london squad

Ginock1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is the commentator?

Don't know who he was but he certainly wasn't a Town fan, they went back to him from the haven game after a batley try and he said " It's even better news here.....London have scored again " !!!! Mind you he did inform us of something we have been suspecting all season, Doran can't tackle. I would play Lucock and Callum next week.

Only consolation is haven didn't exactly have a confidence booster either, if Batley hadn't missed a load of conversions it would have been an embarrassment for them. What the hell was JJP doing on there with a torn knee ligament ? 

Whoops that's got out :(

It's been out for at least a fortnight.   Players tweeting about it doesn't help keep it secret!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

62 0. Missed 6= 52. 0

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Yes but exactly how many are going !!!

Who cares they've stayed up.. Good on them

theres 4 going I believe. I also think it's just the final that they'll miss. And let's be honest we ain't going to dewsbury or fev and winning. Get 4th, bank the extra cash, job done

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

theres 4 going I believe. I also think it's just the final that they'll miss. And let's be honest we ain't going to dewsbury or fev and winning. Get 4th, bank the extra cash, job done

yes agreed get 4th bag the cash and Who a few months ago would gave thought we would be safe with 3 games left. Main jobs done and i think the lads will bounce back next sunday at home.

I agree the cash is all that matters ... So , we need to clarify ... Is the extra position cash paid after the 23 game league phase ( great for us ) , or after the super 8s ... ?

With everyone talking about the discrepancy between the top 2/4 and the rest who knows what the cash share-out wiil be for next season?     They talked about different amounts at the start of this season to what they had said previously so I would expect them to be changing the figures for next season!! 

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Although we are safe today's results does mean next week has some significance. We need the points to ensure batley and them lot can't catch us especially as them lot have donny at home the week after and we have tough trip to dews.

Well as others have previously said - who cares, so what does it matter?

Although we are safe today's results does mean next week has some significance. We need the points to ensure batley and them lot can't catch us especially as them lot have donny at home the week after and we have tough trip to dews.

i prefer that, will be a better game.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

being safe is everything and 4th would be a bonus but i didnt expect a win today but thought it would be much closer than it was , last weeks match was no guide to form as donny were a knock off and kells would probably have beaten them by a few ,they really were that bad and the story is they had been boozing all week on holiday before , the signs were there at home to fetherstone with a under par performance against a shaky fev . five  19 year olds and one 18 yr old played for the bronco's today so i'd say they had fire in their bellies and contracts on their minds .

See how long it takes for some of you lot to get on their backs was a big task going down there as long it's not a hammering I'm not that arsed we've done what we set out to do

Was a hammering though wasn’t it? Its what I just don’t get ; we get trounced by  team which has been getting stuffed at home by teams around us following our trouncing of another team just the week before? Go on explain it then please...

Was a hammering though wasn’t it? Its what I just don’t get ; we get trounced by team which has been getting stuffed at home by teams around us following our trouncing of another team just the week before? Go on explain it then please...

today was disappointing but if you look at the 8's in genral the scores are all over the place and teams seem to be up and down week to week. It's getting hard to judge who will beat who times.

Agree Anonymouse / Oneday . I had a good feeling about today and liked our team sheet . It's how you lose , and a few times we lose badly . We need to get that out of our system to move forward to the next level . Compete , away as well as at home to most teams , and show more consistency . Even in winning a few it's not all been smooth . There's a gulf in our performance and mentality that the better teams don't often show . We've made a foundation and now we have to improve our quality in personnel , and move on in so much as how we compete consistently and even how we lose .

I'm just chuffed we have survived, well done the BOD for the master stroke of bringing in Sammut, as H4E stated in an early post we would probably been down without him and they would certainly be down without their Widnes contingent. I'ts funny how a teams fortunes can change, a couple of months ago the haven vultures were circling above us thinking we were gonners one poster stating that they would be 7 points ahead of us going into the game at the wreck. A win against them next week would see another 5 win season against them and would send them into their final game soiling their pants, then again if they beat us they would probably get that 4th place and extra cash to entice a few more Town players. So quite a bit at stake next week but if we win I couldn't give a monkeys about the other games, I doubt the shield final would pull in more than 3 thousand whoever was in it.

Here's hoping for a massive final effort from our lad's next week and an amazing 5th victory.

UP THE TOWN

If that's the case oneday it has to be the last year. Last year we said the same and got humped away without really bothering . But now we've done this twice and been satisfied . Next year if we reach play off football it's time to go for it and show the ambition , from the players to ! Or what's the point playing to get there !

Agree Anonymouse / Oneday . I had a good feeling about today and liked our team sheet . It's how you lose , and a few times we lose badly . We need to get that out of our system to move forward to the next level . Compete , away as well as at home to most teams , and show more consistency . Even in winning a few it's not all been smooth . There's a gulf in our performance and mentality that the better teams don't often show . We've made a foundation and now we have to improve our quality in personnel , and move on in so much as how we compete consistently and even how we lose .

Hooker''s a very important position for go forward and putting in a lot of tackles and I don't know why Lucock wasn't playing but we didn't have one today . Although I wasn't expecting that it wouldn't have helped one bit.

Archived