Town-Wigan link cut

Alineden

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may not be the biggest disaster in the world as let's face it the Wigan DR was hardly a successful operation.

It may have left us in the lurch a bit but it now means that there will be the loan option or possibly DR with another club more committed to it to focus on. Who's to say we can't loan Wigan players?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It may not be the biggest disaster in the world as let's face it the Wigan DR was hardly a successful operation.

It may have left us in the lurch a bit but it now means that there will be the loan option or possibly DR with another club more committed to it to focus on. Who's to say we can't loan Wigan players?

Wigan!

It's due to duel reg we are in this mess .. But it shows how poor this "link up" was when its came as a surprise it's been cut by our head coach .. I haven't seen the article but in all honesty if he was to walk out I wouldn't be sorry ..

We're claiming no money but have a player on full time wages who hasn't played for a year ... Yeah bad luck for the lad but it's also bad luck on the species going through this week after week !

I read the news and star and phils having a pop at Sammut :( ... Jeez

We used to get them from Barrow, some good some not so.

more good than bad from barrow. The likes of kaighan,holt,peds,low,carter all came and done great jobs for us

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

dave bowden and the present board did/do a great job under very difficult circumstances , they give up a lot of their free  time for the club and should be commended . if they left who do you think would want to take over ....if wigan have pulled the plug after agreeing to continue with it pre-season thats very disapponiting and very unprofessional for a top super league club .my preferred option would have been season long loans or month to month loans , ...time we got moving on that front  .... what puzzles me and no doubt a lot of other fans is that phil had a wonderful career at saints , he has coached in the super league , he must have made many contacts over the years , but we can t seem to entice anybody up here . 

It's due to duel reg we are in this mess .. But it shows how poor this "link up" was when its came as a surprise it's been cut by our head coach .. I haven't seen the article but in all honesty if he was to walk out I wouldn't be sorry ..

We're claiming no money but have a player on full time wages who hasn't played for a year ... Yeah bad luck for the lad but it's also bad luck on the species going through this week after week !

I read the news and star and phils having a pop at Sammut :( ... Jeez

Question in that - has he EVER blamed himself?

All might not be lost folks! A storm-battered rubber dhingy has just limped into Harrington Marina. The exhausted occupant was apparently clutching his last can of Foster's in one hand and a tattered copy of a Workington Town player's contract in the other . He is trying to communicate through salt-parched lips and the medics think his name could be-------Faaaaarrkaaass,or something similar. They are trying desperately to get him patched up for an important debut against local rivals "The Preserve Consumers" on Good Friday--- Town fans are hoping for a miracle. 

Bowden got out while the going was good. He'll have seen this coming. Went out when his stock was highest. Very shrewd

Nothing to do with family health matters then ? No just being shrewd :rtfm:

Archived