ffs DR

old big red54

Im sure Fev will play whoever Leeds tell them to.

you see... I normally support your use of the forum and I really don't get wound up at your posts.

But you are now being deliberately obtuse and you're fishing for a reaction....

Jack it in.

Your informed observations are welcome (by me at least). Stop pi zzing about and behave thi sen. It doesn't suit thi.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure Fev will play whoever Leeds tell them to.

The usual reply we expect from BO. I see a little envy creeping in don't you? This action could make us the strongest team in the league. Are you getting scared of getting a little Boxed in?

you see... I normally support your use of the forum and I really don't get wound up at your posts.

Jack it in.

Your informed observations are welcome (by me at least). Stop pi zzing about and behave thi sen. It doesn't suit thi.

However, not unlike the sort of comment made by supporters of your club when other club's took up with DR! Annoying isn't it.

Aye... tho I do think there is an overwhelming majority eho dislike it with a passion. I understand why we're using it. I just wished we didn't have to

Robin, l couldn't agree more, hate it myself, hated it when we used it, hated it when others did. But no difference between you using it to get into the top four, Hunslet using it to survive in the Championship, or Swinton using it to survive full stop. All clubs have their reasons for using the system, but ultimately the system only suits one team in the end.

Wholly agree. It's sheeite.

We either disadvantage ourselves by declining to use dr and see others strengthen with Leeds players not us, or we buy into it.

There are those of course who suggest we wouldn't be disadvantaged buy declining dr.

Me personally would hate to see fev miss out cos we've opted to stick with our smaller squad and young lads cos another team are happy to use leeds players.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Wholly agree. It's sheeite.

We either disadvantage ourselves by declining to use dr and see others strengthen with Leeds players not us, or we buy into it.

There are those of course who suggest we wouldn't be disadvantaged buy declining dr.

Me personally would hate to see fev miss out cos we've opted to stick with our smaller squad and young lads cos another team are happy to use leeds players.

Personally. l am perfectly happy to see us not use DR, whether it disadvantages us or not. The last point is debatable of course.

Jack it in.

Just my thoughts on Dual Reg at Fev and practically every other club that has used it. We see the same comments every year from fans whos clubs go down this route, this time it will be different etc etc but it hardly ever is. Its a farce but I understand why clubs feel the need to use it, my problem with that is with the RFL rather than any club who uses it. Like has been said there is only one team who benefits in the end.

And the alternative to a club that can't afford any more experienced players and hasn't got any experienced back up is? Dropping further down the league, getting less income, smaller crowds and in a worst state next year. It's a gamble but one to take in the present state of things. If it fails then we are no worse off than we are now and doing nothing is pathetic.

And the alternative to a club that can't afford any more experienced players and hasn't got any experienced back up is? Dropping further down the league, getting less income, smaller crowds and in a worst state next year. It's a gamble but one to take in the present state of things. If it fails then we are no worse off than we are now and doing nothing is pathetic.

So not using DR is pathetic? But previously, other clubs were roundly condemned and criticised for doing what Fev are doing. Personally, l have no issue with what other club's do, and how they want to represent themselves. But don't claim it is for different reasons than everyone else. My own club did, and that was nonsense too!

The usual reply we expect from BO. I see a little envy creeping in don't you? This action could make us the strongest team in the league. Are you getting scared of getting a little Boxed in?

Just like Leeds helped Hunslet be the strongest last season 

IMG_0583.JPG

From what I have observed.... regular / overuse of DR kills team morale!! ... if anything weakens the TEAM!!!  

I am not an advocate of DR I am asking what is the alternative. On this web site we have had people asking where is Briggs? Then saying we need some beef up front. Then saying too many players have left and we haven't got the backup. Then some saying we need stronger centres. Being realistic we haven't got the funds and we have a smaller squad. If we had the money and signed big stars wouldn't the youngsters feel the same about not getting an immediate place. Yes Leeds are taking the best advantage for themselves. But if we didn't take quality players on DR then our competitors would be jumping in to use players from a 3 competition winners. It is a sport and a business not a kindergarten. We have to do what is best for the club. With the experience gained under this system ultimately the youngsters will be able to fill the DR positions. For now in my opinion it is a good idea. If I am wrong then give me an alternative to make us a competitive team in 2016. Any body rooting for Fiesal? When I was against him and could see the possible outcome. (The usual voice in the wilderness) I was told to shut up. Lets be logical about this situation please.

We probably have the 5th highest income in the Championship by some distance. If we are unable to sign a competitive squad from that position then there is clearly something seriously wrong in the recruitment process. Isn't it great that we are now merely a link in the long established chain between Leeds and Hunslet?

We probably have the 5th highest income in the Championship by some distance. If we are unable to sign a competitive squad from that position then there is clearly something seriously wrong in the recruitment process. Isn't it great that we are now merely a link in the long established chain between Leeds and Hunslet?

It's the Hetherington effect

Im Fev and im proud

5th highest income. But what is our cash flow? What is the list or Dr and Cr. Why are the club doing this if our income is so good. This has obviously been considered and looked at and has been decided as the best option. I agree that DR has its drawbacks but I am still waiting from the grumblers to tell me a better option. We have a small squad and inexperienced back up. Surely an introduction of experienced players no matter by what method is better than sticking our heads in the sand and hoping something will turn up. Playing with the existing resources we have will result in a lower position in the league. Then the grumblers will start having a go at the team they now advocate. Give this a chance it is a further option and needs to be used to our advantage. Our coach welcomes it so he must want another tool to work with.

Scenario - ' Awreet Boss, who am I playing for on Sunday' 'lets just check with Barrie' ' That playing for Hunslet this week at Skolars as Rob Burrow needs a run out' 'Thanks Boss, can I still sign for Doncaster'

The urine will be extracted but hope you get your house sorted soon, all the best for 2016

Archived