Peacock on Super League Show

Batley Bob

Yorkshires at home friday , think they will need it , or did you mean it will be a cricket score !!!!!!! surely not coolie , is PM bringing you to the game mate

I'm otherwise engaged Friday night

Bathroom needs a second coat

And I really must watch it dry ;)

I'll be there for salford mate ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hull KR get relegated they will have to make economies including some executive staff. I se this as a simple attempt at self-preservation by the Director of Football.

Or am I just a cynic?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Peacock, grand player as he was, is an awful illiterate ambassador for the game. Puts forward the archetypal cloth cap and whippet front and can barely string together a complete and understandable sentence. Shows how much he doesn't know about Rugby League outside Super Duper League, but hey ho, he could be about to find out in about 3 weeks' time.

Great respect for JP as a player, but it would appear he is simply parroting the views of the owners, Hudgell & Co. There does seem to be some desperation in the camp when the Director of Rugby dons his boots after huffing and puffing after a recent Charity game at Stanningley and clearly not in the best of condition following his 'retirement' from the game.

Great respect for JP as a player, but it would appear he is simply parroting the views of the owners, Hudgell & Co. There does seem to be some desperation in the camp when the Director of Rugby dons his boots after huffing and puffing after a recent Charity game at Stanningley and clearly not in the best of condition following his 'retirement' from the game.

You are almost certainly correct. These views are something he's over heard in conversation within his environment.He needs to think before putting his mouth into gear.

Just got round to watching the superleague show on iPlayer. I couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth regarding funding and Batley. He showed complete disrespect for the club.Lower league and grassroots clubs are the lifeblood of the game.As a player he has always had my complete respect but he has certainly come down in my estimations. I think self preservation has kicked in at Hull kr.I howled with laughter when I saw that Hull FC plane with its banner flying over the kr ground,absolute class.If they get relegated I hope Batley smash em.You are were you are because your good enough and your a shinning light for the semi pro game.

I have just listened to Jamie Peacock’s recording. He made three remarks about championship rugby.

About 9:10 into the recording when talking about the HKR match:

When you make mistakes like these you got to be able to defend it.  We are playing a championship side …

About 17:10 into the recording when he talked about Batley, he sniggered about Batley’s extremely limited budget.

On Batley’s third place prize money in the league, he questioned whether it was  money best well spent within our game … we need to increase our spend in the top division.

These remarks are completely insensitive for someone in an executive position. As Football Manager at HKR he should be promoting all rugby league – not just super league.

After all, very few super league academy players progress from academy to super league. Instead, many young ex-super league academy players go to Championship or League 1. What would happen if there was little or no money available for Championship/League 1 players? What would happen if through lack of money all Championship and League 1 sides went into liquidation? How would home grown talent progress to super league? Would fans prefer to watch matches stuffed full of Aussies?

Also, some older super league players go to Championship to play.

Thank goodness that rugby league is not run on the Jamie Peacock ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Hull kr relegated.

My heart bleeds mr Peacock.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

What a game and contribution from the two ex Batley lads

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I feel sorry for the Hull KR fans.

Dreadful way to get relegated.

Not Peacock though.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Jamie in Daily Mirror apparently against relegation in RL.

Nevermind.

What a great game . Hullkr & Salford both gave their all and pity had to be a loser. But that is sport. The Robins will be most welcome at our place and hope for a great game. Already got our first match sponsor for the game! So book early to avoid disappointment.

So there should be no relegation from Super League? It's not a closed shop Peacock. Until you can string a sentence togevver wivvout finking just about vose vat fink it only belongs to vem, (illiterate waz) then just fade away.

Well before the game , without knowing about what Peacock said , I wanted Hull KR to win , as not much time for Koulcash . 

Now what a great result after hearing this , we all know now what Hull KR think of the minions in our sport. Well your one now.

And on another point , the last time KR played at Hunslet's ground their supporter's were fighting with our supporters outside our ground 

because they just wanted trouble , and they won the game. No other club we have played has been that bad regarding their supporters,I know it's not all of them,

OK that's a long time ago but 

never the less. Just hope the Salford fans were OK today. 

Our lass used to fancy the pants off the silver haired international legend. She now just believes hes an incredibly selfish and unprofessional twerp.

Rowe v peacock we await you

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived