Signings for next season

Pink panther

How is it backwards,you think you are so much better.Lets face it without sammuet this season and Wigan last season you would be down,without Widnes help we would be down.There is very little between both teams regardless how you try to dress it up.If I were you I'd move heaven and earth to sign sammuet,he has been the catalyst for your recent up turn

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it backwards,you think you are so much better.Lets face it without sammuet this season and Wigan last season you would be down,without Widnes help we would be down.There is very little between both teams regardless how you try to dress it up.If I were you I'd move heaven and earth to sign sammuet,he has been the catalyst for your recent up turn

beat you 3 times without sammut alan. I base that comment (backward step) as we have beaten you 4 times finished above you in the regular season and 3 points clear in the 8's. I just think it's a backward step for the player if it happens.

beat you 3 times without sammut alan. I base that comment (backward step) as we have beaten you 4 times finished above you in the regular season and 3 points clear in the 8's. I just think it's a backward step for the player if it happens.

Also if you look at the stability of the 2 clubs in the past few years we are certainly a much better proposition for players.

You have won 10 games ,6 wins came against us and Donny,you have beaten only one team outside the bottom 5.So while having the hoodoo over us this May be good it masks that you still can't compete with the so called better teams even with sammuet,you could not have got fev at a better time a few weeks ago yet still failed to win.So like I say there is very little between the two teams

You have won 10 games ,6 wins came against us and Donny,you have beaten only one team outside the bottom 5.So while having the hoodoo over us this May be good it masks that you still can't compete with the so called better teams even with sammuet,you could not have got fev at a better time a few weeks ago yet still failed to win.So like I say there is very little between the two teams

move on alan. No BP system to blame this season.

H4E and town4me all you are doing is perpetuating the annual merry-go-round of being the best team in our two team league.   The players love it cos' they can play one club off against the other in the hope of getting more money.    There is very little between the two teams but there is one hell of lot of difference between the two teams and the rest of the Championship top teams and apart from a one or two season slot that is how it will continue to be.   Both clubs are not strong enough or big enough to compete on their own and we continue to fight each other for the same players, the same money sources, to pacify a minority of supporters who are getting smaller and smaller each year.    Big fishes in a very small pond.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

We need to be looking up at Dewsbury and London , who are reverting to part time , as the next step forward . I think Phil being outside this bubble is a very good thing . He looks at the bigger picture . If players move on I'm sure the aim will be to get better ones and keep progressing . But I agree , rumours are just that until news is released . Hopefully it's not like last offseason which was just totally crazy and became a wind up

Your right kt but it's still going to be the same with ,or without, a few messages on a forum. Both have required outside help to compete in this league and it is going to be even more competitive next season. This off seasons recruiting is very important and probably more difficult if SL clubs form reserve teams.

To be really honest,i would not be sorry to see karl(olstrum)leave for whitehaven.I agree with haven4ever about haven signing him,he is a loose cannon alright,but this season he has not been to bad,missed a few games for whatever reason?,but apart from that he would be no miss to me.I can understand a lot of town fans like karl,he is aggresive on the field,but,tell me what else doe's karl do,i have never seen him make many breaks,if any,i have seen him wrestle with 5 players but only gained a couple of yards,he cannot really play at 13,not good enough for a 2nd rower,hooker,well i have my doubts,so,really what does he bring to our team.I would be gutted if we lost elliot to haven,and i would be really disappointed with the board if they let elliot leave our club,brett carter could possibly leave for barrow,buy brett has a job within the club but i suppose barrow could find him employment to get him to leave,but i know brett loves it up here despite his non show in games has brett says was down to DR from wigan.Nobody has mentioned about shackley wanting to leave for haven,donald says he is on a 2 year contract,hopefully that is fact,but in the end workington town will produce a team good enough to compete at the highest level in the championship next year,in all my years of supporting our club i have been through the hell of worrying about who is leaving our club and going to haven,now in my twilight years them worries have disappeared and i just look forward to hearing who town have signed,AND,not about who is leaving.I have a great faith in the town board, and our coach phil veivers,and i know they will bring in the right personnel for next season and hopefully sammut will be the first one,but i would not rule out phil looking at farkas again,but in the end,i know we will have the team to put us fans looking forward to the new season and finishing in the top 6 at least.The end of the season is near and players come and go,but its not the end of workington town,its only the beginning,lets not be downhearted,lets look for a new beginning,new players that are going to push us forward,and not trying to resign players who are just holding us back.

I also think you are doing other clubs a dis-service by saying it was only widnes who have saved you.

Seems to have forgot about Wakefield ,Leigh and the French

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Spot on Barry , totally agree . I'd be gutted with Eliot , more for joining haven than leaving , as he is good enough to play for any top championship team . We looked after him and the fans have him in their heart , as the songs and good wishes during his injuries tell . Come on mate , think about it . You're at home here , and highly valued by us . Plenty of time to move UP a long way .But I always live in hope until I'm told something officially .

Unless it was mis-reported Shacks and Callum signed two year contracts in pre-season and Fifita was only one year.

i thought Callum had but wasn't sure. Latu is staying with town at least another season, I'm not sure if it's signed but I know he's definitely expecting to be a town player next term. There's Declan to add to that list as well.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Where's the Elliott Miller crack come from first I've heard and I usually hear all the gossip only town player I've heard could be switching is karl olstrum and Jamie Doran but he's a wigan player at the end of the day

ive heard from quite a few mate, and most of mine are from town fans who are usually in the know. I hope it's nonsense but I've got a feeling we could be disappointed this time around.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Again options available to all clubs ,just cause they worked for us , French lads signed for us ,Taylor and Beaumont came on loan then side for us ,trout played 2 games early doors on loan

Funny how the French teams said they were on loan to Haven...   Sadly Sigi being recalled to Catalan to play in Superleague gave the game away.... they were loans

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Funny how the French teams said they were on loan to Haven... Sadly Sigi being recalled to Catalan to play in Superleague gave the game away.... they were loans

Oh God not this again,if they were loans it means we would have fielded too many loan/DR players and would have been punished by the RFL.As we have not been punished or it even mentioned by the RFL then it's clear they were signed to have on short term deals...get over it

Funny how the French teams said they were on loan to Haven... Sadly Sigi being recalled to Catalan to play in Superleague gave the game away.... they were loans

Oh God not this again,if they were loans it means we would have fielded too many loan/DR players and would have been punished by the RFL.As we have not been punished or it even mentioned by the RFL then it's clear they were signed to have on short term deals...get over it

Archived