Town V Newcastle thunder

town4me

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know much about them other than they finished 8th out of 14 in C1. They won 11 and lost 11. Saying that it's forcast rain just about all week so if it is on it looks like yet another heavy pitch.

At least we will be able to see the players and wont need our torches !!

Classic last night, play was down the railway end somewhere as you couldn't see them , both teams caked in sludge and one of Dopelands finest shouted get them on side, don't you just love them :laugh:

Yeah atleast the pitch will be well lit and we won't be forced to stand behind the sticks. Hope the forcast is a little inaccurate and we get a half decent playing surface to see some rugby being played after the last two games. I struggle to see what PV can get from mudbaths other than players blowing the cobwebs off

Cant see it going ahead , Town would be stupid to play another pre-season game with your walking wounded at the moment. PV would have got plenty from his team digging in last night and against Barrow. You can rehearse offensive moves at training but you cant beat contact especially in the mud to test their fitness and I suspect the club will be quietly pleased with how the lads fitness was last night. 

They looked defensively ready for the start of the season

Yeh , two really tough hit outs in deep conditions is enough . We don't want to bottom out for Sheffield . Ideally you want two free weeks of preparation , recovery and conditioning

also it would only give the DP pitch 7 days to recover for the eagles game if it gets churned up.

Cant see it going ahead , Town would be stupid to play another pre-season game with your walking wounded at the moment. PV would have got plenty from his team digging in last night and against Barrow. You can rehearse offensive moves at training but you cant beat contact especially in the mud to test their fitness and I suspect the club will be quietly pleased with how the lads fitness was last night. 

They looked defensively ready for the start of the season

Good point that marra, we cant afford any more injuries at this present time but isn't Matty and the wizard close to fitness and how far off was Big Alex ? also isn't the Rhino due this week , PV may want to check out these fellas before the Eagles . 

Good point that marra, we cant afford any more injuries at this present time but isn't Matty and the wizard close to fitness and how far off was Big Alex ? also isn't the Rhino due this week , PV may want to check out these fellas before the Eagles . 

I would expect them all to be getting more than checked out in training.

Cant see it going ahead , Town would be stupid to play another pre-season game with your walking wounded at the moment.

Some one got a crystal ball ??

"25th January 2016

Could supporters please be advised that, following consulation with the officials of Newcastle Thunder, Saturday evening's game has been cancelled.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 7th February for the visit of Sheffield Eagles, kick off 3pm."

"25th January 2016

Could supporters please be advised that, following consulation with the officials of Newcastle Thunder, Saturday evening's game has been cancelled.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 7th February for the visit of Sheffield Eagles, kick off 3pm."

Great , any reason why ?

Right call . No point taking any risks for basically nothing . He's got what he wanted out of the two games , so wrap up in cotton wool and get up to strength for the real business . Especially with such a crucial opening few weeks

"25th January 2016

Wish I had.

Makes perfect sense with the season just around the corner. Wouldn't get that much from hammering thunder (no disrespect ment). A junior Widnes side who play second tier academy games gave them a hiding three weeks ago . Not the sort of test in muddy wintery conditions you could get anything from that they haven't seen in the last two games .I would expect was the view taken by the BOD? And the state the pitch would get in must also been a consideration?

Smart call by the club on a few fronts. Looking back at the 2 friendlies; the pitch would be a mess for round 1 if you look at the forecast ahead.

Also, hearing a few took knocks in the game at the weekend. Give chance for recovery before the 1st game. Good call.

Excited to see sammut, matty, stack and verlinden come in for round one.

Wish I had.

Makes perfect sense with the season just around the corner. Wouldn't get that much from hammering thunder (no disrespect ment). A junior Widnes side who play second tier academy games gave them a hiding three weeks ago . Not the sort of test in muddy wintery conditions you could get anything from that they haven't seen in the last two games .I would expect was the view taken by the BOD? And the state the pitch would get in must also been a consideration?

We had 15 academy lads under 19 years old in our squad that day, and 2 trialists, out of the 27 man squad 3 will play in our matchday 17 this season, so it wasn't our 1st team at all.

We had 15 academy lads under 19 years old in our squad that day, and 2 trialists, out of the 27 man squad 3 will play in our matchday 17 this season, so it wasn't our 1st team at all.

no offence was intended by wonder, but if town hadnt racked up a very healthy win then we would be hitting panic stations.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

good decision , cant understand why haven fancy another mud brawl as the energy sapped in those games is double than fine weather pitches , recovery is much longer and travelling away for the first game isn't ideal , could be poor judgement on their behalf .

One good thing about the match being cancelled -it saves me a days leave!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived