03 Sept: Qualifiers: Hull KR v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm (TV)

Deserved victory for Leigh, in my view. Strong, robust, experienced players against what seemed to be an out of sorts Hull KR. Had I not known better, I'd have said that Leigh were the SL team and Hull KR the Championship side. Maybe I have seen the future.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just joined this thread after watching the game, I had a lot of respect for both you and OF before your juvenile diatribe trying to disrupt what others are commenting on the game in this game, if you have nothing positive to say keep stum, Just wonder how you would have taken it last week if someone had come to the thread with your attitude.

Firstly our posts about the plane and banner were very relevant, if you can, when you get home, have a look at the Sky coverage. Not only did it show the plane on at least two occasions, it also showed the Leigh supporters looking up at it and clapping and cheering, clearly knowing it would wind the Rovers fans up.

Secondly, read page 4 of the thread where I continually comment on the game and post score updates including "Leigh are on fire".

Thirdly, have a look back at the Cup Final thread if you feel up to it, "rugbymac" comments on how poor a state the game's in if Hull can win the cup, "BBR" complains about how poor the crowd is which results in a boatload of posts discussing everything about the crowd and nothing about what happened on the pitch and this was right on full time.

If you feel I deliberately tried to derail this thread then you're wrong but I apologise if my posts made you feel that way.

Hope you enjoyed the game and that you were pleased with your teams efforts.

Trust me, I was.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Gary,really,I smell what you are treading in,but given our win  enjoy it mate,as for wellsy and o.f,I personally think they would give hawkesby and Jacobs a run for their money on talksport,I think they are 2 of the real characters that make these threads worth reading and tend to put a smile on my face

Awww shucks Wellsy, how nice of you to use your other log in details to give us both credit.

:good:

Ok, Euphoria got the best of me and I was wallowing in the performance, read all the comments yesterday with reference to traversing Clive Sullivan Way, nothing to do with the game to be commented on, again looked at the thread and it seemed disrespectful, but OK I have come back down to earth, as I expect you will in a couple of weeks, no hard feelings.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

leigh were very good value for their victory and i thought the banner was brilliant

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Ok, Euphoria got the best of me and I was wallowing in the performance, read all the comments yesterday with reference to traversing Clive Sullivan Way, nothing to do with the game to be commented on, again looked at the thread and it seemed disrespectful, but OK I have come back down to earth, as I expect you will in a couple of weeks, no hard feelings.

Ouch!  :biggrin:

Irrespective of how the next few weeks pan out, it'll be a long, long time before most Hull fans come back down to Earth mate.

And I know that sometimes the Hull/Hull KR banter tends to take over match discussion threads but, unless you live and breathe Hull rugby league, you just can't understand the extent of the bitter rivalry that exists and how easy it's ignited when one of us Hull folk post summat to wind the other lot up. At least we keep it fairly civil on here, if you have a little look on RLFans the abuse that flies around is breathtaking.

Will try and be on my best behaviour in future.

Irrespective of how the next few weeks pan out, it'll be a long, long time before most Hull fans come back down to Earth mate.

And I know that sometimes the Hull/Hull KR banter tends to take over match discussion threads but, unless you live and breathe Hull rugby league, you just can't understand the extent of the bitter rivalry that exists and how easy it's ignited when one of us Hull folk post summat to wind the other lot up. At least we keep it fairly civil on here, if you have a little look on RLFans the abuse that flies around is breathtaking.

don't know mate,our rivalry with the pastry loving baboons would probably equal hull and krs rivalry,back on topic though,who was it that had the cheapshot on Paterson as he offloaded to drinkwater? only just saw the highlights

after todays shambolic game

i expect you are on the way to a perfect storm

Cup

Grand final

Rovers gone down.........

If we stay up it will be down to others being even worse

At the moment im guessing us n Salford in MPG.....and we wont be at home

don't know mate,our rivalry with the pastry loving baboons would probably equal hull and krs rivalry,back on topic though,who was it that had the cheapshot on Paterson as he offloaded to drinkwater? only just saw the highlights

Given that Ben Cockayne was full back and also given his record I would say he might be favourite but I honestly don't know and apologise if I've stained Saintly Ben's character.

after todays shambolic game

i expect you are on the way to a perfect storm

Cup

Grand final

Rovers gone down.........

If we stay up it will be down to others being even worse

At the moment im guessing us n Salford in MPG.....and we wont be at home

Oh stop feeling sorry for yourself, plenty of RL to be played before the end of the season and, believe it or not, I'm not sure how I'd feel if Rovers get relegated.

Ullman will probably ask me to have a psychiatric evaluation but, at the end of the day, the rivalry and crowds it creates are great for both Hull clubs.

And I still feel Hull will fall short when the pressure games leading up to the GF come along.

Lie down needed.

Simple now. Leigh beat Giants next week and it's job done. If that happens only one of HKR or Giants can finish on 10 as they still have to play each other.

Yep I think Leigh need to do it next week. It would be a kick in the nuts if they contrived themselves into a 3-way 10 point finish and slipped into the MPG on points difference.

Well that was FUN!

Said before the match that we would need our best performance of the season if we wanted to get a win. We certainly were nowhere near our best, especially in the 1st 20 minutes when we were absolutely awful.

I also said that we would need to be super disciplined (nope, not even close!) and not make too many errors (errrrm nope handling errors galore!) to stand a chance of winning.

Glad to be proved wrong.

One thing I didn't forsee was how dominant our forwards were for large chunks of the game. The likes of Hansen, Paterson and Dixon were causing huge problems for HKR all afternoon.

When I saw that Fuifui Moimoi was ruled out I thought that we wouldn't have enough size to handle the Rovers forwards but our pack came through with flying colours.

Very happy Leyther tonight. Voice is well and truly gone but it was worth the trip, the traffic and the rain to be there for that one.

Next week against Hudds in now a massive massive match. Win and we are up, should be a belter!!

Got home from Gloucester having watched a fine young All Golds side packed with South West talent secure a fine win and watched this match. There is no doubt Leigh is a fabulous side to watch - always entertaining. Looks as though promotion is in their hands. Let's hope so as it will be good for the sport.

Think you'll find that a comment to do with the plane was on topic for the event we're discussing, as are the rest of my posts on this topic. It's a bit of banter, lighten up.

I have been discussing the game also.

And I was very well prepared for the inevitable stick if we'd have lost at Wembley.p.. again. It's part of the package of being a supporter!

Banter? Funny how you react to my banter and your gang join in. Thought we were on here for serious debate....but then this is your forum.

leigh were very good value for their victory and i thought the banner was brilliant

Would somebody like to tell us what the banner said?

Putting pictures of a gormless, sorry toothless coach or of Pinocchio is hardly conducive to debate. If nothing else it illustrates a superior knowledge of I.t but loses an old man like me. I used a sat have for the first time today and enjoyed the company in the car...however I have made the journey from Wales to Hull hundreds of times, even without a map. Never lost...sorry never got lost.

Delighted for the Leigh fans who now have hope. Hicks and their winger...penalty Conner many times..were poor but they edged it in the end. Our lack of a leader on the pitch and Kelly handicapped us but Leigh fought for their win.

Shall be at London next week....if the Broncos get round to sending tickets to Rovers and our request for hospitality packages 6 weeks ago and on Thursday ever get an answer. London and Featherstone appear to be unable to perform which could make the final game at home to Huddersfield a real cracker. Otherwise we might make a final after all this season, another big day out.

Always look on the bright side, support your side with positivity more so when everyone else is enjoying the crack.

Given that Ben Cockayne was full back and also given his record I would say he might be favourite but I honestly don't know and apologise if I've stained Saintly Ben's character.

Given that Cockayne was flattened in the first 10 mins by Patterson and Patterson continued his record of headhunting I do hope Ben got to him later on.

However it's probably OFs obsession with Cockayne that got the better of him.

Two Directors resign, Albert disciplined, Leigh loss.......not a good week for the Rovers, but I think they're too good to go down.

Who has resigned?

Fact is that Campese is back in full training....observed.....and he is hoping to play in last 3 games. Just the steady leader we need....and he probably needs to get a game or 2 in to help decide what he does next season.

Archived