Dual Reg

http://www.nationalconferenceleague.co.uk/news/article/14091/hunt-outlines-dual-registration-thoughts

It seems the NCL are trying to sway the decision of the 'non-believers' of Dual Reg.For me it seems a rather biased statement from a person who should be acting as a neutral.

Although the NCL is the pinnacle of the amateur game, the word 'amateur' should is the operative word. The players in this competition do not get paid, they play for the enjoyment of being in a tough comp, without the added seriousness of a pro club. To me, bringing in Dual Reg can only be detrimental to the NCL and will put even more pressure on clubs to keeping players.

It'll be interesting to hear the final vote without clubs being an automatic 'yes' for a no vote.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say good Marketing, the problem is the "against vote" have no voice to make their views public, I would say TH statement will be read by Hundreds we will be lucky if a few score read this, again not a level playing field.

: I think they should clarify club of origin, it is not usually the club they signed pro from.

: Don't we think there is enough poaching going on, supporting this will give another bag of carrots

: Each club can have a maximum 6 players, how many clubs will this effect?

: Each club can only play 3, so still players on the touch line

: If a club has too many on its quota that player is free to go elsewhere, how long before that is abused?

: It's not a level playing field, in Hull there are no Championship Clubs so the players we have are from Super League teams these players are still professional how long before these players are included

As has been said get the Empty promise book out again!

What Trevor fails to see is what is best for the community game over and above the pro game .

Again the community game is being asked to solve the pro games problem problems they have created by a failed scholarship / academy program .

Kids are having their heads turned far to early and the drop off of players 14-18 is not being addressed , and we are not getting the numbers into the OA game .

Are the NCL failing in their duty to look at the problems within the community game highlighting the problems above and taking the easy option of using Professional players to shore up a failing OA game ?

Back to the drawing board for the RFL and the paid puppets/muppets they have infiltrated in and around the community leagues and clubs,

Apparently they have a Plan B, NW Men's league and Yorkshire Men's league are introducing it, problem is they ain't told the clubs yet (note told) these are RFL run leagues

Your right Bowes below the prem is a tad low for SOME championship teams but lets be honest, and this part has to be adhered, the league is for the clubs and its members not the RFL. Although my league is a RFL owned league the members say how it is run. There will be a debate just like all leagues pointing out the pros and cons and the people in the room, after discussions with their clubs, will decide if they want it or not.

For reference i think NCL Prem and 1 is harder than Champ 1, just my opinion of course

Having come up against a 'pro' level player in NWC Div 6 when Bury was formed with a group of novice players it wasn't fun at all and i didn't feel it that safe.

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

Your right Bowes below the prem is a tad low for SOME championship teams but lets be honest, and this part has to be adhered, the league is for the clubs and its members not the RFL. Although my league is a RFL owned league the members say how it is run. There will be a debate just like all leagues pointing out the pros and cons and the people in the room, after discussions with their clubs, will decide if they want it or not.

For reference i think NCL Prem and 1 is harder than Champ 1, just my opinion of course

I think a lot depends in if we're talking northern or southern league 1 clubs as the latter wouldn't be too strong, but would have clubs closer to hone to send players to

Think its about time the amateur clubs should stand up and take charge of their own leagues, when are people going to realise that the rfl had to become the NGB to access the different funding bodies like sport England to be able to increase the revenue coming in to support the pro clubs, the strategy that the rfl have used in placing these individuals among the different leagues  has been instrumental in causing trouble and upset between the different leagues,

All the rfl are bothered about are the elite players and getting them in to the pro game and nothing else, sadly the amateur game has struggled over the past 15 years, BARLA lost its direction and pressed  the self destruct button when they didn't move with the times and when they overlooked what the British Amateur Rugby League Association actually stood for.

Question ;the NCL have voted against it ,their reserves play in the RFL run men's leagues apparently DB says the men's leagues will adopt DR .

So how can the reserve teams of NCL clubs play against Pro players and the first team won't , you are instructing clubs to go against the vote of theIr own club ?

Yet another example of people involved in RL who do not have a scooby Doo !!!!!!

The Cumbria CARLA league have knocked it back last week, this Monday the Cumbria Men's League meeting will be voting on DR, according to a couple of clubs it wont get passed with them neither, it would be good to see as that would really  sicken the rfl.

The easy answer Double D is, is it our problem, but in reality it does raise a very fearful probability that the pro game will bring back T&C's which is worse for the community Game.

The championship and super league clubs will just reduce their squads next season and cherry pick the lads back to the championship and Under 23's for no or little money then we have no control.

My self and Peter Moran fought very hard top rid T&C's out of the community game. The pro game was a crippling us taking lads not paying a penny and stopping them from playing in the lower ranks.

Don't get me wrong I'm not in favour of Dual Reg in the guise presented as there could potentially be too much displacement from the community game. These lads having no financial incentive to come back may just walk away then where does that leave us.

There has to be a solution and i would think it lies with the RFL getting their wallets out to help make the championship game be more viable or we go real radicle and change the games structure from top to bottom. Testing months ahead i think

Surely then the answer is simple let's take money away from the fat cats and invest into the game .

Little or no money is invested into the community game and what is is not value for money , let the Amatuer game re invent itself with a new Barla and let them run the amatuer game .

SL to replace RFL with one body running the pro game .

How hard is it to run in effect two leagues

Make SL and championship full time professional with a reserve grade U 23 and Acadamy U 19 scrap the scholarship system bring back min age signing 16 after kids have finished school .

Pro clubs to be assigned community clubs .

And to work with those clubs to assist and improve coaching and aid development not just the playing side but to assist in improving facilities etc.

Bring in a P&R system the same as football .

I could go on but you get the plan

Archived