News

bomberisgod

I dont think signings will be made just to make up numbers  , its been said that 4 new signings are at advanced stages and other trialists are pushing for a deal and trying to impress and nail down a contract but more time is needed to be sure they can cut it . theres also the hunt for long term loans in the pipeline . It would be good to see a signing or 2 before xmas but don forget players also need time to consider offers and the holiday break will be a good time to help them decide .

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

concern is understandable for sure but as an almost total restructure of the board , coaching set up and the squad I think things have gone reasonably ok up to press considering and another open and frank article again today on N&S web site tells us all exactly where town are to date.

The full draw:

Whitehaven v Workington

York v North Wales Crusaders

Hunslet v Newcastle

Keighley v Doncaster

Rochdale Mayfield v Barrow

Pool B

Oxford v Coventry

South Wales v London Skolars

Hemel Stags v Gloucester All Golds

It would be nice to get Barrow at home in the second round!

It'll be a walk over apparently as we wont be able to field a team. Atleast we know we will still be in buisness at the end of the season.

Well what do you expect from deludedfans.com!!! Their fans think they are going to do the league and cup double....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure you lads know what you're doing, it just worries me from past experience that when you leave it this late if a couple you've banked on decide to go elsewhere the pot of players to choose from isn't so big. I know we can't spend what we haven't got but if we've learned anything over the last few seasons it's that you're asking for trouble with a small squad.  

On Tue Dec 20 2016 at 9:01 PM, BIG MAC said:

Could be good for the club to look at the amateur lads before offering them contracts,   

Surely age doesn't matter if they are good enough sign them. There's loads of young players thats up to the standard around right now not just at seaton ever club has 1 or 2 but cause they don't play for one of the bigger clubs in the county they don't get noticed. 

Putting a young amateur player that shines in the local league in to this league would be asking for disaster, this league has so many  x super league players and seasoned professionals playing it would be asking for trouble, 

8 hours ago, GMcK said:

Hi. Lots going on behind the scenes. 2/3 amateur lads and 3/4 pros hopefully over the line shortly. The world of signings has had a good shuffle in the last week or two due to the Bradford situation. 

Thanks for the update marra, even a little bit helps ;)

Archived