Leigh to ignore Salary Cap

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The salary cap isnt relevant  as to why Leigh are were they are.Wrong decision making & no killer instinct cost them dearly against hkr & wakey

I'd say failing to beat the teams with the same cap as them is their main failure........Had a feeling fax away would see them come unstuck.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

The 3 TV games sat 3pm probably cost the club over £100k in gate and sponsorship. You may be able to help me out in finding another club forced to play 75% and all its big home games live 3pm on TV, or maybe not.

If your going to break the salary cap you obviously don't need the lost revenue do you?.

Fev brain trust on tour again? Whose turn today??

It's a legitimate question isn't it? It's your chairman that said he would ignore the salary cap as the thread title says. So obviously if that is the case then you obviously don't need the lost revenue do you? Also nice to see the insults still coming from Leigh ( or should I say a certain section of the Leigh faithful) even though they've come back down to earth with a bang.

The 3 TV games sat 3pm probably cost the club over £100k in gate and sponsorship. You may be able to help me out in finding another club forced to play 75% and all its big home games live 3pm on TV, or maybe not.

All the SL biggest games are televised....clubs are forced to play on Thursday nights...

or is this your excuse for Leigh if they ever make it up to SL?

The any time any place anywhere attitude which Leigh had is now looking silly.

Leigh where winning with class and style...its a shame they can't loose with the same class and dignity!

Leigh should respect their opponents who out thought and out performed them!

All the SL biggest games are televised....clubs are forced to play on Thursday nights...

or is this your excuse for Leigh if they ever make it up to SL?

The any time any place anywhere attitude which Leigh had is now looking silly.

Leigh where winning with class and style...its a shame they can't loose with the same class and dignity!

Leigh should respect their opponents who out thought and out performed them!

Ask Paul Clough about losing with dignity, Bulls players clapped by NS on saturday as they set up for the restart after last try - to which he acknowledged the crowd. You dimwits are making right tools of yourselves with your clueless opinions of reality. Derek asked the RFL to raise the cap to compete well before our fate was secured, we started this season with basically last years squad moving to FT, and he knows whats now needed to get where we want to be - the cap restricts that desire when promotion is through the play off 8's

It's a legitimate question isn't it? It's your chairman that said he would ignore the salary cap as the thread title says. So obviously if that is the case then you obviously don't need the lost revenue do you? Also nice to see the insults still coming from Leigh ( or should I say a certain section of the Leigh faithful) even though they've come back down to earth with a bang.

You don't get wealthy by letting £100k walk away unquestioned, it would be an extra player at the level we wish to be

Ask Paul Clough about losing with dignity, Bulls players clapped by NS on saturday as they set up for the restart after last try - to which he acknowledged the crowd. You dimwits are making right tools of yourselves with your clueless opinions of reality. Derek asked the RFL to raise the cap to compete well before our fate was secured, we started this season with basically last years squad moving to FT, and he knows whats now needed to get where we want to be - the cap restricts that desire when promotion is through the play off 8's

I'm sorry Craig but I have no sympathy wasn't DB one of the championship chairman that voted for this current system knowing what it entailed? Like most of the champ chairman they knew what they were getting in to. So they now need to find a way to get into SL using this system they voted in instead of saying it's unfair etc how do you think batley Workington etc chairman are thinking about you Bulls etc getting extra funding and spending more cap you don't see them moaning about it do you?

Derek asked the RFL to raise the cap to compete well before our fate was secured.

Interested in this part; did he raise the question when the structure was being developed or during this season? If it was the former, did he vote for the new system? Does he also agree that it is right Leigh get a bigger central grant than say the likes of Hunslet and Doncaster despite them being in the same division?

I'm sorry Craig but I have no sympathy wasn't DB one of the championship chairman that voted for this current system knowing what it entailed? Like most of the champ chairman they knew what they were getting in to. So they now need to find a way to get into SL using this system they voted in instead of saying it's unfair etc how do you think batley Workington etc chairman are thinking about you Bulls etc getting extra funding and spending more cap you don't see them moaning about it do you?

Actually Gaz, what you are referring to as far as appearing on TV was not known about until a week or so before the first game was played which happened to be Leigh v Hull KR, which is that any Championship club playing at home in a televised match would not recieve the £15K telivising fee and also the £5K for displaying the SL First Utillity Logo, (SL clubs in the middle 8 recieve both these for televised games played at their grounds) this coupled with what i believe proved to be reduced attendances, by both being on a Saturday Afternoon and away supporters not needing to travel to watch the game, take the Bulls on Saturday for instance, 3k less crowd than the League game and this was in my opinion much more important.

Only Leigh - three times, and Halifax - once have been victims of the non-payment, if any one other than Scotchy deems this to be a fair system I don't know why.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Actually Gaz, what you are referring to as far as appearing on TV was not known about until a week or so before the first game was played which happened to be Leigh v Hull KR, which is that any Championship club playing at home in a televised match would not recieve the £15K telivising fee and also the £5K for displaying the SL First Utillity Logo, (SL clubs in the middle 8 recieve both these for televised games played at their grounds) this coupled with what i believe proved to be reduced attendances, by both being on a Saturday Afternoon and away supporters not needing to travel to watch the game, take the Bulls on Saturday for instance, 3k less crowd than the League game and this was in my opinion much more important.

Only Leigh - three times, and Halifax - once have been victims of the non-payment, if any one other than Scotchy deems this to be a fair system I don't know why.

Surely the home fans didn't need to travel to watch the game on TV too?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Glad to see you back. I was getting concerned after you not being around since Saturday

Anyway why is being on TV an RFL agenda?

Leeds & Saints were on at least 7 out of the first 8 weeks of the season including the dreaded Thursday evening game

How do you get to £100k? Season tickets were ok for 3 out of your 4 matches and other clubs showed a reduction in play off type games

Surely increase pd sponsorship opportunities arose with you being on TV?

Maybe next year don't be successful and then you won't be on TV

Higham & Hick played for who last year? Definitely not Leigh on a part time basis so your squad did change this year

The Qualifying 8's were brought in as a way of introducing P & R again

Leigh presumably knew the format at the begining of the season, probably bar the actual match days

It seems that some on here have expected Leigh to gain promotion as a God given right. Maybe their expectations were too high?

However, its not worked out like that and suddenly everyone else is to blame rather than the results on the field

Leigh have been in that 8, they've had that chance, but its not worked out. They should learn from it and move on to next year

What's more, the macho rantings of hairy-arsed decking salesman are not doing the teams loyal and true fans any favours. He is projecting a false image of the club and any Rfl sanctions for rule breaking will only punish these fans who have put loads on money in over the years.

There is nothing wrong with the 8's imo, but reality raises opportunities for improvement, eg Strengthening squads at the death - should be 4 weeks before imo, creating a more equal spectacle - allow a more equal cap be that reducing the SL clubs to say no more than 25% more than the champ clubs for the 8's or allowing the champ clubs to spend more if they wish, No more than one televised Saturday game per club excl £Million game etc

Archived