Batley and Fev's success

Oxy one of my mates who played for FAX rang me at work one Friday afternoon.Did i want to play for FAX  A at Keighley because they were struggling to raise a full team £2.50 win or lose.I declined as Friday night's i went out on the p-ss and then to Wakey Mecca.You may have had me playing for you.

And it was only a couple of weeks ago. £2.50? Not bad. :tongue:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought the RFL scrutinised clubs books on a monthly basis

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Rugby is a funny old game, we used to say that about Bradford, then we used to say that about Huddersfield, then we used to say that about Leigh. Ive learnt in 35 years of watching Fax that nothing is set in stone and you should enjoy the good times because poorer times are just around the corner.

I accept your point the lows do make the highs taste sweeter and who knows wots round the corner we have to perform well in the middle 8,s otherwise what we have achieved in making the four is diluted my point is we can kick on with purpose now if its done wisely rugby league is just like any other sport in as much as money makes it spin we just need to invest it properly

Agree totally. Even when Wakefield looked like one of the worst teams in SL history(Get your Fax digs in....) no championship team could still manage to get promoted and in chasing that dream Bradford look close to going to the wall again. Saying that though god knows how they can not manage on the crowds they get and it just shows how much money really needs to be pumped in to clubs to even get close. I wonder how long Beaumont will keep dipping before calling it a day? Then with Toulouse in next year and Toronto the following year there is even more pressure on Leigh.

I think the RFL needs to start filtering some of their profit they make year on year down to teams in the lower leagues to try and bring the overall standard of the competition up.

I think Leigh need to go up this season or next or they will fall back into the pack with the rest of us.........Their problem is that there isn't really a weaker club than them up there at the moment.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

So if we dont win another game this year we get 450k central funding next year?

And this goes up incrementally the higher we finish?

It seemed highly unlikely we'd be in the top 4 at one point this season. And now we've got 3 belters at home.

The season was heading for a wash out. Now its looking like exceeding all expectations. What a turn round.

Im 55. Im fairly sure i shouldnt be feeling this bloody giddy......

Chuffed.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

So if we dont win another game this year we get 450k central funding next year?

And this goes up incrementally the higher we finish?

It seemed highly unlikely we'd be in the top 4 at one point this season. And now we've got 3 belters at home.

The season was heading for a wash out. Now its looking like exceeding all expectations. What a turn round.

Im 55. Im fairly sure i shouldnt be feeling this bloody giddy......

Chuffed.

aye...it couldn't get any bigger unless someone told us we were gonna be at home...to the current SL champions...and live on Sky Sports as the opening fixture of the middle 8's... :O:)

Have heard the club reckons we can make 250k out of those 3 home games - hope we do

Fax only won twice last year finish 6th and got 750k

Think we should be aiming for a finishing posistion like that and getting a similar amount - that isnt a too unrealistic expectation

Anything else would be a bonus

I accept your point the lows do make the highs taste sweeter and who knows wots round the corner we have to perform well in the middle 8,s otherwise what we have achieved in making the four is diluted my point is we can kick on with purpose now if its done wisely rugby league is just like any other sport in as much as money makes it spin we just need to invest it properly

How do you invest properly though? Sheffield route and go full time? Fax route and invest in infrastructure? Short term and just sign some more players to be less reliant on dual reg? Looks like the first couple of ways did not work. BTW Thas more a general question rather than just aimed as a dig at Fev or anyone. Id love to know what the answer is though.

I think Leigh need to go up this season or next or they will fall back into the pack with the rest of us.........Their problem is that there isn't really a weaker club than them up there at the moment.

At some point DB is either going to get sick of pumping in money or is simply going to run out of money and then there will be cut backs. If they get in SL they will get by with the added funding. I do not ever see them as anything other than a bottom 4 SL club though even if they could get up which I still doubt for the very reason you state.

Have heard the club reckons we can make 250k out of those 3 home games - hope we do

Fax only won twice last year finish 6th and got 750k

Think we should be aiming for a finishing posistion like that and getting a similar amount - that isnt a too unrealistic expectation

Anything else would be a bonus

I can see it happening. I reckon you could beat both London and Batley but the big problem will come if you have to back up against one of those teams after a close game against a SL club or even a hiding. We lost at Sheffield last year as we couldnt raise our game after a big match and ultimately it cost us a place in the MPG.

Going to have to learn how to work multi quote sorry.

Just seen your fixtures and didnt see you had Leigh at home. Thats a massive 2 weeks as I fancy you could get something out of Leigh and then it will be much easier backing up to Batley after playing Leigh than it would be if you had played say Leeds.

How do you invest properly though? Sheffield route and go full time? Fax route and invest in infrastructure? Short term and just sign some more players to be less reliant on dual reg? Looks like the first couple of ways did not work. BTW Thas more a general question rather than just aimed as a dig at Fev or anyone. Id love to know what the answer is though.

Ideally a researve team for a start we were going to improve our squad regardless so maybe we can upgrade on player recrutement personally i dont want to see us bringing in overated alleged bignames who havent got the stomach when things get ropy 

That is the question. IMO all it means is each year 1 or maybe 2 part time teams are in with a shot of getting 4 games against the giants from SL. This will reduce from next year onwards with the inclusion this year of Toulouse and then the following year with Toronto making the Championship. The question really should be, how can the part time teams like Fev, Fax, Batley etc push on and actually mount a realistic challenge for promotion?

The new format is a nice novelty but the teams that were trapped under the old franchise system still seem nowhere nearer getting in to SL with even Leigh despite DB throwing money down the pan at them and still looking short of of enough quality to make SL.

Oxy clown can`t resist your nibble at Leigh can you.Enjoy yourself in the Championship Shield if you even attend games!

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Its all about managing your funds and expectations we as a club have always tried our history proves that we consistantly punch above our weight in terms of size catchment area etc when you compare us to fax bulls leigh  etc there should be no comparison, if those  teams got it right and had the support of there public   i can go back as far as when we lost paul newlove and replaced him with andy currior bad decision granted but still shows the ambition of the club at the time to succeed 

the difference now is we are growing steady with a crop of good lads at the heart of it  and if we can manage the funds wisely which i believe we will  then i can see us being a step in front of fax bulls sheffield etc i didnt say leigh cos they are going down the ###### or bust route by the looks and paying people sky high wages no matter not a route i want to see my club down 

but steady growth year upon year will do it cant be easy for bradford and fax fans in particular stomaching our success particuarly as we stopped you lot in your tracks i wont forget the gloating of fax fans at blackpool in a long time ....how sweet it is to be having the last laugh  im sure you will beat us now and again in the future but unfortunatly you will never be better

Am I the only one who can`t read your posts without  the need for further oxygen before my lungs burst...I tried and breathe ;)

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Oxy clown can`t resist your nibble at Leigh can you.Enjoy yourself in the Championship Shield if you even attend games!

I wouldn't take it to heart mate, he loves a good dig. More bothered about leigh, or fevs money situation than how Richard Marshall is going to cope on a 3rd of last seasons budget, after this year's massive fail. Even feels the need to bore the Batley fans with it.

Oxy is not a clown he is a proper RL supporter who cares about his club Fax.Of course he has his own opinions about other clubs and winds people up from time to time,but don't we all.He has brightened this forum up with some of his observations this season.

ye he's defiantly brightened it up alright, especially with his predictions for the season, you definitely wouldn't want to be taking betting tips off him.

Oxy is not a clown he is a proper RL supporter who cares about his club Fax.Of course he has his own opinions about other clubs and winds people up from time to time,but don't we all.He has brightened this forum up with some of his observations this season.

Aye he does.... and he's oft wrong and that provides us with some comedy value.

I can't understand the haste to get irritated with his posts. He's occasionally mildly provocative i know, but he obviously has some insight into the game and will evidence his verbage.

Nah.... different opinions make the world go round. He's put a bit of life back into the forum.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

ye he's defiantly brightened it up alright, especially with his predictions for the season, you definitely wouldn't want to be taking betting tips off him.

Wish he wa a bookie matey .

Money should be used to pay off any debts, invest in player development and get a reserve side back. Let's avoid buying silly players. We can make do with the team we've got. They are a passionate set of lads and the last 3 games proved it.

Have they even clicked properly yet? Don't underestimate Fev in the middle 8's. Could be some upsets.

He did say Batley could trouble top 4 at start of season tho

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived