Halifax reaction

town4me

Hopefully we can take the plunge if possible . Maybe something's needed to save our season . Other sides are picking up players . I agree with Ivan as well that we need a different game plan if we can't change the personnel . Our kicking game or lack of is a total wind up , especially when our potency is on the wings and can get you something out of it

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor from town yesterday, fax where nothing special but town made them look special.

i disagree rockerlad.fax were the best team we have seen at Derwent Park I.M.O. They had a good Intensity and a desire to keep the ball alive and some good individual performances. We did make it easy at times with poor tackling and errors but fax played some decent stuff. If our tackling had been better and we had taken advantage of our good field position we could have pushed them but credit where it's due

It's not rocket science though is it , when you watch these sides ? Run hard , offload where possible , stretch defences ,kick well , get off the line and hit hard , defend what comes . In the second half infront of me Murrell just charged full pelt at Forber and run over him to create Potts try . Johnstone did similar with Doran.

Everyone just did their job full on and at pace , and put the icing on the cake from that . And we just couldn't keep up with the pace or the physicality . And when they are struggling for the four , and you look at the fixtures , it's a worry for Phil as we look nowhere near

It's not rocket science though is it , when you watch these sides ? Run hard , offload where possible , stretch defences ,kick well , get off the line and hit hard , defend what comes . In the second half infront of me Murrell just charged full pelt at Forber and run over him to create Potts try . Johnstone did similar with Doran.

Everyone just did their job full on and at pace , and put the icing on the cake from that . And we just couldn't keep up with the pace or the physicality . And when they are struggling for the four , and you look at the fixtures , it's a worry for Phil as we look nowhere near

yes agreed we couldn't keep up with their pace. Are they full timers? They seemed to play lime full timers fitness wise

Not full time but most of them are ex super league players problem with haven and town is we have a few players who we say are quality players at this level teams like Sheffield fev and fax who we should be trying to get on the same level as have twice or 3 times the amount of quality players we have take a long time to catch up with them 3 teams alone and then there's the full time teams

Not full time but most of them are ex super league players problem with haven and town is we have a few players who we say are quality players at this level teams like Sheffield fev and fax who we should be trying to get on the same level as have twice or 3 times the amount of quality players we have take a long time to catch up with them 3 teams alone and then there's the full time teams

yeah donald they clearly have SL experience in the ranks. The PTB very quick and a fast defensive line.one thing I haven't heard on here about the game is the high number of suspicious forward passes by fax. This usually comes with the fast pace game particularly in SL.i thought a lot were forward if not borderline.

If they thought sammut was the right man 2months ago then nothing since should have changed mindsets at the club, fifita connection gives us a chance. The club needs a lift and this opportunity has presented itself we need to grasp it.

I am afraid it seems that if anyone strays from Phill,s plan he is dropped ,he as taken all the flare out of Callums game,Callum should have been at half back for a long time back, as young Duerden should be at lose forward , just car,nt think why he wont play him, trains well we sighed him as a centre or lose forward,never been given a chance,and the sooner we get Brett Carter back the better.        

Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 01 June 2015

Travelling up the motorway to west Cumbria is losing its fear factor to visiting teams, according to Workington Town coach Phil Veivers.

Phil Veivers photo

Phil Veivers

He had just watched his side lose their Championship fixture 32-6 at the Zebra Claims Stadium to Halifax.

“People keep saying to me that teams won’t enjoy the trip up here but they will if we give them as much room as we did today. It was very disappointing as our confidence had been lifted by two straight wins.

“I thought we played well at Doncaster and although not as good against Whitehaven we got the win to set us up for Halifax but I’m afraid they didn’t have to work very hard to beat us.

“We conceded early again and that’s something we are going to have to address and look at closely. Going behind after only three minutes obviously isn’t good and we did the same thing at the start of the second-half.

“I’m afraid we made them look a better side than they are and I don’t think we would have scored again if we had played for another three days,” he said.

Halifax themselves admitted they had been expecting a tougher game as they were without four key players – Luke Ambler, Danny Craven, Adam Robinson and Ryan Maneely.

Town had been looking to record three straight wins in the Championship for the first time this season but they still have only beaten the two teams below them in the table.

They have suffered their injury concerns this campaign and there looks to be another one to contend with as prop Kris Coward limped-off with a knee injury.

“Initial diagnosis was medial ligament damage but we’ll know more after a scan,” said Veivers who takes his side to Dewsbury next Sunday.

The Rams are currently fourth in the table but yesterday struggled to beat pointless Doncaster 14-6 while Town remain third from bottom.

Sammut shown the door at Wakefied, be interesting to see where he ends up?

http://www.totalrl.com/sammut-set-for-wakefield-exit/

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I'll be amazed if we even talk to him never mind sign him. He must have upset some rugby league gods in the winter, getting stuck at a heap like Wakefield and not even able to get a game there, to possibly getting stuck at an even bigger heap like us lol.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

All the tries from yesterday if anyone wants to see them again:-

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

can anybody tell me what Lloyd was doing at the play the ball that led to the 3rd try , he never once looks at the attacking player that rounds him so easily?

trying to do others jobs without doing his own

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

We'd be here a fair while if we pick apart defensive frailties and lapses . Our attack has always been anaemic but our defence has fallen away , so it's a combination that sees you at the foot of the table

Archived