Leigh to ignore Salary Cap

You really don't research things Leigh related and allow your jealousy to run riot. Leigh have moved on Walker to London, Penky and Platt, Beaumont to Haven? and had space on the cap once income was known.

A lot has happened at Leigh that most are not familiar with, I think Derek has had enough with this and the fingers are raised - will be interesting what enfolds and the new money person is announced supporting Derek soon

Hock & Higham signed before Walker went to Lobdon or Penky was finally sacked or released and Beaumont was only on loan at Whitehaven this season

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not asking for more funding - he will fund it himself. The cream must rise, the cap is holding back the sport and we are being beaten up by RU and NRL. Any club willing to finance it should go for it, keep up or fall behind. He has legal onto challenging the RFL, he will probably win especially if the contracts are loaded to the 8's

So we can look forward to the Deadly Duo of Derek and Marwan taking the RFL to court. Can't wait.

Whether or not they eventually succeed, and it would take years to get a resolution, the point is Beaumont has shown contempt for the rules of the competition his club is trying to get into. How is that likely to play with the governing body and the other clubs in the competition? 

Did Beaumont pass a fit and proper person test when he took over at Leigh? If so, how?

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

So we can look forward to the Deadly Duo of Derek and Marwan taking the RFL to court. Can't wait.

Whether or not they eventually succeed, and it would take years to get a resolution, the point is Beaumont has shown contempt for the rules of the competition his club is trying to get into. How is that likely to play with the governing body and the other clubs in the competition? 

Did Beaumont pass a fit and proper person test when he took over at Leigh? If so, how?

Even Marwan has calmed down now

Is there a fit & proper test in RL?

It doesn't matter what he thinks ... It's the rules of the sport ! I don't think unilateral action coz I dont like it will wash as a defence

The interesting thing is if it goes to a court of law, which I believe is where it is heading, as opposed to the Kangaroo Court of West Yorkshire. If the court decides it is wrong it would very difficult for the RFL not to change its rules imo

The governing body would be luvved then wouldn't they

?

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

No tears to cry no feelings left

The interesting thing is if it goes to a court of law, which I believe is where it is heading, as opposed to the Kangaroo Court of West Yorkshire. If the court decides it is wrong it would very difficult for the RFL not to change its rules imo

And if the court say that the sport's rules apply and Leigh need to adhere to them then what?

I wouldn't be do sure of 'victory' as courts have before said not their issue and clubs sign up to the rules so should stick to them

You are a legal expert?

Loading any contract onto the 8s is still against the rules and doesn't allow a cap to be breached

Why don't you I.e. The Leigh club try to do things the correct way instead of acting like complete idiots?

RL needs fresh blood, Derek wants to spend £millions making Leigh one of those, Toulouse will enter the comp and should have the same opportunity to spend for success as should anyone wanting to do the same

And if the court say that the sport's rules apply and Leigh need to adhere to them then what?

I wouldn't be do sure of 'victory' as courts have before said not their issue and clubs sign up to the rules so should stick to them

Then nothing changes, but if it says the opposite.....................

have no problem with leigh breaking the salary cap . but if they get into financial difficulties don t go whining to the rfl for a bail out ....no more fiascos like bradford and wakefield....any club unable to pay their bills should face automatic relegation .

Totally agree, the cap should be what you can afford, go into administration and you are relegated

RL needs fresh blood, Derek wants to spend £millions making Leigh one of those, Toulouse will enter the comp and should have the same opportunity to spend for success as should anyone wanting to do the same

Are you ignoring the points raised as your response doesn't attempt to answer the post quoted

The RFL would not be under any obligation to change the rules regardless of what any court said. Things like the salary cap are a mutual agreement between members of a private club, rules of membership if you will like at a golf club etc which are voted on and accepted by the members. The salary cap has no basis in law, that has been known for a long time, but it is not illegal as it does not restrict the earnings of a particular individual. The RFL would only need the other members to vote for the rule to be kept in place. If Leigh decided not to accept the conditions of membership then the RFL would be entitled to expel them from the organisation. But Beaumont knows that, as did Koukash, which is why he'll have his 15 minutes of fame and then do precisely nothing about it.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The RFL would not be under any obligation to change the rules regardless of what any court said. Things like the salary cap are a mutual agreement between members of a private club, rules of membership if you will like at a golf club etc which are voted on and accepted by the members. The salary cap has no basis in law, that has been known for a long time, but it is not illegal as it does not restrict the earnings of a particular individual. The RFL would only need the other members to vote for the rule to be kept in place. If Leigh decided not to accept the conditions of membership then the RFL would be entitled to expel them from the organisation. But Beaumont knows that, as did Koukash, which is why he'll have his 15 minutes of fame and then do precisely nothing about it.

but what is being challenged, the salary cap within a comp or two salary caps within the same comp?

Whats the PL cap? Life says the poor people live in the basic houses, if you want a better house then graft for one.

There is a cap set by UEFA and then at championship level and below one set by the Football League based on turnover

Google for further details

but what is being challenged, the salary cap within a comp or two salary caps within the same comp?

Makes no difference

If Leigh had ANY sense they would do it the correct way but they haven't got the common sense to act professionally

Archived