Ladbrokes' RL Cup Rnd 6 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Toulouse Olympique May 8 2pm

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Toulouse Olympique
    • Draw

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being televised was bad enough, but for there to be not even radio commentary for this match is a real shame.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not being televised was bad enough, but for there to be not even radio commentary for this match is a real shame.

I am listening on Radio Leeds via the BBC website...

Johnstone 4th try... 40-22... FT

Sounded like a terrific Toulouse effort.

I am listening on Radio Leeds via the BBC website...

Johnstone 4th try... 40-22... FT

Sounded like a terrific Toulouse effort.

Radio Leeds? I missed that. As did the usually reliable http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/ website.

Looking at the score, TO did a good job.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well played Toulouse.  

They threw the ball about throughout the game and at 28-22 it looked like it might pay off.  

Wakefield were a diabolical bore throughout.  Thank God the Ball accidently found Johnstone 4 times.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Marvelous result for a League 1 team. Two divisions different, against a side in the lower middle of the Super League table, yet Toulouse keeps the score close right up until the end.

It sounds to me, given the combination of Toulouse's win over Leigh, and this result, that Toulouse is already of Championship standard. Toulouse deserves promotion to the Championship at the end of this season. Then, with an increased salary cap, they have a chance for promotion to Super League the following year.

Toulouse are not a Championship One team in any way apart from the league they're playing in, Great effort from them today.

I never got a feeling that Trinity were in doubt of winning the game even at 28-22, Wakefield always looked like they were just a completed set away from posting points.

Wakefield always looked like they were just a completed set away from posting points.

During the game that was a "just" similar to we're just 20 games away from winning the grand final!

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

During the game that was a "just" similar to we're just 20 games away from winning the grand final!

what do you mean? have you seen the match?

(i think the replay will be available soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXQkZvcAOM&feature=youtu.be

The highlights. If Toulouse could keep hold of the ball (in open play and in the act of scoring) then they might have won that. Minga the Winger looks like a great runner although he seems to have bombed quite a few scoring chances in the past few weeks.

ty, but i will wait the full video to watch it. i dont want to be spoiled ahaha

what do you mean? have you seen the match?

(i think the replay will be available soon)

I was at the game.  

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Toulouse look like they have a quality team.  That Kuni Minga looks like a classy winger. Toulouse matched it with a lower mid table Super League team.

Toulouse should have beaten Rochdale. Their defence went to sleep a couple of times. Poor concentration. (Sadly, Rochdale's home supporter base is embarrassingly small)..

On those displays, plus their defeat of Leigh, Toulouse definitely deserves to be in the Championship next year, and perhaps Super League a year or two after that.

There was a blatant knock-on by Wakefield in the try that pushed them out to 34-22.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

There was a blatant knock-on by Wakefield in the try that pushed them out to 34-22.

Yes, I noticed that too.

I also noticed a blatant forward pass in one of Wakefield's first half tries.

Put those two together and the match was closer than it turned out on the scoreboard.

I think, even with the raft of back up players in the squad, Wakefield always had the game in the bag. At 28-22 they had to wake up a bit.

Credit to Toulouse though, they threw caution to the wind and scored some cracking tries that were fully appreciated by the home support.

Their coach didn't cry his eyes out after the game either.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXQkZvcAOM&feature=youtu.be

The highlights. If Toulouse could keep hold of the ball (in open play and in the act of scoring) then they might have won that. Minga the Winger looks like a great runner although he seems to have bombed quite a few scoring chances in the past few weeks.

Thanks for that link!  That has all their games in full as well.  Are they wearing pink for a breast cancer charity?  I really like their normal kits.

Archived