Brett Stewart to Catalans.

I assure everyone, I am a manly fan. This signing will end in tears Stewart has gone from greatest asset for eagles to liability. He body had given in somehow he still playing.

He got shot knees hamstring and diabetes is catching up with him.

The reason Brett is being considered is probably because his brother Glenn wants him over in Perpignan to play together.  Also Brett has apparently got some off field problems which may be affecting his form at Manly. The transfer to be with his brother at Catalans may resolve those problems and thereby restore his former good form. But who knows for sure if that would happen?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-star-brett-stewart-should-take-up-a-super-league-offer-says-ben-ikin/news-story/e9bd59636330a191b1ade3520ebc1333

In 2014, Stewart scored 10 tries in 22 games, had 11 linebreaks, 18 try assists, 58 tackle busts and was averaging 88 running metres per game.

While he scored 16 tries in 2015 across the same amount of games, his linebreaks dropped to just six, try assists to 10, tackle busts 32 and average metres 57.

In the 11 games he’s played so far this season, he’s scored just one try, made one linebreak, had two try assists, six tackle busts and averages just 46 metres per game.

I assure everyone, I am a manly fan. This signing will end in tears Stewart has gone from greatest asset for eagles to liability. He body had given in somehow he still playing.

Diabetes?

Apart from those issues, is he in good nick?

Catalans don't really need Stewart. They only need the current squad to be fit and playing, instead of having 6 injured, including the half back Myler and hooker Aiton on the sideline long term. 

The guys on the french forums are watching videos of him that are from 2007-2008 and raving up how good he is and how good he's going to be with us. Some tried to explain them but the comments got shrugged off. 

LOL

if true it will be a massive backward step for the dragons, escare or gigot are both than stewart at the moment and if they have more youngsters coming through like yaha and albert then the less antipodeans they sign the better for french rugby league

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

No its not type 1 he born with it. Has to take injections every day

It's sad to see his demise I rate him alongside cliff Lyons, bozo and that influential on manly. Tom trobjevic is a superstar and will take his spot.

sounds remarkably like type 1 diabetes to me type 2 usually occurs in older and obese people 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived