Cas ground?

Blue Pike

I got told that it costs over a million quid to just move the pylons that stand on the proposed site before any digging starts.I think the deal got put in limbo by camerons government because it costs a massive amount of money and they had a referendom to sort out first but havent heard anything since.I think they have agreed to sell their #### ground to a supermaket chain.What makes me laugh is when there is uncertainty surrounding this subject you get a cas official popping up in the p&c express in a photo of him with spade in hand removing a grass sod ???

This is from 2nd Nov 2016 

Castleford Tigers’ proposed move to Five Towns Stadium has been delayed – and the club must now wait until 2019 to move to their new home.

The Tigers were hopeful of moving into their all-new £15million home prior to the start of the 2018 season. But delays have made it almost certain that Castleford will not move to their new Glasshoughton base for a further 12 months.

The 13,300 capacity stadium is part of a £40million development situated just off junction 32 of the M62, with Castleford’s ground set to be at the centre of the build.

“We’ve done everything we can but I think it will be 2019, if I am being brutally honest,” said the Tigers CEO Steve Gill.

“Initially when we first started talking about three years ago, they were hopeful it would be 2018, which would give us next season as the last at Wheldon Road.

“However, because of planning and changes in applications, it all takes time. This archaeological report has delayed it as well.

“But, everything is running well, we have some great anchor tenants already signed up plus others, and what they’re doing is very professional and they keep us updated on a regular basis.”

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

This is from 2nd Nov 2016 

Castleford Tigers’ proposed move to Five Towns Stadium has been delayed – and the club must now wait until 2019 to move to their new home.

The Tigers were hopeful of moving into their all-new £15million home prior to the start of the 2018 season. But delays have made it almost certain that Castleford will not move to their new Glasshoughton base for a further 12 months.

The 13,300 capacity stadium is part of a £40million development situated just off junction 32 of the M62, with Castleford’s ground set to be at the centre of the build.

“We’ve done everything we can but I think it will be 2019, if I am being brutally honest,” said the Tigers CEO Steve Gill.

“Initially when we first started talking about three years ago, they were hopeful it would be 2018, which would give us next season as the last at Wheldon Road.

“However, because of planning and changes in applications, it all takes time. This archaeological report has delayed it as well.

“But, everything is running well, we have some great anchor tenants already signed up plus others, and what they’re doing is very professional and they keep us updated on a regular basis.”

£40million development? Reported everywhere else as £135million. 13,300 capacity? The planning application is for 10,000.

If the ground is called the five towns stadium would that mean fev and wakey have a share? i was going to help them build it by buying a brick that said up the rovers, seeing as its a community stadium in pont 

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Have our bricks that we paid £50 for been cemented in yet? Think somebody said they had but haven't seen mine yet.

My brick did not get put up at side of stand for some reason (they forgot about it because i payed in 2013) so got in touch with club and they said they will be putting some more bricks up around xmas just gone so yours may be up now 

10 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Have our bricks that we paid £50 for been cemented in yet? Think somebody said they had but haven't seen mine yet.

Colin they've been there a while now, well before end of last season 

Im Fev and im proud

There was another sale of bricks ending 16th December 2016 that were supposed to be up by the 22nd/23rd December. When they weren't in place by the Hunslet game I rang Veronica. She advised me that they hadn't turned up when they were supposed to and that she was going to chase them up. Sorry I can't be more specific but I will be following this up.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

3 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

Colin they've been there a while now, well before end of last season 

Maureen not all bricks were put up what was paid for in 2013, Colins brick might have been forgot like mine was 

38 minutes ago, paff said:

Maureen not all bricks were put up what was paid for in 2013, Colins brick might have been forgot like mine was 

I'm sure I've seen a photo on Facebook of the aforementioned brick 

Im Fev and im proud

15 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

As an ex director and a soldier who has been on active service my name was on the board that was in the passage way at the Freddie Miller entrance. Where is the board now?

Probably same place (no idea) of the photo of my Dad that my hubby paid for and got permission to hang up in the clubhouse for my birthday and as been taken down 

Im Fev and im proud

5 minutes ago, Jailhouse said:

Ive not paid for a brick but I have paid for a season ticket. does anyone know when these get delivered? ive tried emailing the club to ask but the shop email doesnt work.

I'd ring the club up if I was you and ask as I know some of my friends have got theirs 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived