Ladbrokes' RL Cup Rnd 6 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Toulouse Olympique May 8 2pm

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Toulouse Olympique
    • Draw

This game has all the makings of a non event that is unlikely to pull in a decent crowd. I'll be there with the regulars expecting a comfortable win.

A Wakefield win by about 20.

I genuinely can't understand this. Surely playing a team from another country that you haven't already seen a hundred times before should be more of a draw?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely can't understand this. Surely playing a team from another country that you haven't already seen a hundred times before should be more of a draw?

I'm just thinking in relation to pulling in neutrals/floaters on what is probably going to be a nice sunny Sunday afternoon.

For me, teams from afar are more of an interest to visit. Before the draw was made I posted hoping for away v Toulouse.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

That was Widnes, not Wakefield.

Wakefield played a couple of French teams in the late 90s in the Treize Tournoi, but I don't think they've played Toulouse before.

Do ignore me then.

It's not relevant in 2016.   Still believe Wakefield will put Toulouse away easily.  Quarter finals here Wakefield come.

In any case, I said I hoped, not that I thought it was likely - a hot day in Toulouse might help them but in Wakefield I very much doubt it.

As this player (ex wakey?) explain in this interview (eng), Toulouse has nothing to-lose  ahah

http://www.to13.com/2016/05/06/wakefield-vs-to-xiii-samy-masselots-interview/

well... i cant wait for the match and hope for the best. I cannot see Toulouse winning by more than 1 point! 

I really hope that we will not be "hammared" and that we will show great resistance... 

is there any livestream from a  wakefield fan that we allow us to see the match?

btw is it possible to follow the match somewhere else than twitter?

Have asked on the Wakey section of RLF if anybody knows of any radio commentary but there's none listed that I can find.

I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Can only find live ish updates.

Johnstone in,

4-0 Wakey.

Bloody hell, Wakey aren't hanging around, I fear for Toulouse.

after all it is probably better that i dont see this live... 

A good philosophy, I reckon.

Good stuff, hope they can keep it close.

Phew, 28:22 now!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived