01 Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

3 outside backs down. No luck.

Fortunately Salford don't have a clue.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Yet another incorrect decision from Childs!

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Child thinks every lost ball is a steal.

Either way our season ends tonight. Win we're safe. Lose next to no players left.

The Messiah will sort it.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Wahey! Salford snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Radio Manchester suggest Cas were better in the first half and the first 15 minutes of the second, but then "lost the plot". I think injuries and substitutions may have played a part, but a win is a win!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Radio Manchester suggest Cas were better in the first half and the first 15 minutes of the second, but then "lost the plot". I think injuries and substitutions may have played a part, but a win is a win!

Lost the plot! With 14 players left? Ok

You tend to lose the plot when forced to put a 2nd rower at centre, a prop at the other and run out of players to freshen up. Sounds like radio Manchester are quality!

Don't let any team complain about injuries. We've been decimated this season.

Obviously, you meant "any other team".

Sorry your team is suffering, but other teams have suffered in other seasons. It is a bummer, but good luck for the rest of the season.

Lost the plot! With 14 players left? Ok

To be fair to Tony, he's not been able to watch the game, only listen to BBC Manchester Radio.
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Looks like I've touched a nerve.

I didn't mean to. I'm just the messenger.

I think the "lost the plot" quote was about the penalties you seemed to give away and the voluntary tackle mistake by Larne Patrick(?).

Looks like I've touched a nerve.

I didn't mean to. I'm just the messenger.

I think the "lost the plot" quote was about the penalties you seemed to give away and the voluntary tackle mistake by Larne Patrick(?).

Penalties tend to happen when fatigue kicks in.

To be fair, I think if Webster doesn't get injured we win comfortably.

Salford's attack was dire with a prop and second rower at centre should have been able to punish us out wide much more than you did.

We still nearly won but for Patrick been taking out of the ball (professional foul, preventing a try scoring opportunity? Could have easily been a sin bin).

Salford won't get much more luck than that!

The incorrect ball-steal decision from Child swung the game.  Changed from Cas in possession on Salford 25m to exactly the opposite.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Penalties tend to happen when fatigue kicks in.

To be fair, I think if Webster doesn't get injured we win comfortably.

Salford's attack was dire with a prop and second rower at centre should have been able to punish us out wide much more than you did.

We still nearly won but for Patrick been taking out of the ball (professional foul, preventing a try scoring opportunity? Could have easily been a sin bin).

Salford won't get much more luck than that!

Not seen the game yet, but I do remember a certain cup tie recently when Cas were awarded the match winning try when the ball got nowhere near the ground. 'They say' that decisions even up. I don't believe they do even up, but maybe this time they have.

Not seen the game yet, but I do remember a certain cup tie recently when Cas were awarded the match winning try when the ball got nowhere near the ground. 'They say' that decisions even up. I don't believe they do even up, but maybe this time they have.

I'd be less worried about the grounding than Cas been awarded 14 points for that "match winning try".

My post wasn't particularly a dig at Salford more a reflection on Cas's bad luck. The injuries to a winger after 5 minutes followed by the reshuffled centre followed by the other centre is dreadful luck and on another day we would have been out of the game by a mile. Yet only a proffesional foul on our prop come centre prevented us winning.

Add a couple of poor decisions including the ball steel which was wrongly penalised and the decision not to bin for the proffesional foul it just wasn't our night, nor has it been our season!

The incorrect ball-steal decision from Child swung the game.  Changed from Cas in possession on Salford 25m to exactly the opposite.

Just watched the game. Ball steal decision was incorrect, but the ball went straight to a Salford player, so instead of the penalty, it should have just been play on, Salford possession. So not quite the opposite of what happened.

Archived