News

bomberisgod

Hi snoop. Interested to understand how you come to that conclusion?

probably because of squad numbers and only the ike game announced so far. However i would say it's time to stick by the club who are working hard and lets see what happens between now and the season starting.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed Barrow have their first friendly on Sunday!, makes me start to worry how far behind we are in preparation for the season which is quickly going to be on us.

AFAIK the season proper doesn't start till 19th Feb, so playing before Xmas is way too early.

The Ike game is timed right for the start of the season

Hi. Another friendly will be announced end this week. Currently in talks about several players. In terms of the amateur signings we have to start somewhere and change the norm and rebuild for the future . If we are to build a sustainable, financially stable club we have to start somewhere. If other teams are having a friendly before Christmas it doesn't mean our preparation is way behind. It means we're doing things differently to them . We really hope supporters buy in to what the board is doing. 

I thought it was all explained last week ? 16 confirmed signings , 4 in advanced negotiation stages which should mean 20 soon and also pursuing long term loan players , still almost 2 months before the Ike game and a couple of friendlies with SL clubs in the pipeline , its a virtual total rebuild and better taking time finding players who are ticking the right boxes , 

I fully support the idea of rebuilding the club in a sustainable way , moving away from average injured overseas players and relying on other clubs to fill our team sheet up ( dual reg).

However this area will never support a fully local team , players from out of the area or quality overseas will need to be brought in initially , over time this reliance will diminish if we can continue to add onto our player strengths each season.

My concerns are if we can't recruit a team that isn't at least very competitive this season , the chance of being sustainable are even more remote. Fans, sponsors and potential players need to see progress and where the club is going, hence my initial concerns.

Although experienced players are without doubt needed. I wouldn't be too down heartened on bringing in the local amateurs. Phillips brothers, Patrick, coward etc etc all came from the amateur game and are now seasoned players. So the new amateurs need the same chance as the ones before were given. I'm quietly optimistic to watch the squad develop over the next couple of years.

i think this season is all about having a good look at this league to see what is needed for the future . none of us expect immediate success and i would rather do it this way then throw money at it to get back in one go .we might get a shock and do better than we expect , or we might do a lot worse than we think , either way it well tell the club one way or the other where we need to progress. 

Lewis will be 6-3 and has a good frame. Only just turned 18 but he's aggressive runs hard hits hard and can run good angles too

Town should bite Salfords hand off to have him for next season he will develop into an excellent player

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Shacks was a major blow for us . Him and Mcavoy were mainstays of our pack and could go 80 , and Walker was only going to get better and better . Very disappointing to lose players like this, not arguing the reasons ,and big holes to fill . Olstrum I could take or leave, but certainly puts a strain on us plugging these squad numbers

BARLA  players , Conference players and ex academy players won't be hitting above their weight in Championship 1 , they are easily to that level and skill standard , its all about bonding as a unit and playing alongside the Phillips Bros , Tee , Forber, Mossop , Szostak , Doran , Coward and Scholey , they have a very good backbone of talent and experience at this level and above . OK no one expects top 3 but I'm confident that once they click there will be more highs than lows from this developing squad .

I think seeing what's going on up the road is having some fans wondering what's happening with us. They are taking a different route.

Like some have said on here , them up the road are putting all their eggs in one promotion basket which could be very damaging if it backfires .

BARLA players , Conference players and ex academy players won't be hitting above their weight in Championship 1 , they are easily to that level and skill standard , its all about bonding as a unit and playing alongside the Phillips Bros , Tee , Forber, Mossop , Szostak , Doran , Coward and Scholey , they have a very good backbone of talent and experience at this level and above . OK no one expects top 3 but I'm confident that once they click there will be more highs than lows from this developing squad .

Yes I agree , bonding , in youth and experience , maximising potential , and development , over time are big buzz words for us moving on from here . We could do with that added extra on top , but what we want and what we can get is all that is significant I guess

I totally agree with that . In three years this league has moved forward an awful lot from what it was .The DR , the lack of academy set ups , the trickle down of players has made a big impact , certainly in the top 8 . And heartland clubs especially are desperate to strengthen and get out of it . Its very enlightening looking through squad lists . And chances are they are all rats in a barrel chasing one spot . But as I say , for us specifically , we just need to see what we can get with what we have , see what we have when they play and hope for the best this year . And doubly hope a rabbit or two can be pulled out the hat before we get going . We'll be there to see whatever happens

I think seeing what's going on up the road is having some fans wondering what's happening with us. They are taking a different route.

Yeah of course it is, I was talking the other night to a fellow Townie who is a bit underwhelmed up to press. His question to me was 'OK so say we blood these young kids and we get a couple of diamonds, at the same time Havens mega squad get promoted. What's stopping Haven luring our better players into the league above on better money and we have to start all over again?'

To be honest I just said that hopefully we have them tied into long contracts, and if we haven't then nothing. I hadn't thought that far ahead but I can certainly see his point.

I suppose the who got it right may take a couple of seasons to be proved one way or another. I agree wholeheartedly that this is the correct way to go both financially and morally, I'm just worried how anorexic the squad currently is where most clubs have almost or have completed them and are all training and preparing for the new season.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Think this championship 1 will be a lot more unforgiving than some think, amateur and inexperienced young players need experienced quality players around them to grow and prosper,let's hope we can get that balance right.

yes the balance has to be right so the product on the pitch will keep the fan base interested. There's plenty of time yet and it soumds like the club are working hard to add to the squad.

Good to see that the club is hosting a concert at DP next year,  always thought that it should be used more often, hopefully it will be well backed, well done all involved , the new board are certainly trying to generate interest and funds, keep it going guys.

UTT

Although i too have always been keen to see DP used more, the gains from such enterprises can be quite substantial, but so can the losses, this is not the first time this has been tried, we had one before, and we also had a beer/music festival about 2006/7 if i recall the date, and neither made any money, in fact if a certain director had not under written the losses from the first music festival it would have been dire for the club.  So i hope all involved have done there homework..so although not wanting to pee on anyone's fire .......'be carefull out there'.regards Tadje

Archived