Brexit the positive thread

It wasn't so great for the natives of the lands where they landed.

Or the slaves they ended up dragging over there to do their dirty work for them.

ffs

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 1492 the crews were not sure where they were headed. They thought they would sail West and eventually they would get to the East Indies.

The key thing was they new that something had to change. The old system was moribund and there was little prospect that things would get better unless they did "something" different. They didn't listen to the Jeremiah's that told them it would all end in failure.

Sometimes the present isn't worth sticking with and a change is needed.

Now, that may be wrong but the people who didn't want change did not get There message across to enough people and whisper it quietly.... lost

Analogy explained pretty well I think............must think up one about people with the glasses that remain permanently half empty

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

In 1492 the crews were not sure where they were headed. They thought they would sail West and eventually they would get to the East Indies.

The key thing was they knew that something had to change. The old system was moribund and there was little prospect that things would get better unless they did "something" different. They didn't listen to the Jeremiah's that told them it would all end in failure.

Now, that may be wrong but the people who didn't want change did not get their message across to enough people and whisper it quietly.... lost

Hilariously bad.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

ffs

Well argued.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Well argued.

hey I'm just joining in with the remainers or team losers that just use terms like apparently or how exciting  or I don't really have a life ad infinitum.

ok, the last bit i made up................the bit about not having a life if it needs explaining.

hey I'm just joining in with the remainers or team losers that just use terms like apparently or how exciting  or I don't really have a life ad infinitum.

ok, the last bit i made up................the bit about not having a life if it needs explaining.

No, didn't understand any of that.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

This week's paper has announcements of two EU projects totalling £1.5m investing in renewal of Hastings and increasing sustainability of the fishing fleet.

Good to know that we are still getting our money back given that we are still a net contributor to the EU project.

The key thing was they knew that something had to change. The old system was moribund and there was little prospect that things would get better unless they did "something" different. They didn't listen to the Jeremiah's that told them it would all end in failure.

Now, that may be wrong but the people who didn't want change did not get their message across to enough people and whisper it quietly.... lost

Indeed. Except that comparison is still ######.  And I write that as a Remainer who has often defended leave posts.

Really, wtf has boats to do with anything?  You do know that we still trade with the rest of the world in the EU? The computer you typed that post on might well be from outside Europe.  Really!  Check

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

ffs

To be fair, it was such a poor analogy that I assume he was not in his right mind. 

Brexit is not the end of the world and leaving the EU is very important to some people, so for many it is worth it.  That seems a fair argument, rather than making up nonsense.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

The 'remainers' on here keep telling us how bad it is with the value of the pound having fallen.

Well, there is some good news, the falling pound has seen a big jump in tourism !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37009735

While this is good news it may not be down to the fall in the value of the pound, and looking at the article growth in visitor numbers fell compared to earlier in the year:

"Overall, there were 4.3% more flights booked to the UK in the 28 days following the vote than last year.

...According to the promotional body VisitBritain, in the first three months of the year trips by international visitors rose by 6% to 7.36 million compared with the same time in 2015."

We may also get a bit of a boost from changes of plans by people touring Europe preferring not to visit France whose tourist numbers are, unfortunately but understandability, down.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

We may also get a bit of a boost from changes of plans by people touring Europe preferring not to visit France whose tourist numbers are, unfortunately but understandability, down.

im bug gered if im letting those b'stards put me off visiting france.... im off again in a couple of weeks.

However, the tourist rate is now tragic!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I see the editor of the Financial Times has been awarded the Legion D'Honneur by France for his 'positive role in the European debate'.  Just think what he would have got if remain had won.

pretty good documentary on the referendum on bbc2 tonight. To be honest, to a degree it mirrored the feelings/emotions/reasons felt on here

Couple of excerpts from much longer articles about Brexit and tourism in Britain -

From The Evening Standard

London is enjoying a remarkable “Brexit boom” in tourism as visitors flock to the capital in record numbers.  Tourism Alliance chairman Bernard Donoghue said initial research by his organisation suggested there are 18 per cent more foreign visitors and 11 per cent more British tourists this July compared with the same month last year.  Online accommodation service Airbnb said it saw a 24 per cent uplift in London visits in the month after the June 23 referendum compared with the month before.  Europe’s biggest flight booking website Opodo said travel from the Continent to London was up by 42 per cent in the four weeks after the referendum, with the biggest increases seen in travellers from Denmark, Latvia, Estonia and Norway.

And the rest of the UK, from yesterdays Spectator

'We were warned during the referendum run-up that Brexit could be a disaster for tourism. Much of the Project Fear medicine focused on what it might mean for British tourists heading overseas; the answer could be largely summarised as "all doom and gloom".  In short, the message was clear: Brexit was bad news for the travel industry. But what we heard less about was how the referendum might affect the numbers actually heading to Britain. Now, over a month on from the June 23rd vote, we have the answer:  British tourism is booming.    For an industry which has sometimes struggled over recent years, these figures are worth celebrating. It’s also interesting to point out that this tourist boom is not isolated to any particular country. In reality, it’s much more global than that; those from EU countries are booking five per cent more holidays to the UK in the aftermath of the referendum than during the run-up, according to the figures. Whilst for tourists from outside Europe, the figures are up by an impressive 8.7 per cent. Not for the first time, Project Fear appears to have been predictably overhyped.'

Even UKIP don't think brexit will ever happen:

"I never thought I would agree with former Europe Minister gaolbird & fraudster Dennis McShane, 'we will never leave the EU'

No we won't. Sad"

Godfrey Bloom on Twitter @goddersbloom

:D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

When something "negative" happens Remainers will blame Brexit but no one can ever really prove the "negative" thing wouldn't have happened if we remained.

When something "positive" happens Leavers will credit Brexit but no one can ever really prove the "positive" thing wouldn't have happened if we remained.

Positive and negative things will happen. It's not Brexit, it's called Life.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Archived