Signings for next season

Pink panther

yes everyone joins haven for the love of the club and the clubs stature and history etc. Got nothing to do with money.

Forrester,all you lot said haven offered him much more but he signed for town,so which is it ,or do only players town sign do it cause they like certain things and about the club,coach set up etc......get real .Some on on here hit the nail bang on the head

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forrester,all you lot said haven offered him much more but he signed for town,so which is it ,or do only players town sign do it cause they like certain things and about the club,coach set up etc......get real .Some on on here hit the nail bang on the head

SF is an allerdale lad and that will of been a major factor. So to decode your message you believe the player is signing for haven so he can play in a different position.

Not always about money lots of things influence players decisions to sign for clubs.Chris Taylor being a prime example.

if ell leaves town for haven it's purely down to money. Why would he leave his group of mates, a team that's stood by him through injury and a club he's been with for years to play with a team with no more ambition than town, always get beat by town and will finish lower in the league than town. Makes no sense at all.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

if ell leaves town for haven it's purely down to money. Why would he leave his group of mates, a team that's stood by him through injury and a club he's been with for years to play with a team with no more ambition than town, always get beat by town and will finish lower in the league than town. Makes no sense at all.

well said wonky!

I'm sure Elliott won't hold anyone to ransom. The lad has to look after himself financially, but all Town fans would be gutted if he signed for the Jambo's. I can't see why he would want to sign for a club who has a different coach every 18-24 months with an erratic recruitment policy and a decent turnover of players.

Wait and see what happens.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Do not think Elliot would hold the club to ransom,Elliot is like any other player,all he wants is a fair contract for his services,I think Elliot knows what the fans think of him and I know he really appreciates the help the club provided to him in his absence whilst being injured.If Whitehaven offer him more money you cannot blame him for looking at the offer and taking it,but,i hope that town realise we have a match winner in Elliot and I know they will do all they can to get his signature on the contract,but if not,good luck to him,i for one would not call him for his dicision to sign for another club,even haven.I would like to think that the club retain our DR with Wigan next season and if Elliot decided to leave then we, if possible, would keep tierny who would then replace Elliot on the wing,but keep Elliot,and if he wants the chance to play centre give him a go,nothing to lose,i personally think he can and will play centre,got the pace,got the tenacity,and just like Declan Hulme,got the ability.I do believe he will stay at town and next season we will once again see the killer miller flying down the the wing.

I'm sure Elliott won't hold anyone to ransom. The lad has to look after himself financially, but all Town fans would be gutted if he signed for the Jambo's. I can't see why he would want to sign for a club who has a different coach every 18-24 months with an erratic recruitment policy and a decent turnover of players.

Wait and see what happens.

and had to borrow players from here there and everywhere to compete in this league. I think if there's issue over position they could be addressed and negotiated. If it's down to money then everyone is human. Budgets aren't massive and have to be put to best use all over the squad.

And like I keep telling you agree with them or not loans,DR, and signings options available to all clubs.

LOl.... you've well changed your tune since last year, as the only reason Haven have been able to compete this year is because they've had to scounge players from other clubs.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

How is it hypocrisy,just cause I disagree with DR,does that mean haven shouldn't use it??.As you were so fond of quoting last season thems the rule.My opinion on DR has never changed its a ridiculous system and should be scrapped or at least go back to its original form the first season it was introduced.As for loans they have been around for ever and a day,and we have had 4 loan players this season,trout who played a couple of games and moved to hunslet,walker who played a few games then moves to London.Taylor and Beaumont came in on loan and both signed for haven for the rest of this season and now both signed for next season.

I know that Sammutt is high on the list but if the club can't afford the deal then there is plenty of yping men who have the potential to be equally as effective in this league. Gareth o brien from wire is out of contract , David Hewitt from Saints is another and in the prop forwards Ben Evans would be a great signing I'd he can't find another SL club. As for Elliot he needs to stay put and play on the wing as next year he could end up the top try scorer in the division with Declan on his inside. Well done to Tom highly thought of at warrington and is a star in the making

I know that Sammutt is high on the list but if the club can't afford the deal then there is plenty of yping men who have the potential to be equally as effective in this league. Gareth o brien from wire is out of contract , David Hewitt from Saints is another and in the prop forwards Ben Evans would be a great signing I'd he can't find another SL club. As for Elliot he needs to stay put and play on the wing as next year he could end up the top try scorer in the division with Declan on his inside. Well done to Tom highly thought of at warrington and is a star in the making

i like Gareth o brien, think he's been harshly done since they brought in that prop forward to play scrum half, I think the chance of us keeping Sammut is getting higher by the day.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I trust your comments wonderofwood but i dont think anyone else would or could do the job Sammut has!

If we do sign Sammut we will be alot better off next year and i wont be shitting myself about relegation! Hah

The thing with a marquee signing like Sammut isn't just what he brings on the field, it's that he acts as a magnet to attract other quality players who may not consider Town as an option in the normal course of things. Signing Jarod on a permanent deal sends a message out of the club having a bit of ambition.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

O ' Brien surely will get a SL deal , or are least a full time champ deal . He's took so much treatment but always gets up for more . I agree with everything that's been said . Along with Gaskell we parachute in the best half in the league , and all eyes from outside take notice of what you're doing

Archived