Batley Bulldogs v Hull kr Match thread

Batley Bob

12 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I'll say it again Excuse me I think it was, Hull KR where too good fast and professional, so there scored 68 it could have been worse had the lads not done a good tacking stint, not there fault they where up against a full time outfit.

If they loose the next three games of course I will be upset and probably fuming and demanding summats done, but until then bottle it like I will.

Dewsbury would have scored 68 against us today we were that bad.

time for folk to wake up and stop looking for excuses.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Why what happens Thursday then

fev n fax ont telly.  some propper rugby with both biff and confidence,

did you see police v teachers game on before ours, they all comitted to the tackles and you could hear them in the stand, we were better than past few games but still far too much flailing of arms and players just run past and into another upfield break. check dvd and highlights and 3 players were total pants.and one does more beefing and moaning game after game than a washerwoman when things dont go his way.

can we have a whip round for a real coach before were playing coventry.

We are still a shadow of what we were last season on today's performance, even allowing for the fact that we played a quality Hull KR outfit. What hurt me were the ironic chants 'Batley, Batley' from the Hull KR supporters after we scored our only try. That hurts.

I am sure the Board are aware that the teams around and below us have recruited more quality in depth in the close season, either via signings or DR loan deals, and there is some serious catch up to be done and tough decisions to be made, both with the Coach and playing personnel.

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

I thought that the team showed spirit Roger.  That aside it was hard to find many positives from a Batley point of view..

Hull KR played very good football and obviously make good use of their full time training. If I was a neutral it would have been a joy to watch them.

if thats showing spirit then i hold my hand up and say i know nothing about the game.

+3

i dont buy the excuse that Hull KR were a class above, they never got out of first gear and were in cruise control all game, as were London, Halifax, Featherstone, Hull KR at their place and Bradford when they all beat us, while we huffed and puffed, missed tackles galore and look pedestrian with ball in hand.

this team is virtually the same as last season, yet is unrecognisable with the lack of organisation, team spirit, leadership and most worryingly, ability!

You can gloss over it all you want and believe the club line that nothings wrong, but who are we kidding?

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Excuse me. but am I the only one to think that Batley's tackling was up to the mark, yes there was nothing anybody could do about the sheer speed in action and thought and flat(forward) passing that Hull KR are capable of.

I can see that the next match away at Oldham is our next Win, it's there just wants forcing out.

Anyway you will shoot me down, but I don't give a stuff. And yes I wasn't happy about the result, I'm not a clapper or boo er.

Roger, I know what you mean,  but Hull KR's  next highest score was 54 against Bradford at the start of the season. They only scored 24 against Rochdale last week.

So if we accept that the tackling was upto the mark, and I always respect your opinion, then something else must be wrong to concede so many. 

17 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

+3

i dont buy the excuse that Hull KR were a class above, they never got out of first gear and were in cruise control all game, as were London, Halifax, Featherstone, Hull KR at their place and Bradford when they all beat us, while we huffed and puffed, missed tackles galore and look pedestrian with ball in hand.

this team is virtually the same as last season, yet is unrecognisable with the lack of organisation, team spirit, leadership and most worryingly, ability!

You can gloss over it all you want and believe the club line that nothings wrong, but who are we kidding?

Exactly. Hull KR had a number of first choice players missing today, yet rarely had to break sweat. They were walking through us almost at will. 

With the greatest of respect to Roger T, I've absolutely no idea whatsoever how anyone who attended today's game can possibly say that our tackling was 'up to the mark'. A staggering statement. 

1 hour ago, greavesy said:

if thats showing spirit then i hold my hand up and say i know nothing about the game.

OK Greavesy, let me clarify my comment. I was responding to Roger's comments and I could understand where he was coming from.  We were out thought and out played by a very impressive Hull KR outfit.  There were gaps all over the field, missed tackles and a lack of penetration with ball in hand.  We looked like a Championship 1 side. No doubt we also missed the big beasts taking them on down the middle.  But I could understand Roger's point.  There have been complaints of players not trying.  They were a very poor second best to Hull KR but although on the end of a thrashing the body language today remained positive and the players kept going and tried hard in my opinion.  You can disagree with me, but I thought that they showed spirit.  

5 hours ago, buford t justice said:

Diskin also slagged Macausley Hallett off on radio Leeds, and said we were weak down the fringes, yet a lot of theirtriescame frombreaks down the middle.

Im beginning to wonder if he actually knows what he is doing as he continually talks in buzz words and contradicts himself.

that hammering has been coming. Only positive I can see is if it has finally given the team and coach a kick of the backside, or pushed Diskin closer to thr exit door.

club record home defeat is 70-2. 

Thats how bad today was.

If Diskin doesn't like Hallett,we would gladly and very happily love to see him return to Swinton Lions.

I have said my piece now it's up to you all, and I even said it to Iro and Kevin after the game.

5 hours ago, RogerT said:

I have said my piece now it's up to you all, and I even said it to Iro and Kevin after the game.

You seem to change your opinion every week, so we'll wait for which way the wind blows after the next game with baited breath.

12 hours ago, buford t justice said:

+3

It's not an excuse to say that Hull KR were a class above, it's a fact.  There is no harm in giving praise where praise is due.

Equally what you say in your second paragraph cannot be denied and it is very disappointing after last season and feels like an opportunity missed.

However, the Cassandras should not be too hard on those with, shall we say, a more sunny disposition.  I'm somewhat of a pessimist by nature, which may be why I find the glass half full types encouraging.

5 hours ago, Bi11 said:

It's not an excuse to say that Hull KR were a class above, it's a fact.  There is no harm in giving praise where praise is due.

Equally what you say in your second paragraph cannot be denied and it is very disappointing after last season and feels like an opportunity missed.

However, the Cassandras should not be too hard on those with, shall we say, a more sunny disposition.  I'm somewhat of a pessimist by nature, which may be why I find the glass half full types encouraging.

Are Hull KR a class above the Leigh side we beat once and competed with away last season?

They are no better, if as good as Leigh were to be honest.

We were appalling. I agree that the lads showed spirit, the back slapping etc. when we forced a knock on from them when we were 50 odd behind suggests there is spirit in the team. Or maybe insanity has crept in amongst the players as well as the fans.

Sadly, there is no direction, no plan, no ideas. 

Diskin has proved he is not a manager. He publicly criticised our best two props of last season, he hasn't learned that this is abhorrent behaviour for a manager though, by singling Hallet out on the radio yesterday. Doing this once is pretty unforgivable, but to replicate the error is beyond reproach. These criticisms may be valid, but you do it behind closed doors, in private, certainly not in the public domain. If he doesn't know these management basics, which he clearly doesn't, then he must be shown the exit. How can anyone back him now?

Time to go Disko!!!

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Diskin has proved he is not a manager. He publicly criticised our best two props of last season, he hasn't learned that this is abhorrent behaviour for a manager though, by singling Hallet out on the radio yesterday. Doing this once is pretty unforgivable, but to replicate the error is beyond reproach. These criticisms may be valid, but you do it behind closed doors, in private, certainly not in the public domain. If he doesn't know these management basics, which he clearly doesn't, then he must be shown the exit. How can anyone back him now?

Nail on the head !! End of story !!

We've gone from being one of the best teams in the league, to a team that is rudderless, no defence and no direction. It clearly shows the players are not playing for Diskin. We have lost to a depleted, Bradford team, and twice to a poor Dewsbury team, which shows we are now a poor team. 

The mistake made by Kevin Nicholas and the board was to bring in an outsider in Diskin with new ideas. Doing this, the continuity was lost. The natural successor to Kear should have been Craig Lingard. Lingard, maybe an inexperienced coach but he knew the system that we played under Kear. For some strange reason, Lingard was allowed to depart the club, instead of being appointed Batley coach.

Another mistake which is/will be made is by sticking with Diskin. This pig headed mentality by the club will only see us sleepwalk towards a fixture with Gloucestershire All Golds next season. 

22 hours ago, Bi11 said:

OK Greavesy, let me clarify my comment. I was responding to Roger's comments and I could understand where he was coming from.  We were out thought and out played by a very impressive Hull KR outfit.  There were gaps all over the field, missed tackles and a lack of penetration with ball in hand.  We looked like a Championship 1 side. No doubt we also missed the big beasts taking them on down the middle.  But I could understand Roger's point.  There have been complaints of players not trying.  They were a very poor second best to Hull KR but although on the end of a thrashing the body language today remained positive and the players kept going and tried hard in my opinion.  You can disagree with me, but I thought that they showed spirit.  

I disagree from the lukewarm warm up I watched, to the end of the match after the same HKR players who struggled to beat Rochdale the week before had continually bust huge holes in our non existent defence to very nearly beat the record score against us there was very little spirit. Something is very wrong at the moment and it gives me very little pleasure in saying it. I love this club but we get worse every week and make no mistake we are not safe from relegation playing as we are at the present time. But I do respect your opinion Bi11.

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 2:55 PM, jonjojonjo said:

We've gone from being one of the best teams in the league, to a team that is rudderless, no defence and no direction. It clearly shows the players are not playing for Diskin. We have lost to a depleted, Bradford team, and twice to a poor Dewsbury team, which shows we are now a poor team. 

The mistake made by Kevin Nicholas and the board was to bring in an outsider in Diskin with new ideas. Doing this, the continuity was lost. The natural successor to Kear should have been Craig Lingard. Lingard, maybe an inexperienced coach but he knew the system that we played under Kear. For some strange reason, Lingard was allowed to depart the club, instead of being appointed Batley coach.

Another mistake which is/will be made is by sticking with Diskin. This pig headed mentality by the club will only see us sleepwalk towards a fixture with Gloucestershire All Golds next season. 

Don't worry lads, we'll hold your hand - we've been there loads of times. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived