Tim Sheens says he would pick Gareth Ellis in the Australian team.

Phil Gould reported that in an off camera interview earlier today at Channel 9 studios in Australia, the current Australian coach Tim Sheens told him (Gould) that Gareth Ellis is good enough to play for Australia.

Gould told this story on air to an Australian television audience of millions, noting that this was a huge compliment to Ellis.

This proves just how very talented some English rugby league players really are.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this have to do with this forum?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

All the other commentators on Channel 9 who were assigned to the Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans telecast agreed that with Gould that the Sheens comment was a great compliment to Gareth Ellis.

No comment yet on this revelation from Andrew Voss and those commentating the Brisbane vs Canberra game.

The attention given to the Sheens comment may be part of a pre-publicity campaign for the upcoming Four Nations. Gareth Ellis has been a little in the shadow of the Hollywood-sponsored glamour boy Sam Burgess. Bringing Gareth out of Sam's shadow will increase interest in the England team among the Australian public.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

All the other commentators on Channel 9 who were assigned to the Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans telecast agreed that with Gould that the Sheens comment was a great compliment to Gareth Ellis.

No comment yet on this revelation from Andrew Voss and those commentating the Brisbane vs Canberra game.

The attention given to the Sheens comment may be part of a pre-publicity campaign for the upcoming Four Nations. Gareth Ellis has been a little in the shadow of the Hollywood-sponsored glamour boy Sam Burgess. Bringing Gareth out of Sam's shadow will increase interest in the England team among the Australian public.

Australian public are not interest in the english players

like we're not interest in you............jog on....... before i get banned

The Dally M awards will be announced by the NRL next week.

It will be interesting to see whether either of England's finest rugby league emigrants, Gareth Ellis and Sam Burgess, make any of the lists.

If either does, it should be taken as a compliment to English rugby league.

Of course, it will also help boost the audience for the Four Nations.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

Australian public are not interest in the english players

like we're not interest in you............jog on....... before i get banned

You're quite an ignorant ###### aren't you. Actually some of us are interested in what the Aussies think and know that some Aussies do have an interest in SL - like the millions of expats domiciled there. Unlike some UK amateur commentators who watch with envy from the sidelines and wish SL was as good. There are only two teams in SL that could ever be matched with the Aussies, Wigan and Warrington. Most other teams pale into insignificance besides the Aussies.

LSFIABillabong

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

There are only two teams in SL that could ever be matched with the Aussies, Wigan and Warrington. Most other teams pale into insignificance besides the Aussies.

I would say that the Aussies would comfortably beat either Warrington or Wigan (or even a combination of both).

But they have got sixteen clubs to choose their players from.

People called Romans they go the house

I would say that the Aussies would comfortably beat either Warrington or Wigan (or even a combination of both).

But they have got sixteen clubs to choose their players from.

I'll agree to disagree with you, but the only two clubs to show even a spark of the quality and pace the Aussies have are in my opinion Wigan And Warrington, and if I had to pick a winner from them two I think I'd hedge my bets. By the way I support Bradford Bulls

You're quite an ignorant ###### aren't you. Actually some of us are interested in what the Aussies think and know that some Aussies do have an interest in SL - like the millions of expats domiciled there. Unlike some UK amateur commentators who watch with envy from the sidelines and wish SL was as good. There are only two teams in SL that could ever be matched with the Aussies, Wigan and Warrington. Most other teams pale into insignificance besides the Aussies.

You have summed up the issues well:

(1) 1976JWPwires is an ignorant ######,

(2) some people on here are interested in the reputation of English players in Australia.

Until last year the only English player whom most Australian fans recognised was Adrian Morley. Now we can add Ellis and Burgess to the mix. Before too long I hope there will be others. It is very good for enhancing the interest in the international game, and we need to promote more English players trying their hand in the NRL.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

The Dally M awards will be announced by the NRL next week.

It will be interesting to see whether either of England's finest rugby league emigrants, Gareth Ellis and Sam Burgess, make any of the lists.

If either does, it should be taken as a compliment to English rugby league.

Of course, it will also help boost the audience for the Four Nations.

The Dally M is a crock of ....

I bet Orford is shortlisted again. :dry:

QED

Saints, Leeds...

Millions of expats...

24 posts from you and you know me so well. ;):lol:

Paris dribbles male genitals all the time, if it's your dad, get some kleenex and tug together.

You'll see in time, same old same old + IF's, But's and Maybe's

One thing ..... How can may opinion be ignorant???

You have summed up the issues well:

(1) 1976JWPwires is an ignorant ######,

(2) some people on here are interested in the reputation of English players in Australia.

Until last year the only English player whom most Australian fans recognised was Adrian Morley. Now we can add Ellis and Burgess to the mix. Before too long I hope there will be others. It is very good for enhancing the interest in the international game, and we need to promote more English players trying their hand in the NRL.

:lol::lol::lol:

Summed the issue up well, what issue, your a c@ck.

Your all about 3 words :- IF BUT MAYBE.

Who gives a toss what the Aussie think of ENGLISH players?? (whatever colour they are :wacko: as your other thread)

Maybe you and a hand full of others, so why i am ignorant.

What the Aussies think, do you really think it matters????? or England will produce superstar coz we have to beat the aussie.....ffs we have been trying to match them for hoooooooooooowwwwwww loooooonnnnggggggggg

Look at below

I think french RL is a joke, do they care what i think or say???

i think leeds are to$$ers, do they care??

i think wigan are 5hit houses

i think some warrington fans are ####

i think bradford need kicking out of SL

i think its funny is widnes don't get SL status.

opinions / thoughts / quotes................. does anyone care what i say or think ?????

Edited by 1976PMJwires

You beat me to it WR. A reflection of general Australian ignorance about the wider world beyond Sydney and Brisbane.

If Super League can only sell itself to one commercial channel that puts 1 game to air at 12:30am on a Monday Morning (same time as the Challenge Cup Final) why is it Australian ignorance? That TV deal was trumpeted as a big success for the English game in Oz, it lasted on Sunday afternoons for around 5 weeks before the NRL game was shown before being taken off altogether then moved to past midnight Sunday.

The NRL gets 3 games a week on TV either live or slight delay and all games are shown on Foxtel, most live.

Why would Aussies be looking at what is happening in England, when all most see is retirees moving over here for a pension.

Surely its up to the English League to sell its product and produce a product that will attract interest.

Most Australians will not know much about Badminton, should they?

How much do you know about the "A League" from Australia?

Edited by AndyCapp