Town in Trouble

Hate the rec

I always thought the best way would be to have questions put through the administrator to be screened and the answers sent from a board member also through Trouty,then there wouldn't be any aggro .

I get that they're giving up their time to run the club and applaud them for it, but if you put your hand up you need to think who your paying customers are and how not to alienate them. The silence this year has been deafening and paying £16 to watch what's been offered up has felt more like an obligation.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Town website it's Allison, Mounsey, MacFarland with Mark Fryer as vice-chairman and Boyd and Canfield as Associates.

Nero don't group everybody together as people slagging off the board, if some would just like us loyal fans to be better informed at what's going on at our club.

According to the Town website it's Allison, Mounsey, MacFarland with Mark Fryer as vice-chairman and Boyd and Canfield as Associates.

Nero don't group everybody together as people slagging off the board, if some would just like us loyal fans to be better informed at what's going on at our club.

Apologies if it read like that, I'm just annoyed at the way people are slagging off the people who are working hard to ensure our clubs survival through a very difficult period.

Apologies if it read like that, I'm just annoyed at the way people are slagging off the people who are working hard to ensure our clubs survival through a very difficult period.

Working hard doesn't make anyone immune from criticism where mistakes have been made though. Yes some of what they get is unjustified but some of it is. The lack of communication is the prime example, if they were more forthcoming then maybe there's people on here and elsewhere who could help and offer expertise in certain areas. But if people are unaware of what's needed then they won't offer their services.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I've dodged nothing! What info do you want?

Why exactly are we in this situation ?

Has there been a major sponsor pull out or renegaded on a deal ?

Is there a figure needed to get us back on track ?

Bar cutting playing wages are people not on the playing staff also taking cuts ?

And on another point Gary Mcfarland is not on the board anymore as fsr as im aware.

There are a sports clubs up and down the land with volunteers running them. I appreciate everything that they do for the club we love but in no way does that mean I'm not able to have an opinion on what I think we should be doing better and how we could communicate better than we do. £30+ every home game gives me that privilege surely?

Totally disagree with the just ask them and they will tell you idea.

I am familiar enough with the directors to have a talk and ask, but what about the many others who have no contact with them?

Info should not be on a who you know basis.

If the info is suitable for public knowledge, then everyone should hear it , not just the chosen-or nosey! - few.

Why cant there be a link person on here, someone who is known and respected on here and by the board.

Questions could be posted on here and the link person, could ask the questions and post the answers once in a while.

I've dodged nothing! What info do you want?

Why exactly are we in this situation ?

Has there been a major sponsor pull out or renegaded on a deal ?

Is there a figure needed to get us back on track ?

Bar cutting playing wages are people not on the playing staff also taking cuts ?

And on another point Gary Mcfarland is not on the board anymore as fsr as im aware.

Come on Nero if your so well informed let's have answers to Ginocks questions if there's no secrecy and all this info is freely available to us " bloody well ashamed" fans who didn't enquire in person.

There are a sports clubs up and down the land with volunteers running them. I appreciate everything that they do for the club we love but in no way does that mean I'm not able to have an opinion on what I think we should be doing better and how we could communicate better than we do. £30+ every home game gives me that privilege surely?

Of course it does, and the lack of communication from the BOD is something they have to put right and they are aware of that, if our club gets through these difficult times then if we are to move forward then it must be with honesty and integrity towards all those who hand there hard earned cash over week in and week out. I'm sure there will be a meeting in the near future between the BOD and the fans so that the full details of our problems can be explained then maybe there might be a few who are willing to help keep our great and historic club survive and thrive in the future.

I see some of the bitter and twisted ones down the road are trying to stir things about Town players wanting to jump ship.....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

I see some of the bitter and twisted ones down the road are trying to stir things about Town players wanting to jump ship.....

players will be wanting moves though mate. Why would they stay with a team who cant pay what they were promised.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

players will be wanting moves though mate. Why would they stay with a team who cant pay what they were promised.

At least one I know of would rather go back to amateur than sign for that lot down the road.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

At least one I know of would rather go back to amateur than sign for that lot down the road.

well i know of at least who will be joining them.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

well i know of at least who will be joining them.

He's out of contract.... If he wants to go, let him go....

Is there any chance we can stop with all this negativity! If a player wants to go to haven then they are gonna go, probably try & play the 2 clubs off against each other! I have no idea who you are on about but last week every player that played against dewsbury looked like they wanted to play for our club . Another win against haven and Oldham and who knows what could happen! Let's support our own team and our own lads and if at then end of the season they want to go to haven then so be it/. Look what happened to Elliott!! Their big Marque signing , sometimes it just doesn't come off! Let's still believe until it's physically impossible!

This forum has been fixated for months with lack of communication from the powers that be yet now we have an exchange between a few posters who seem to be conducting their own private discussion  about Town players looking to jump ship at some point. All on the eve of a potentially fateful derby with the great pretenders. For those of us who are on the outside of this debate - can we have some names or is this just another turn of the rumour mill. I've heard that Lord Lucan will be revealing the return of the scoreboard just in time for the Scottish game. Mark Fryer couldn't confirm whether his Lordship would be astride Shergar for the event but apparently Cocky Robertson has been lined up for a cameo performance of his infamous rendition of Jake the peg (with his extra leg). Older fans will probably recall the current councillor's naked interventions in past Town games . Cameron Bell even blamed our win over Carlisle on the antics of Dennis. Happy days! 

Whatevers going on up there,I hope the club can resolve it.As an Oldham fan I can empathize with a club that is struggling and I understand about a lack of communication and information from a fans point of view. All the best apart from against us.;-)

Archived