect now. Another good report.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

[b]Credit to them for their endeavour but I do think taunting our fans at the railway end at the end of the game was just unprofessional and could have led to incitement of an already volatile crowd.

[/b]

dont think we can get onto them for how they were at the end, we had given them some right stick for 80 mins and they took it, so when they turned us over at the end it was understandable they would give us some back.

Edited by LOWFIELD

[b]Credit to them for their endeavour but I do think taunting our fans at the railway end at the end of the game was just unprofessional and could have led to incitement of an already volatile crowd.

[/b]

dont think we can get onto them for how they were at the end, we had given them some right stick for 80 mins and they took it, so when they turned us over at the end it was understandable they would give us some back.

would love tio know how i did that

If you read my report I accept that the best side won last night but to say that the TV supports the referees decisions is rubbish.

I've watched it on Sky and on the club DVD. I've put just a couple of decisions on the video on the site but could have chosen quite a few more. These are not hairline decisions where you accept that refereeing is a difficult job. These are obvious errors. I was in line with both these PTBs and the markers couldn't have been more in line. There were later examples where I could have walked between the markers without rubbing shoulders and he ignored them.

I repeat that, especially in the second half, Toulouse bossed the ruck and in the end this gave them the points but this season we have been noted for the speed of our defensive line and when the calls are as inconsistent as they were last night it removes the confidence to go and close the gap.

Rant over.

The video evidence shows the apalling attitude from referee TurLEIGH and the blatant bias shown not only in decisions against us but the decisions that were not forthcoming when the French played 90% of the game in an offside position. The club need to raise issues with Mr CUMMINS surrounding the referees decisions.These two alone along with the issues regarding Morrison and Hardaker need explanation. Hardaker did shove at the play the ball but why is it that similiar incidents are NOT PENALISED at Super league games were shoving happens at play the balls happen on numerous occasions.The Morrison decision should have been a penalty NOT a scrum.

I wasn't there nor have I seen the game, but no way will there be any other result than the one on the night. I hope it's swings and roundabouts, but we can moan as much as we like, it won't make any difference at all.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

I wasn't there nor have I seen the game, but no way will there be any other result than the one on the night. I hope it's swings and roundabouts, but we can moan as much as we like, it won't make any difference at all.

It is not a moan. The French were the better team and deserved to win. The club and the coach need clarification for future games as to these interpretations. Above all the referee needs to know that he cannot make up his own interpretation as he seems fit. I went to Widnes and could see this performance coming. The side loses its edge when we lack size out wide. Grayshon as been sadly missed.

Think I have worked it out after watching the Wire / Hudds game.

We were stood too square :huh::huh:

Thats if you accept what went off in that game as the rules!!!!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Think I have worked it out after watching the Wire / Hudds game.

We were stood too square :huh::huh:

Thats if you accept what went off in that game as the rules!!!!

I don't think you can compare the two sports -_- -_- -_- -_-

Bearman, you don't need parenthesis at the end. It is a new sentence. I also think you could also use a small "g" when using the word grammar.

Bottom line is it's not nice having a go at people for their grammar etc. is it? Especially when none of us are whiter than white in that field.

THe "G" was a slip of the finger. Lesson to me - read what you write before posting.

On the parenthesis issue you are absolutely right. I'll take that on board.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I will try harder.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

regarding the morrison incident when he called a scrum like many baffled me but it turns out he got the descision half right. watched the ansac test over the weekend and same thing happened the commentators said what should happen next and the ref mr silverwood I think duly obliged. on thusday the correct decision according to OZ should have been a scrum down which he gave and head and feed to the team in possesion which he didn't. Still don't know if its right but they seemed confident of the out come

regarding the morrison incident when he called a scrum like many baffled me but it turns out he got the descision half right. watched the ansac test over the weekend and same thing happened the commentators said what should happen next and the ref mr silverwood I think duly obliged. on thusday the correct decision according to OZ should have been a scrum down which he gave and head and feed to the team in possesion which he didn't. Still don't know if its right but they seemed confident of the out come

If an attacking team offloads after 'HELD' is called then it's a penalty to the defensive team, SIMPLES!

'Therefore not a scrum' :D

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

If an attacking team offloads after 'HELD' is called then it's a penalty to the defensive team, SIMPLES!

'Therefore not a scrum' :D

I can't Beleigh've it ;)

Simple's really.

The french travelled to POR on a wet night to take on a previously unbeaten team.

The french team stood tall and basically refused to wilt.Their determination and desire resulted in a well derserved win.

This thread is getting a tad boring and should now end.

You will no doubt be appointed some more poor officials and face further defeats during the course of the season.

Just doff the old flat cap and accept that these things happen.

Thanks.

This thread is getting a tad boring and should now end.

Thanks.

Hit the 'ignore' button then, nobody's forcing you to read it :glare:

Edited by sidnee

why should i accept the referees inept performance-if i performed like that at work id receive a p45

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

You're team LOST.GET OVER IT AND MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE on.

if it's boring you, stop replying. Easy done. You're happy we're happy.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

You're team LOST.GET OVER IT AND MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE on.

And your team is..........................?

Don't say Wakefield or I won't be able to stop laughing!

Oh, and its your. You're is the abbreviation for 'you are'.

And ............. there is only 1 'o' in move ;)

Don't know who you support and i don't care but you are entirely correct. We lost, nowt we can do about it, time to move on. The game is now in the past and i for one will not give it another moments thought.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"