Peacock on Super League Show

Batley Bob

Yesterday JP possibly playing for his livelihood as rugby manager & also trying to redeem himself after those ill thought comments on SL show. In accord with Kevin's comments, the Robins will be welcomed at the Mount next season, with or without JP, as they showed us a great welcome and degree of respect at the KC Lightstream in the Middle 8's. Just a word of congratulations for Salford, who have survived the hard way by sheer guts and tenacity after the points deduction which totally deflated them mid season. Good to see 2 former Bulldogs helping their cause, Josh Griffin had a stormer & Greg Johnson scored the equalising try on the hooter.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our lass used to fancy the pants off the silver haired international legend. She now just believes hes an incredibly selfish and unprofessional twerp.

Rowe v peacock we await you

Her good taste hasn't improved then 9'O?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Interesting to watch the replay of the winning dropgoal.

I noticed peacock stood in front of gareth obrien and didn't make a move to block the dropgoal or pressure him at all.

He just stands there and watches him.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

At the end of the day livelihoods where going to be affected either way,unemployment isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Not when there are wife's,kids and families involved.

Kind sentiments MR, and lots of us know what a horrible feeling it is when jobs are going to be lost.  Still, if you are to have promotion and relegation then it could be argued that the present format favours the SL sides compared to the straight one up one down and hard as it is for players in that position to see the bigger picture I believe that they should keep their misgivings to themselves. You know that if you become a full time sportman that your career may be foreshortened for any number of reasons and it's a price that you have to be willing to pay for going full time I guess. 

Her good taste hasn't improved then 9'O?

She likes them unassuming, brutish and grey. Im 2/3

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

At the end of the day livelihoods where going to be affected either way,unemployment isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Not when there are wife's,kids and families involved.

they knew at begining of the competition what was at stake, they had a full season to put there lifes in order, i.e get there game in order to avoid the drop, also there was no arguments last year when wakey played bradford and what about the championship players who have to work a 40hr week then train 3 times a week before playing for there respected club, no one like peacock or cockayne thought about those players, & tbh those players that have complained are over the hill anyway, like cockayne and peacock, so imo of course, stop moaning like overated primadonna's and try grafting in a normal job then go training like proper championship players do.

The forums are full of moans and groans. Ive no time for it. Those poor lambs knew the possibility of relegation. In sport theres generally a winner and looser at every stage. What were they hoping for a rfl reprieve.

Super league has been a closed shop for the elite for too long. Leigh did enough kr didnt

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Our lass used to fancy the pants off the silver haired international legend. She now just believes hes an incredibly selfish and unprofessional twerp.

Rowe v peacock we await you

So she's a taste for silver haired twerps

;) that explains a lot ;)

Pity Peacock isn't a little brighter. Maybe if he was, he would realise that if the money was more evenly distributed throughout the game, relegation would not have the huge effects on livelihoods as it does currently.

I absolutely love the fact the clubs and players are blaming the RFL for this situation. Surely the RFL would have to get the vote of the clubs to bring this in, so how can the RFL be blamed for it? As we all know, the 12 SL clubs get 2 votes to the ch and ch1's clubs 1 vote, so they could out vote the rest of the professional game, therefore this horrible situation has been caused by the SL clubs themselves and there own greed, so whilst I feel for anyone losing their job, I've limited sympathy for the club getting relegated. Fact is, the SL clubs thought they'd keep the ch clubs quiet by giving them next to no chance of ever breaking in to the top flight. Now Leigh have defied all odds and done it, they don't like it, this wasn't supposed to happen. Good on them it's a remarkable achievement.

Maybe this might make the penny drop, that piling most of the money in to the top tier is very short sighted and will not help the game to flourish long term, and maybe if the SL clubs weren't so greedy perhaps this situation could be avoided in the future. I bet they don't look at redistributing more money to the CH to put it right though.

We have had promotion and relegation in the championship for years, costing people there livelihoods, so where was Jamie Peacock fighting for the likes of Keighley and NWC in years gone by, or for Workington or Whitehaven this season... It could be argued the effects of promotion and relegation has an even bigger effect the lower down the league's you go. Where will Vievers be next season, I can't see many SL clubs beating his door down unlike most of the people affected at HKR.

But will the goalposts get moved again and the system changed??

The balance has been altered and dynamics changed

Were looking at losing a super league club or ex super league club every year now

Just wait for Canada and toulouse come into the mix

Any bets on super league will be expanded to accommodate the new boys eh

Leigh have shattered the concept of the middle 8's

Something that was put into place to keep super league clubs where they think they belong,and keep out championship club by appearing to be fair as possible

Kicking a few fatties off the top table might be a reality check for the one eyed,one horned flying purple championship club haters from super league,who think championship clubs are only fit to dine in the gutter...and certainly not at their top table

Be happy for leigh

Be happy for salford

And be happy for hull kr

They travel well,eat well, drink well

Well isn't it all about the money ;)

[quote name="DOGFATHER" post=" Now Leigh have defied all odds and done it, they don't like it, this wasn't supposed to happen. Good on them it's a remarkable achievement.

Maybe this might make the penny drop, that piling most of the money in to the top tier is very short sighted and will not help the game to flourish long term, and maybe if the SL clubs weren't so greedy perhaps this situation could be avoided in the future. I bet they don't look at redistributing more money to the CH to put it right though..

On the subject of the Middle 8's promotion/relegation the RFL have got it absolutely right. They have added a jeopardy and sporting dimension, at the same time bringing back some credibility into our game, that was becoming an exclusive SL 'old boy's club.' It is because of this 'exclusive' mentality that many of the SL Clubs became complacent, relying on funding they thought they would never lose, with structures ( and personnel ) within their Clubs that were top heavy and unused to strict budgeting , not allowing for the possibility of relegation.

Our Club has long been a model blueprint for financial responsibility and management, and Leigh have built over 3 years an infrastructure from bottom up that has responsibly utilised Derek Beaumont's funding to produce an on field and off field system that has bought them into SL, and probably will sustain them in there. Should relegation occur for them next season, I am sure their budgeting and forecasting will facilitate this without too much turmoil within the Club. It is therefore the responsibility of all SL teams to budget more responsibly with the possibility of relegation at the end of the season, and build their Club infrastructures into stronger units, so relegation and the Million Pound Game would not mean total Armageddon for them. Even the mighty Rhinos were at one stage facing life in the Championship, and this warning shot should be heeded.

Were looking at losing a super league club or ex super league club every year now

Something that was put into place to keep super league clubs where they think they belong,and keep out championship club by appearing to be fair as possible

Kicking a few fatties off the top table might be a reality check for the one eyed,one horned flying purple championship club haters from super league,who think championship clubs are only fit to dine in the gutter...and certainly not at their top table

Be happy for leigh

Be happy for salford

And be happy for hull kr

The present system was put into place for three seasons so is due to be reviewed after the 2017 outcomes are know. If I were a betting man I would put money on the review taking place well before the end of that season, but any changes introduced wouldn't apply until 2018.

As to the outcome of the review, who knows? This is RL after all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Be happy for leigh

Be happy for salford

And be happy for hull kr

I cant help thinking you could be right, and it may be a bit cynical, but I got the impression Toulouse and Toronto were brought in to get perennial struggler's Wakefield and trouble causing Koucash's Salford out from the top table. That way the money is still given to the elite few and not shared out, and Sky will be able to sell more dishes in France and Canada, everyone's a winner.

Leigh are a bit of a fly in the ointment though as Sky will lose a big derby fixture from the TV schedule, however Hudgell has been pretty outspoken about the RFL and disciplinary procedures over the years. Maybe this is the price you pay for raising questions against the game and not towing the party line. It's not the first time it has happened. I remember seeing an interview with Maurice Lindsey about the inception of SL, he mentioned the only 1st division club against SL at the time were the then WCC winners Widnes. They didn't like it as it was unfair and thought the game as a whole should benefit from increased funding, not just the division 1 sides. Look what happened to them over the next 10 years...

I cant help thinking you could be right, and it may be a bit cynical, but I got the impression Toulouse and Toronto were brought in to get perennial struggler's Wakefield and trouble causing Koucash's Salford out from the top table. That way the money is still given to the elite few and not shared out, and Sky will be able to sell more dishes in France and Canada, everyone's a winner.

Leigh are a bit of a fly in the ointment though as Sky will lose a big derby fixture from the TV schedule, however Hudgell has been pretty outspoken about the RFL and disciplinary procedures over the years. Maybe this is the price you pay for raising questions against the game and not towing the party line. It's not the first time it has happened. I remember seeing an interview with Maurice Lindsey about the inception of SL, he mentioned the only 1st division club against SL at the time were the then WCC winners Widnes. They didn't like it as it was unfair and thought the game as a whole should benefit from increased funding, not just the division 1 sides. Look what happened to them over the next 10 years...

Well wide of the mark: Toronto and Toulouse weren't "brought in", it wasn't an RFL initiative but a pitch made separately by each organisation to join the RL. As I understand it their applications were studied in significant detail and rigorous requirements were made of each before these were considered. Subsequently their applications were overwhelmingly supported by the representatives of all of the Championship and Championship 1 before they were accepted.

Paranoia and conspiracy theories have a rich history in our sport but facts also have a part to play.

Looks like Peacock is not the only one talking throgh his backside. His opinion seems to have at least one supporter in Superleague. Maybe they all think that way?

"Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan says Super League has been ‘dumbed down’ by increased funding to the Championship. He believes extra money funneled into the Championship in the last two years, to try and close the gap between the divisions, would have been better spent in Super League."

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/exclusive-lenagan-talks-super-8s-super-league-and-shaun-wane-part-2-1-8164691

Looks like Peacock is not the only one talking throgh his backside. His opinion seems to have at least one supporter in Superleague. Maybe they all think that way?

"Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan says Super League has been ‘dumbed down’ by increased funding to the Championship. He believes extra money funneled into the Championship in the last two years, to try and close the gap between the divisions, would have been better spent in Super League."

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/exclusive-lenagan-talks-super-8s-super-league-and-shaun-wane-part-2-1-8164691

But the money is from the 2 relegated clubs share ( London n bulls ) when the league was reduced from 14 to 12 , so the sl clubs have not lost any money 

IMG_0583.JPG

As I understand it their applications were studied in significant detail and rigorous requirements were made of each before these were considered...

...facts also have a part to play

Hehe, ;) Do you mean the same rigorous requirements that were set out for Wakefield regarding their ground? Looked at in the same significant detail as it was for Celtic Crusaders and then NWC to ensure that it wasn't another abject failure? Were they the same studies that were applied to the salary cap, to ensure teams like Barrow, Wigan, Bradford, St Helens, Warrington or more recently Salford couldn't overspend? The same studies that were carried out to ensure Toulouse didn't jump ship back to France after a couple of seasons of mediocrity?

Crikey, with all of those rigorous requirements and looking at all of those significant details, it makes you wonder how the game is in such a mess doesn't it?

Archived