End of an era as Buchanan heads for pastures new

NickD

Don't trust facebook,Sammutt cost me 12 lines from GFDU. I'm a silly billy. If true, all the best Austin Buchanan, from a Bulldog,respect.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Hi. I believe it is true. Hoping to speak to him before the end of the day.

Cheers. What a character he's been! You need guys like him at any club. Sponsored him for a few years so wish him all the best

austin.jpg

“I’ll forever be a supporter of the Rams – I just hope the club can sort me out some free tickets so I can come back and watch!”

Austin Buchanan has taken up the offer of a playing contract with York City Knights for 2016, marking the end of a memorable chapter in the club’s recent history.

Hear from Austin: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/47303/end-of-an-era-as

Tom

Austin leaving eh - who'd have thought it?

All the best Austin - you've been a great entertainer and massive enthusiast over the years. You'll be missed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Great player who should have been a regular in the championship this season

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

good luck n all the best austin,been a great servant to the club

Austin is right up there in the list of my personal all time favourites along with the Stephensons, Jeff Grayshon, Marquis Charles and Eddie Rombo. Wouldn't it be nice if he could be given a lap of honour and a presentation at the BD friendly - or maybe even organize a friendly against York to allow the fans to express their appreciation of a loyal servant - maybe even a bucket collection to top up his testimonial. Would the club be up for this Tom ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Is his testimonial still running?

It would be nice to see him presented with a cheque before one of the games

That would be a fitting severance then.

He hopefully picks up a few bob, we give him a rousing cheer, he waves and applauds in appreciation.

Everyone's happy.

Excellent suggestion

Get a little trophy

The Austin cup

And play a friendly with them

Or at least a friendly with them

I do feel York are the forgotten club this season with how they've been dealt with

Forgotten by whom?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived