Halifax reaction

town4me

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more but.....

Where did everyone expect we'd be this year? Personally I thought we'd be fighting it out with Hunslet, Batley, Haven & Dewsbury to avoid relegation as they had a similar budget. As it stands Dewsbury have sold land so had more funds meaning they're more competitive and Donny don't appear to have reinvested their funding so they've dropped into it but.....

Did anyone really expect us to finish higher than with teams who receive £100k - £600k more than us?

Unfortunately money makes the world go round and the harsh reality is that we have less than most of the others.

Although that doesn't excuse the lack of effort at times.

Nail hit firmly on the head. Money talks and there's a mini league at the bottom end we're all fighting in. Donny look shot and to be honest I think the other relegated team will be a West Cumbrian one. Can't decide which one as we're both struggling but I hope the flip off the coin lands in favour of Haven (obviously). What gets me (I've also put this on the Haven forum) is the overblown expectations of some fans, let's be realistic, the area is going downhill, fast, money is tight and nobody is going to invest round here in a rugby team. The next few months are going to be quite fraught but let's be honest, we've all been through it before. It's what it's all about.

I don't know what position I expected us to be in the league table this season but I did think that we wouldn't be in the top 6 and I also though that we would have won more than 2 homes games by this stage of the season. Of the teams around us I think we compare favourable in finances. Hunslet, Batley and Haven are not big money clubs with gates similar to ours.

All of the teams in the current top 7 with the exception of Dewsbury get considerably more than us so how are we expected to compete with them?

Of the teams around us, financially we're on a par as we are on the field. There's little to choose between the bottom 5 and I thought anything about 8th (which we quite clearly aren't going to achieve) would've been an overachievement.

That said we've had all of the rest of the bottom 5 at home and have only beaten 2 of them which isn't acceptable for me.

Cant believe all this 'drop a league crack'! Folk on about playing with pride n heart, then in the same thread wanting to give in and drop a league.

Sadly we are in a relegation battle n just need to battle best we can and have a bit of luck! Nothings going to change from what weve seen. So can only suck it up and support best we can.

Annakin does not play for Fev.

Sorry, I thought he had signed for you after his loan last season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I think most money went on retaining your better locals

"at any cost" was the term repeated through out the close season when ever haven spoke to any of them.2 overseas players alone won't chew up all the extra funding

You think or know ? Good job you didn't manage to lure our locals over to the wreck then, from what I've heard you were offering, you would be probably going burst again by the end of the season. 

Nail hit firmly on the head. Money talks and there's a mini league at the bottom end we're all fighting in. Donny look shot and to be honest I think the other relegated team will be a West Cumbrian one. Can't decide which one as we're both struggling but I hope the flip off the coin lands in favour of Haven (obviously). What gets me (I've also put this on the Haven forum) is the overblown expectations of some fans, let's be realistic, the area is going downhill, fast, money is tight and nobody is going to invest round here in a rugby team. The next few months are going to be quite fraught but let's be honest, we've all been through it before. It's what it's all about.

you are right the area is going downhill fast.

Carter ,duerden ,lucock , forrester and ritson would rip it up in the league below and in their own postions would hold their own in this league given game time and bedding in . carter obviously already has .

Can't agree on young Ritson, he's one for the future but not at the moment, the other 3 yes.

Good post recre. We are both scrapping for survival but what will next season bring for the club that survives ? More of the same I would guess or even worse, I can't see the crowds improving for either club unless we start winning.

No ones expecting to be top 3 ! I'm sure I read our coach pre season saying he was looking at top 5 ... Fair enough but I think everyone's expectations grew for this season as we saw how well PV did with 20 players in a squad last year so we expected a great improvement this ...

There must be money available to bring players in

We have

Zebra claims sponsorship

Prize money from RL

LOTTERY

speedway

Farkas money (if he was ever coming surely he was in the budget)

Luptons money ...

Also stack moved from the development team with Carter ... Who does that role now ?

End of the day the players from last year look half the players they were and we've lost no one bar Lupton... We've added to the squad and got considerably worse

People say it takes overseas time to settle .. Look at the fev boys .. Aiye at haven etc ..

He keeps saying the same things after losses , but recycles the same personnel and same plays ... So you end up saying the same things again !!!

I think Phil has lost both the dressing room and training ground just my opinion what does everyone else think?

He's still at Wakefield isn't he ? Sign Annakin and Petersen and Sammut ... Simple . Job done

As I said a couple of pages back, we aren't allowed to. Wigan say so.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I think your stirring it 

I am not stirring it I am just stating my opinion. The performances are not improving and players going backwards from last season, just look at Brett Carter brilliant last year and not featuring this year and many more like him.

That's just impossible for us to say Vic . Only the people in that environment know. Coach or players is a fascinating issue ... How much the coach can do with what is at his disposal.

As I said a couple of pages back, we aren't allowed to. Wigan say so.

well we need to tell wigan we want better players. I have stuck up for DR but if it means we only get their young backs I am not so sure

People say it takes overseas time to settle .. Look at the fev boys .. Aiye at haven etc ..

to be fair it took Dion a while to settle partly cause of the pitches being muddy and partly cause we played him in the second row.Only really hit form once he got a settled run at 6

Archived