News

bomberisgod

Plenty going on but nothing to report yet. Just finalising arrangements for friendly . Announcement next week after rfl clearance. In discussions with players and as soon as they're over the line we'll let you know. Race night this Saturday at 7 to raise funds for the club

Cheers Gary, Are the current signed players and coaching staff attending the Race night,? be good to see the players amongst the fans in an informal manner. Can't make it unfortunately due to a prior arrangements but hope it goes well.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that CARLA and the Cumbria League have voted to allow DR with the local pro clubs, but only for lads in their first season of pro rugby. Could be something for us to take advantage of hopefully.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Think the difference between Smallwood and Wear is experience, Smallwood hasn't a lot compared to Wear who had a short spell at Wigan u16s, then back to open age at Kells, in and out of the conference Carla teams, Wear like his farther a clever player and is a good organiser, 

If we are signing a half back from Kells I assume that means we won't be signing Dom Smallwood anymore?

dom is training with town but just as a trialist with the other local amateurs

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Noticed Barrow have their first friendly on Sunday!, makes me start to worry how far behind we are in preparation for the season which is quickly going to be on us.

Hi snoop. Interested to understand how you come to that conclusion?

Indeed , and I am concerned as well . But I do think this is different to previous years , when there were fewer excuses . We dont know how major a rebuilding job this new set up found itself faced with and what state they were starting from . Maybe bigger than we thought and basic reestablishing some kind of stability , even stabilising the club itself , was a big task . My horizons have narrowed a lot for next year just thinking about things and what you hear . Having a team , laying foundations again and hopefully playing to our max and as a unit with enthusiasm under a new coach , and making the play offs is an achievement . It could be a longterm view from here for us

Archived