Leigh to ignore Salary Cap

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds a very stupid thing to do. Whether Leigh like it or not they like the rest have to play by the rules or face the consequences-which could see Leigh docked points and missing out on SL. And I am not sure looking to take things to Court is a good thing to do and could end up hurting Leigh more than if they played by the rules.

Good of him to tip off the authorities in advance.

I have this vision of a bank robber texting the police: 'Hi guys, get yourselves down to HSBC about two tomorrow, I'll be the one wearing a mask and carrying a sawn off shotgun. Best wishes, Derek  x.'

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

The Middle 8s are a fundamentally unfair competition because of the salary cap, but I'm not sure what the answer is, as scrapping the cap will lead to lots of clubs reaching for Super League and going bust when they fall short.

Perhaps something based on turnover is the answer, but that can be manipulated more easily than the current system.

Beaumont is right to highlight the issue, but he's not going about it in a very professional way - which I guess could form the basis for his epitaph in the future.

People called Romans they go the house

As daft as it sounds, the RFL would possibly be on a sticky wicket if it was legally challenged. We are talking about the middle 8s here and whether the competition is a level playing field etc. Is the middle 8s the same competition as the Championship and SL or different? What if he back-ended contract payments to players for the middle 8s only - thus staying under the cap for the Championship?

I don't think we should have a cap below SL, or certainly not one lower than the SL one. We want the well resourced, potentially successful teams to rise to the appropriate level for them. As long as they can show they can pay, let them pay. Especially Toulouse...

He has as much interest in fairness as I have in synchronised swimming. I doubt he thinks it's unfair that during the regular season his club has 3 to 4 times the central funding of other clubs in the same league. But that's ok when it's in his favour.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Let them break the rules providing the RFL then deal with it correctly by deducting points and fining them

Leigh know the rules so either need to change them correctly via the RFL & other clubs or abide by them

Leigh have done themselves absolutely no favours with their behaviour and attitudes both on and off the field this year

There was faux outrage when Marwan Koukash suggested reasons why Salford needed to break the salary cap.

Their lack of success since would seem to prove him right.

Beaumont appears to want to break the salary cap totally.

I await the replies from Messrs Hetherington,McManus et al

I also await action from the RFL for this latest public outburst.Unless,of course,someone has hacked his accounts for social media and Neil Barker has committed libel.

Some people may also wonder how he released one player to sign Andrew Dixon and remain under the salary cap,earlier this year

http://www.leighcenturions.com/news/685

Since then Hock and Higham were signed with an apparent lack of outgoing players.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

He has as much interest in fairness as I have in synchronised swimming. I doubt he thinks it's unfair that during the regular season his club has 3 to 4 times the central funding of other clubs in the same league. But that's ok when it's in his favour.

He's not asking for more funding - he will fund it himself. The cream must rise, the cap is holding back the sport and we are being beaten up by RU and NRL. Any club willing to finance it should go for it, keep up or fall behind. He has legal onto challenging the RFL, he will probably win especially if the contracts are loaded to the 8's

There was faux outrage when Marwan Koukash suggested reasons why Salford needed to break the salary cap.

Their lack of success since would seem to prove him right.

Beaumont appears to want to break the salary cap totally.

I await the replies from Messrs Hetherington,McManus et al

I also await action from the RFL for this latest public outburst.Unless,of course,someone has hacked his accounts for social media and Neil Barker has committed libel.

Some people may also wonder how he released one player to sign Andrew Dixon and remain under the salary cap,earlier this year

http://www.leighcenturions.com/news/685

Since then Hock and Higham were signed with an apparent lack of outgoing players.

You really don't research things Leigh related and allow your jealousy to run riot. Leigh have moved on Walker to London, Penky and Platt, Beaumont to Haven? and had space on the cap once income was known.

A lot has happened at Leigh that most are not familiar with, I think Derek has had enough with this and the fingers are raised - will be interesting what enfolds and the new money person is announced supporting Derek soon

He's not asking for more funding - he will fund it himself. The cream must rise, the cap is holding back the sport and we are being beaten up by RU and NRL. Any club willing to finance it should go for it, keep up or fall behind. He has legal onto challenging the RFL, he will probably win especially if the contracts are loaded to the 8's

You are a legal expert?

Loading any contract onto the 8s is still against the rules and doesn't allow a cap to be breached

Why don't you I.e. The Leigh club try to do things the correct way instead of acting like complete idiots?

Archived