ANZAC Test: Australia v New Zealand Match Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew! That was a tough 40 minutes for the Kiwis.

Manu Vatuvei MotM.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations Kiwis. Winning a mid season Anzac Test has been very elusive. Not winning one since 1998 and this victory really adds to the Kiwis legitimacy.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

I only just noticed that in the Anzac Test, all the in field advertising except for those in the in-goal area are digital add ons.

While I have never been bothered by the painted adverts, I strangely feel that digitally adding on-field advertising is cheap and tacky.

I assume that the revenue goes into the NRL and not channel 9's pockets, but more corporate dollar or not, it doesn't sit well with me.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts and if anyone knows if this is happening at all NRL fixtures.

The NZ back 3 make a huge difference. The yards they make on kick returns and runs out of their own 20 are crucial. I bet all 3 of them topped 150 yard gains today.

One thing to point out is the Aussie mindset. I was watching on TV but listening to commentary on ABC radio and they seemed to regard this game as a warm up for SOO. This was reinforced by their interview with Trent Merrin straight after the game where after congratulating him on his test debut they then proceeded to talk about Origin for the rest of the interview.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Have the Kangaroos ever had so much possession and territory without scoring an absolute hatful of tries?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How huge could a 3 test series between NZ and Australia be? I know it's just wishful thinking but this should trump state of origin.

In fairness the Aussie TV commentators were pretty fair and I think it was Darren Lockyear at one point even spoke of City vs Country and SOO as if they were trials for the kangaroos.

Lockyer sees the big picture. Shame so many of his countrymen do not.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roger Tuavasa-Shek  268 metres

Australia playing at home with an Aussie ref and and Aussie video ref. No excuses here.

It sickens me all the bl**dy Origin talk all over the test when it is obvious that only around 12-14 of the best 34 players in the NRL are actually taking part. Fifteen years ago it was 30 of the best 34. It is not the pinnacle any more. Don't get me started on City-Country.

And who won the women's Test?

Jillaroos 22:14 Ferns

Match Report.

I'd have liked to have watched it, but 5am is much too early.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived