Obviously, the people who are weighing in against Ched Evans won't be going to any Sheff United games if they sign Ched Evans. By and large, they wouldn't have been going anyway.

Go on, Sheffield United, give him a break.

The person who needs a break is his victim. How many times has she had to change her name? Evans will pick up his career eventually. Some of the people who have walked away from United have held official positions at the club

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Evans, can't believe Sheffield United haven't steered well clear to be honest, was never going to go well for them regardless of the rights and wrongs of the issue. 

This is the bit I can't understand.  The PR was always going to be disastrous.  Evans doesn't actually need to train with Sheffield United - he could train with anyone.  The PFA support him and it would be perfectly possible for him to train with any club with them coordinating it.

Regardless of the wider discussion, Sheffield United's behaviour is bizarre.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Think this is the key.he obviously does'nt think he's guilty no matter what the court said.

Would you show remorse or hold your hands up and apologise if you knew(in his mind)your not guilty.

As for him resuming his job,football is his job,he's going to get constant stick from the terraces,do people want him to sweep streets

There are tings he could say and do without holding his hands up.

He could make comments on how rape is wrong, advise men that you need consent and assume it etc.

He may have been advised by his legal team to keep schtumn particularly if he believes he is innocent of the crime and has been wrongly convicted.

Whatever he says and does is likely to attract criticism of some kind. He has been found guilty and until evidence is put before the court to overturn that verdict he will remain a convicted rapist.

However, he is now free to earn his living in football and believe he should be able to earn a living in his chosen trade.

But i can't imagine a British club touching him given responses this week....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

He may have been advised by his legal team to keep schtumn particularly if he believes he is innocent of the crime and has been wrongly convicted.

Whatever he says and does is likely to attract criticism of some kind. He has been found guilty and until evidence is put before the court to overturn that verdict he will remain a convicted rapist.

However, he is now free to earn his living in football and believe he should be able to earn a living in his chosen trade.

But i can't imagine a British club touching him given responses this week....

If he was a rugby league player would you think he should be able to earn his living at your club?

Keeping it local

This is the bit I can't understand. The PR was always going to be disastrous. Evans doesn't actually need to train with Sheffield United - he could train with anyone. The PFA support him and it would be perfectly possible for him to train with any club with them coordinating it.

Regardless of the wider discussion, Sheffield United's behaviour is bizarre.

Very odd or very stupid, maybe they just don't get it. It wouldn't surprise me

Keeping it local

It's tough. I personally wouldn't want to see someone convicted of such a heinous crime on the pitch again, but when you consider the likes of Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick have been allowed to walk straight back into football after being released, is incredibly hypocritical, given they were responsible for the deaths of people. There's a player at Carlisle who killed two people through dangerous driving and served only 8 months and showed no remorse, but I bet most people would't have heard of that case. Then you have repeat offenders like Ravel Morrison and Marlon King. I think he should have his wages capped at £1k a week maximum when he is signed by someone (and let's face it, that will happen) and shouldn't be allowed to play for Wales again. I don't see how people can play the 'role model' card, given he will spend 90 minutes getting abused anyway. 

He's free to earn his living. Others on here have suggested if he was on minimum wages he wouldn't attract as much criticism... and that's probably true as it's unlikely his trade would be so high profile.

I'm not sure he'll work in this country or ever play at league one level again, - and most appear to see this as a positive, but he has every right to do do.

Some of the abuse aimed at those who have raised their objections to his return to Sheffield has been outrageous.

He's free to earn his living. Others on here have suggested if he was on minimum wages he wouldn't attract as much criticism... and that's probably true as it's unlikely his trade would be so high profile.

I'm not sure he'll work in this country or ever play at league one level again, - and most appear to see this as a positive, but he has every right to do do.

Some of the abuse aimed at those who have raised their objections to his return to Sheffield has been outrageous.

This is what really grates. How many convicted rapists are afforded the opportunity to go straight back to their previous occupation? I would speculate very, very few.

As I stated previously; no remorse, no assistance from society.

I would imagine most do. His index offence will include being entered on the sex offenders register

Steel worker, miner, engineer, most of the civil service, forestry work, chef etc etc etc is unlikely to be precluded by an entry on the register so any rapist who has served his time is free to resume his chosen career!

Morally, ethically - there is always a question 'do I want to work with a convicted rapist'?

But there is no reason why any employer shouldn't consider such an occurrence if they are not barred by the DBS service

He's a football player dave. If he can find a club to take a chance on him, it's up to him and said club. I doubt he'll work in the uk again within footy.

Only other option is to retrain in something entirely different.

If he was a plumber we wouldn't be doing this. But if he was a plumber he wouldn't have such high profile

He's a football player dave. If he can find a club to take a chance on him, it's up to him and said club. I doubt he'll work in the uk again within footy.

Only other option is to retrain in something entirely different.

If he was a plumber we wouldn't be doing this. But if he was a plumber he wouldn't have such high profile

I don't disagree with this to a point once he's served his sentence he should be allowed to get on with his life. At the minute though he hasn't served his sentence yet he's still in the middle of it. As he hasn't accepted any guilt or shown any remorse I'm not even sure he should be out on licence never mind looking for work.

Well that's the legal process. The remainder of his sentence is subject to licenced community supervision order.. and so the man will have to support himself once the legal process is satisfied he can be monitored in this manner.

He plays football. That's how (up until being sentenced) he earned his living.

Perhaps he does'nt feel remorseful because feels he aint guilty

No matter what the court found him of

Yup. That is quite probable.

Maybe he is remorseful but is advised to keep schtumn??

Maybe he is remorseful but wants to keep that twixt him and his monitoring officer.

Maybe he just feels he was wrongly convicted?

In reality it's unlikely any of us know any of the fine details of this case.

Yup. That is quite probable.

Maybe he is remorseful but is advised to keep schtumn??

Maybe he is remorseful but wants to keep that twixt him and his monitoring officer.

Maybe he just feels he was wrongly convicted?

In reality it's unlikely any of us know any of the fine details of this case.

Good post.

This thread is going round in circles.

In your own very fine words; I'm knocking.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

It will be awkward him if no club takes him on because, I presume, his parole conditions won't allow him to go abroad.

Good luck Ched; win your case review.

I'd like to wish his victim all the luck in the world. She's the one who needs it.

Keeping it local

He was convicted of a rape that his victim didn't at first accuse him of. Then she said she might have been drugged; no drugs were found in her blood. The police found no forensic evidence that intercourse had taken place.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

He was convicted of a rape that his victim didn't at first accuse him of. Then she said she might have been drugged; no drugs were found in her blood. The police found no forensic evidence that intercourse had taken place.

as simple as that eh?

Poor old Ched.

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Keeping it local

Archived