Half back.

ram1999k

41 minutes ago, christheram said:

I don't really rate Briggs. Not sure he's the answer. 

49 minutes ago, coolie said:

Briggs no doubt

Featherstone ain't gonna give players away who they have heavily invested their brass

Halfback may come from a different direction if honest ;)

Beleive it or not they were talking about Thacks!!

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

From what I've heard, Briggs is keen on joining the free spending Bulls.

And that's the reason I'd never sign Briggs..

Chases the filthy lucra far too much 

Fev ain't gonna throw thackeray out..

14 minutes ago, coolie said:

And that's the reason I'd never sign Briggs..

Chases the filthy lucra far too much 

Fev ain't gonna throw thackeray out..

Heard Briggs has about seven kids, think he'd want a guaranteed win bonus ;) 

1 hour ago, ram1999k said:

Beleive it or not they were talking about Thacks!!

They clearly didn't watch their game against us then, or maybe they don't know what they are talking about. But they are RL fans, so how could that be?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I thought you don't need any more players after Fridays result!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

39 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I thought you don't need any more players after Fridays result!

Clearly you do though.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 16/04/2017 at 4:13 PM, Blind side johnny said:

Clearly you do though.

Judging by some of the comments on our forum,it's not new players we need................:ph34r:

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, Crown Flatter said:

From what I've heard, Briggs is keen on joining the free spending Bulls.

As long as Bradford keep chasing half backs rather than the forwards with a bit of grunt that they actually need, they will struggle to escape from the relegation slots..........

21 minutes ago, Townie said:

It wouldn't be the first Briggs to play under Neil Kelly for the Rams if this supposed half back came to the Rams.

We got that one from Featherstone... Or did he go to Featherstone 

One or the other,could be even both lol

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

We got that one from Featherstone... Or did he go to Featherstone 

One or the other,could be even both lol

Same one I think Coolie. I believe he went from us to Fev (he was on loan to us (?)), another chasing big money...or was that Ben Hellewell?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 16/04/2017 at 0:32 PM, ram1999k said:

I currently have a Featherstone fan telling me a certain scrum half of theirs is a waste and has done nothing for them... If he's not wanted there I'll happily take him back ;)

Are you sure this conversation didn't happen in 2015, when Fev had a certain ex-Batley scrum half as the incumbent?

Thacks has been very good for us this year, you won't find many Fev fans unhappy with his play.

4 hours ago, coolie said:

No we'd another Briggs wasn't Carl was it?? 

He was a halfback 

He too was at Featherstone 

No it was Barry, but he got on his bike and sped off.

So we all agree the missing link is a 'good' half back ......the money has been promised ..... but just who is potentially available that would improve our team???  Chisholm or Ridyard on loan?? or ......????  

.... also has anyone seen anything of Fairhurst ... is he still with us?? .... is he any good???  

We do need a good 7 but it's also clear we need to sort our defence out. Control the ruck better. Maybe our 2nd half performances are to do with our fitness and poor coaching from the previous coach. Don't forget it will take time to fix this mess what Morro brought to us. Also afew players probably ain't up to scratch for this league. Not all, just 1 or 2 players but this is a tough league, can't afford to carry anybody out on the field. Again our previous coach is at fault for this. Give Ned time, he will in time sort us out in long run. We just need to win them big games against the sides fighting to stay up like us... the oldhams, Swinton, rochdales and bulls.. if we are to stay up. I'm confident we can beat these teams. Won't be easy though, we have to be at our best and learn from our mistakes. If some players ain't good enough then at the end of the season Ned will not keep them.

1 hour ago, christheram said:

We just need to win them big games against the sides fighting to stay up like us... the oldhams, Swinton, rochdales and bulls.. if we are to stay up.

The Bulldogs will also join that list....unless they pull their fingers out.....

we will struggle to beat anyone above us in the league.....and probably below us too now.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

10 hours ago, Wilsden Ram said:

Ivan idea that only you, me and Coolie will understand this.

However it is not a Mauger problem, unlike our Half Back situation!

haha ... so patronising!!!  :sarcastic:  wasn't he a bit like our last coach .......  going round in circles... with a lot of mud blurring his vision, and probably went on too long!!!!    ..... 

So what about a good half back ... does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe Ned is in less of a hurry to recruit than he is to sort out the players that we presently have. Whilst some of the fans might be panicking we must hope that he isn't and will instead apply a cool mind to our problems. I also expect that he won't be spending all of his time blaming the previous regime but will concentrate upon applying his energies in planning for the future, short and long term.

In other words, calm down and be patient folks. :fie:

Archived