News

bomberisgod

Although i too have always been keen to see DP used more, the gains from such enterprises can be quite substantial, but so can the losses, this is not the first time this has been tried, we had one before, and we also had a beer/music festival about 2006/7 if i recall the date, and neither made any money, in fact if a certain director had not under written the losses from the first music festival it would have been dire for the club.  So i hope all involved have done there homework..so although not wanting to pee on anyone's fire .......'be carefull out there'.regards Tadje

It will be a success if the bars open imo, when hearing stories about the failed rock festival of the early 90's I was told that the council didn't give the club license to sell drink so people were getting beer from off licenses and sitting outside the ground rather than in the ground with a can of the pop man.

Going back to Rugby though I noticed they put there prices up for the Scotland game, and whereas I don't mind paying 3.50 for a pint you expect it to be good standard and not warm as it was there waiting for a while

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a success if the bars open imo, when hearing stories about the failed rock festival of the early 90's I was told that the council didn't give the club license to sell drink so people were getting beer from off licenses and sitting outside the ground rather than in the ground with a can of the pop man.

Going back to Rugby though I noticed they put there prices up for the Scotland game, and whereas I don't mind paying 3.50 for a pint you expect it to be good standard and not warm as it was there waiting for a while

how is complaining about the price of a pint and its temperature.. "Going back to Rugby though ...."  ?

Ahh the Cumbria rock festivals ,those were the days!

It failed due to two things , our boys in blue objected to a drink license, in case it caused any trouble( or work for them more likely). Yeah theres always trouble at rock concerts boys :sclerosis: .

But just as importantly it clashed with Maryport Carnival in its glory days, and folks round here were keener to go on the lash than support a local event.... nowt changes does it....

Its hard for the fans to get behind the club when it seems like a life time for the club to assemble a squad, in my view I think the biggest problem was that once the season was finished all the other clubs quickly set about planning for the 2017 season and got the ball rolling quickly.

But hopefully we will have everything in place for January and the re building can begin.

Who signs or doesn't sign i think its a case of getting behind the club for next season. I just hope all the fan base and die hards do.

I am sure the 'die hard's'  will as indeed they always have, Problem is that we don't have many 'dIe hard's'  left.

But even US die hards NEED  some news and the resultant optimism, after all that is what helps keep us all engaged.

And yes I appreciate the need for rebuilding ( and can see the sensibility of our strategy to build a from a local sustainable base, but would say that I have been amazed at the position we seemed to have found ourselves in!

Who signs or doesn't sign i think its a case of getting behind the club for next season. I just hope all the fan base and die hards do.

The problem is that the "die hards" number is probably only about 400 people now. If that is to be increased then the club needs to be proactive in generating interest.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Its hard for the fans to get behind the club when it seems like a life time for the club to assemble a squad, in my view I think the biggest problem was that once the season was finished all the other clubs quickly set about planning for the 2017 season and got the ball rolling quickly.

But hopefully we will have everything in place for January and the re building can begin.

Theres too much negativity on here,its better being in this position right now than having no club at all!! Quite a few of you keep forgetting we nearly didn't have a club to be negative about!! Rant over

The problem is that the "die hards" number is probably only about 400 people now. If that is to be increased then the club needs to be proactive in generating interest.

Took the words out of my mouth . The tiny group here will be there , and I think we empathise with the current situation . But we must generate wider interest , positivity and enthusiasm among a disillusioned community or we'll be a tiny core . We often struggle with this in the off season , but now more than ever we need it to be a two way street and not just ' come and support the lads ' . People aren't im afraid

We have 15 players so as I say , that's ultimately first and last in generating some interest . It seems a long way off a completed squad right now . We will be there whatever , but one thing I've noticed since coming back home from Newcastle is the lack of interest and good will in Town among lots of casual fans at present . I wish I had answers but it's just something that struck me . We seem to have a lot of catching up to do . Hopefully the positivity can be generated in the near future as the behind the scenes work comes to fruition . We'll see what comes out in the wash

I think the club has a lot of catching up to do on the communication front, and what GMcK brings to this forum is only part of it. I'm not local enough to see whats going on day-to-day in the local press and other media outlets, but they have to be considered in the same way as this forum. (I hope Gary has that covered as well).

This will take time and not be a quick fix - same as the squad. As well as re-building the squad, the club has to re-build its profile.

Hopefully, one area of positivity could be the young lads training with the squad. If they have good words to say about their experiences it may filter into a better relationship with local amateur clubs and a few of their family and friends may come and watch a game or 2.

Hi snoop. Have you picked up on the recent Jason mossop club captain news, the videos and pics on twitter of training and the save our services article from training? They're being posted on twitter and facebook too as well as printed press. When we're back on grass shortly and under lights there'll be filmed interviews with players and coaches pre matches. 

Hi snoop. Have you picked up on the recent Jason mossop club captain news, the videos and pics on twitter of training and the save our services article from training? They're being posted on twitter and facebook too as well as printed press. When we're back on grass shortly and under lights there'll be filmed interviews with players and coaches pre matches.

spot on

Christmas is approaching and I think all Town fans are hoping for more announcements with regards to players signing!!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived