UN Security Council resolution against Israel

The USA did not veto as usual so a security council resolution passed.  

Israel has already said the UN can stick it, and Trump is unhappy.

Quiet start to the year...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Netanyahu ordered Israel's ambassadors in New Zealand and Senegal to immediately return home for consultations.

He also instructed the Foreign Ministry to end all aid programs for Senegal and to cancel a planned visit to Israel by the Senegalese foreign minister.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-24/israel-ends-aid-programs-after-un-security-council-vote/8146840

From: https://unitedwithisrael.org/making-every-drop-count/

And the success? “We can already see that around those communities where we are working, people are copying this model independently,” reports Fluss, who estimates that the Israeli intervention has directly impacted about 700 Senegalese families.

The Senegalese government has turned the Israeli model into a national program. A new trilateral partnership established between the governments of Israel, Italy and Senegal will install some 500 hectares of Tipa to directly benefit 10,000 people in rural Senegal.

Wow!!! 10,000 people. China should be able to replace that aid within a week.

Obama's foreign policy leading to chaos in the middle east consummatum est.

Didn't realise that he had one. The UN security council is a load of codswallop and always has been. Where have they been hiding during all the middle east conflicts and where were they during the illegal invasion and occupation of northern Cyprus?. 

Israel has reacted calmly...

Withdrawn funding from the UN, recalled ambassadors, threatening to leave the UN, and briefing Trump directly that Obama did it.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The rogue state known as Israel is continuing to back itself into an ever decreasing corner and these latest stunts will do Israel no favours in the long run. How ironic that Israel is threatening to leave the UN an orangization which recognized it's statehood nearly 70 years ago.

The rogue state known as Israel is continuing to back itself into an ever decreasing corner and these latest stunts will do Israel no favours in the long run. How ironic that Israel is threatening to leave the UN an orangization which recognized it's statehood nearly 70 years ago.

Israel knows it has few friends and that it must forge its own place in the world, with or without America. I think this was silly of Obama to change policy 20 days before he leaves office.

I would guess it's a reaction to the Trump administrations selection for ambassador. Someone who is pro-settlements and anti two state solution.

The voting is very Political.

Ukraine voted for the resolution because it saw Parallels between the settlement building and Russian aggression (a thinly vieled attack on the annexation of Crimea).

Israel knows it has few friends and that it must forge its own place in the world, with or without America. I think this was silly of Obama to change policy 20 days before he leaves office.

He should have done it by taking a phone call to further his business interests instead?

The cynic in me - and it's US politics so cynicism is the default - has me absolutely believing that Obama absolutely wants to sabotage the Trump presidency/Republican majority by getting them tied in knots straight away in the middle east, and saw a very nice, safe way to do it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

If you're looking for answers then what about: it was revenge for Netanyahu's guest starring appearance in the US Congress, one of the most blatantly disrespectful events of the Obama presidency.

If you're looking for answers then what about: it was revenge for Netanyahu's guest starring appearance in the US Congress, one of the most blatantly disrespectful events of the Obama presidency.

I'm with you on this. It's no secret that Obama and netanyahu hate each other. I'll also go with this was obama's own personal decision rather than talking orders from the neocons. A last act of defiance with no repercussions as he's only got 20+ days left in office.

Not sure if its revenge, but its certainly aimed at trying to stop/limit/inhibit the probable increase and further expansion of the settlements.  

West Bank settlements will be old news soon. Test drilling has found oil in the Golan Heights and the Israeli Govt has awarded the drilling rights to a company controlled by (and I sh@t you not. This sounds like something from Infowars but it's real.) Baron Rothschild, Rupert Murdoch, Dick Cheney and former CIA Director James Woolsey.

West Bank settlements will be old news soon. Test drilling has found oil in the Golan Heights and the Israeli Govt has awarded the drilling rights to a company controlled by (and I sh@t you not. This sounds like something from Infowars but it's real.) Baron Rothschild, Rupert Murdoch, Dick Cheney and former CIA Director James Woolsey.

Genie energy. No wonder all of murdoch's media outlets support the removal of Assad.

Purely cosmetic. Recognised the state but then has done next to nothing

in the matter of support against terrorism throughout the world.

Just one big cosy club.

Purely cosmetic. Recognised the state but then has done next to nothingin the matter of support against terrorism throughout the world.Just one big cosy club.

Couldn't agree more. Case in point The terror inflicted on the Palestinians by the Israelis for over 70 years.

Define terrorism?

As the great tony benn said "there is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

Couldn't agree more. Case in point The terror inflicted on the Palestinians by the Israelis for over 70 years.

Whereas rockets fired into isreal by hamas is just jolly japes and high jinx

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Yeah carrying out unprovoked terrorist aggression against both Israel and Egypt was hardly a clever response by Hamas to Israel unilaterally ending the occupation of Gaza.

The USA veto's (until now) any resolution against Israel, just as Russia vetos any that would allow bombing against Assad.

We (UK) voted against Israel in this vote.

The set up of the UN means the big 5 can do what they want pretty much, and any allies.  

No it's terrorism. The question that never gets asked is why do Hamas fire rockets into Israel.

I am not saying that but it is no secret that British soldiers were killed by terrorists before the establishment of the state of Israel.

Zionist terrorist groups like the stern gang and Irgun would muder British soldiers and booby trap their bodies with explosives. They also blew up the King David hotel.

Archived