Batley and Fev's success

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so much a nibble more just my opinion that Leigh still look short of enough quality to get promoted to SL.

If im really honest like fax... i think leigh were a better team last year....

But as richie pepper used to say... its not how you perform at the begining of the season.... its how you end the season...

Fev have been woeful at times but ended strongly this term

Leigh have to eventually realise their expectations. I dont know derek beaumont so im unsure what type of bloke he is. But this hobby of his is very expensive. If his goal is superleague and the mechanism of achieving it is proving preclusive, will he be happy flogging a dead horse? If he is fair dos.

But if leigh fail again next year delbert will be challenged by toulouse.... and toronto the year after...there will be more big fishes in the pool

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

As stated earlier in this discussion, I cannot honestly see a presently

established championship team gaining a SL spot by honest endeavour.

It will only happen if one, or maybe two SL teams implode, allowing

a reshuffling of the Championship pack.

The RL are fully aware of which clubs they prefer to retain and admit into their

hallowed quarters.

I think Kear will just pip JS for coach of the season, unless you reach the million pound game or better, but he has steadied the ship at Fev and done a great job imo  

Jon Sharpe has done a great job at Fev.  Kear is the greatest motivator in the game.  What he has done at Batley is miraculous.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Oxys points are generally quit balanced ....and i can understand why he reguarly uses this forum the fax one is a dark and lonely place im pretty sure if someone speaks on there no one hears m

Jon Sharpe has done a great job at Fev.  Kear is the greatest motivator in the game.  What he has done at Batley is miraculous.

Agree with all this, but Batley's recruitment (and retention of key players) has surely been just as big a part of their success as the coaching. A couple of years ago I think even Batley fans will tell you their offseason recruitment was very poor and even under Kear they went very close to being relegated in 2014, and weren't far off last year either. But this year they brought in Brambani, Walker and Davey from Sheffield, Ulugia who is a quality centre at this level, Scott from Doncaster, and a couple of others, and they retained Rowe, Brown and Hirst who are three of the hardest forwards to put down in the competition.

Now a lot of the reason they can attract decent players to the Mount is probably down to Kear and the team spirit he seems able to bring about, but their board deserves some credit too for assembling a quality team this season on what is by all accounts a shoestring budget in comparison with the other leading teams.

Agree with all this, but Batley's recruitment (and retention of key players) has surely been just as big a part of their success as the coaching. A couple of years ago I think even Batley fans will tell you their offseason recruitment was very poor and even under Kear they went very close to being relegated in 2014, and weren't far off last year either. But this year they brought in Brambani, Walker and Davey from Sheffield, Ulugia who is a quality centre at this level, Scott from Doncaster, and a couple of others, and they retained Rowe, Brown and Hirst who are three of the hardest forwards to put down in the competition.

Now a lot of the reason they can attract decent players to the Mount is probably down to Kear and the team spirit he seems able to bring about, but their board deserves some credit too for assembling a quality team this season on what is by all accounts a shoestring budget in comparison with the other leading teams.

sorry hirst hard to put down?????

good god man you dont even have to tackle the man he just drops to the floor, all wind and pissssssss

Put it this was.... im a 55 yr old fat hypertensive chron's sufferer with a left ankle held together with dog snot and crisps.....

I wouldn't be over worried if he ran at me.... unless he suddenly had a massive change of form/bottle i haven't witnessed since he left Fev...

I believe my mate Rich rates him highly....

Put it this was.... im a 55 yr old fat hypertensive chron's sufferer with a left ankle held together with dog snot and crisps.....

I wouldn't be over worried if he ran at me.... unless he suddenly had a massive change of form/bottle i haven't witnessed since he left Fev...

I believe my mate Rich rates him highly....

Maybe, but he has been outstanding for us this season! Particularly so, well l think anyway, since he hit the public consciousness!! I guess Robin, going on your description of yourself, he wouldn't worry too much running at you!

I guess a lot of it is down to what you want from your props. He certainly draws in tacklers and with a quick play the ball we have had the players to exploit the space he has created. Mind, I would only put him as our third best prop this season, behind James Brown and especially behind Alex Rowe!

Maybe, but he has been outstanding for us this season! Particularly so, well l think anyway, since he hit the public consciousness!! I guess Robin, going on your description of yourself, he wouldn't worry too much running at you!

one would hope not!!!!

I think thi lad would have him crying!

Haha definately ,think id back daughter agen him way he ran it in at Fev Robin .

Nowt against the lad personally but anyone havin a pop is bound to get slated for various reasons......

he wasnt good enough when he played at our place and i wasnt unhappy to see him go having seen him this season my opinion has not changed i cant for the life of me see him ripping trees up in super league  ...i could be wrong i think since he came out he is now some sort of celebrity dont quite understand how being gay makes you that ..however  good luck to the lad he has a super league contract whatever

Nowt against the lad personally but anyone havin a pop is bound to get slated for various reasons......

he wasnt good enough when he played at our place and i wasnt unhappy to see him go having seen him this season my opinion has not changed i cant for the life of me see him ripping trees up in super league  ...i could be wrong i think since he came out he is now some sort of celebrity dont quite understand how being gay makes you that ..however  good luck to the lad he has a super league contract whatever 

Was garbage at rams and fev but very sound forward at the mount. Takes 4 into collision and makes yards whilst in collison. Plays on front foot and generally gets quick ptb

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

He's been twice the player since he came out. When he was at Fev he played as if all the world was on his shoulders, and now we know why!

Confidence is a major factor in the game and he's benefitted from being made captain - look how Briggs is playing for us now he's got the no.6 shirt back all to himself.

Archived