22 May: SL-MW: Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Catalans Dragons KO 1pm (TV)

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw
    • Catalans Dragons

Goalkicking in SL is shocking isn't it.

Liam Finn seems to be doing OK week in week out.

What a finish to a game.  Amazing scenes as both packed ends erupted in response to Millers drop goal.  It did Hull as much good as it did Wakefield.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wakefield just 6pts off the top of the League with just 8 games left of the season!

In recent weeks Trinity have beaten 3 of the teams above them and ran the League Leaders Hull FC very close.

Sts are the 5th team ahead of Wakefield they are very inconsistent and have been awful on occasion.

there's no doubt that Wakefield's run will come to an end at some point but the squad have proved that when in form they are good enough to challenge anyone in the League.

Who knows what will happen from here on in to the end of the season, we might just scrape 8th but what a story if we went from Million Pound Game one year to Grand Finalists the next!

Well we can dream can't we!

What a totally bonkers end to this game.  For a neutral it was great viewing.  Best game of the round so far.

Sad to see Pat Richards looking well past it, in all respects really.  I was bemused by his recruitment really especially with Yaha looking so promising. 

Ironically I think he was recruited primarily for his goal kicking. Bosc wouldn't normally play because Carney/Myler is the first choice half back pairing and neither of them are regarded as top goal kickers as far as I know.

Ironically I think he was recruited primarily for his goal kicking. Bosc wouldn't normally play because Carney/Myler is the first choice half back pairing and neither of them are regarded as top goal kickers as far as I know.

The kicking order is as follows : Richards, Inu, Bosc, Carney, Escaré.

It was awful management not to let Bosc kick. Richards rate in this season so far is appaling. If I were the coach, he wouldn't be near the side. I was happy to sign him, he's a legend but legend have to go before they destroy their image. Richards this season can be summed up by : a winger that is slow, got exposed on high balls, that does not kick convertions too well. Only thing he's still having is a goal line drop out. 

No disrespect to the man because I loved him so much when he was at Wigan that I can't think this is his real level. 

On another hand, French forums are fuming at the centres pairing. It is true that Horo/Duport is not a very good pairing. So now they want a medical joker... The easiest solution would be to put Gigot back to centre or to promote a guy from the Elite or the academy. I can't believe they want a medical joker, we're so full of NRL talent everywhere and they act like it's not enough. 

The easiest solution would be to put Gigot back to centre or to promote a guy from the Elite or the academy. I can't believe they want a medical joker, we're so full of NRL talent everywhere and they act like it's not enough. 

I agree with your solution but it isn't going to happen. The last medical joker was Gigot so maybe there's someone in Elite 1 who can step up? Who is the best centre in the comp at the moment?

I find it strange that there is seemingly no interest in giving a young player a chance in the French Forum, especially when the u19s are doing so well. It seems completely at odds with the attitude among fans of the English clubs. Do you think this is a cultural thing or is enthusiasm for playing local youngsters a luxury only available to clubs who have won trophies recently maybe?

On the positive side, no matter what sort of mood Richards is in, at least when he gets home his cat's safe.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived