london squad

Ginock1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess a couple of months ago I’d have jumped at the chance of survival but I sometimes just wish we could show a bit more belief at the death. Still, season’s not done yet and if I come away with a smile after next weeks match against the lucky, lyin, cheatin, godamn MFing son's of bitches  ;)  I'll settle for that!

I can't understand why we are competitive at home Against London but get a drubbing away from home. It seems to happen all through the season. It certainly didn't help yesterday without a recognised hooker. Poor Lucock never seems to get a fair crack of the whip, even after playing well. It's a bit similar to Duerdon in that respect. PV just doesn't seem to rate them.

Totally fair point Terry . It's not being critical to be frustrated by these things , I'm sure PV is the same . For to long it's been a feature - looking at a team sheet and being optimistic , and then wondering what's happened two hours later !

As I say , to progress we must stop being content with being top dog in our goldfish bowl , and start aiming up away as well at home in games that are well within our compass . Blowing so hot and cold with the same personnel will always see us struggling . I guess the coach can only do so much in I nstalling the right attitude , it's in the hands of the players . But when recruiting that's one thing he'll be looking at I'm sure . I hope we win next week , and then regardless of the importance , I'll be very disappointed if players go

awol . I just don't think that gives a good look at all , and when contracts come round it should be on the agenda to play to the very end , as we are trying to get to the very end aren't we ???

Totally fair point Terry . It's not being critical to be frustrated by these things , I'm sure PV is the same . For to long it's been a feature - looking at a team sheet and being optimistic , and then wondering what's happened two hours later !

As I say , to progress we must stop being content with being top dog in our goldfish bowl , and start aiming up away as well at home in games that are well within our compass . Blowing so hot and cold with the same personnel will always see us struggling . I guess the coach can only do so much on installing the right attitude , it's in the hands of the players . But when recruiting that's one thing he'll be looking at

It's an acute mental weakness in some players, and until they turn up mentally prepared to fight for every point rather than let their heads drop it will continue regardless of how well they're coached. Top sportsman in any field have a teak tough mental attitude.

Slightly related is the 4 players who are off to Vegas before the season officially ends. It doesn't sit well with me at all. Are they in holiday mode now perhaps? I'm very supportive of our BOD but I'm surprised they've let this happen. I can't imagine PV is pleased.

Probably didn't know they're still be games as the rfl are such a shower of Shi# that nobody had a clue when season would finishso they booked based on when the previous season finished.

That's the only plausible answer for me Ginock. Still grates though, given who the players are. We will miss them if we progress.

Probably didn't know they're still be games as the rfl are such a shower of Shi# that nobody had a clue when season would finishso they booked based on when the previous season finished. 

The League Fixtures, as printed in the League Weekly dated 20th October 2014 which show:-

August - Weekend of 8th/9th - Super 8's and Championship Shield Play-offs begin.

September - Weekend of 26th/27th - Championship Shield Semi-Finals

October - Weekend of 3rd/4th - The Million Pound Game and the Championship Shield Final.

So, if the press could print this on that date then the clubs would have had draft fixture lists before then to approve or ask for alterations.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

i said before the season started it was a huge mistake to remove the bonus point , thats why we get so many one sided games .the bonus point was a two way thing which a lot of people (including the rfl) didn t pick up on , firstly gaining one if you got beat , but just as importantly stopping your opponent getting one , especially if it was one of the teams you were in a relegation fight with or top 4 position match .

Amen to that Ivan . I thought it was a great innovation leading to teams having plenty to play for even in a losing cause . We could go to Leigh and Sheffield and think there's something to tangibly get out of it . It's a reward for consistency and effort . The league table showed that reward . My brother went to Batley on game day one and the first thing he said to me was , it looked like we gave in with no BP to play for when the game had gone . RFL says every minute matters ? But the rules being uniform everywhere got it binned .

i said before the season started it was a huge mistake to remove the bonus point , thats why we get so many one sided games .the bonus point was a two way thing which a lot of people (including the rfl) didn t pick up on , firstly gaining one if you got beat , but just as importantly stopping your opponent getting one , especially if it was one of the teams you were in a relegation fight with or top 4 position match .

Another howler from the RFL, they need to bring it back next year, who can forget our comeback against Leigh last year when we all celebrated at the final whistle like we had won the game. They should bring it in to SL as well, it would certainly give teams an incentive to keep battling to the end. It seems that it was thrown out because teams that found it difficult to compete for the full 80 didn't like it.

I wonder how many bonus points those teams would have had this season ?

Cheers Tommo.

Having only watched it once (that was enough) I couldn't say one player was at fault it was poor team defence. Three times due to poor marker defence and the rest getting caught short of numbers and making poor decisions.

I have painfully watched it twice and quite a number of their tries are scored in the same area involving the same players but there just doesn't look to be any enthusiasm from any of the Town players.   Their body language is terrible.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived