Blackpool

moorside roughyed

Totally agree MR relegation would be the end,but it's not going to come to that.

Scott is still our coach,nothing has been confirmed and a well respected RL journo asked the club and was told he has not walked.

The team need a long,hard look in the mirror. Some players just ain't doing it at the moment. If they don't want to play then off they go. 

It's not looking at it with blind faith,I was as angry as anyone after the Blackpool debacle but having had a day or so to reflect some reaction across social media is crazy. They deserve some of it but it's strange how people forget that Scott Naylor and the lads have got us into this championship on a shoestring and done damn well. We need to regain our desire and passion that has been lacking for the last 3 games or so,fitness has nothing to do with it.

We go to Swinton in a huge game this Sunday,I had my moan on Saturday and now am steely determined to get behind the lads as always on Sunday. Now in our worst spell for a while criticism will do no good,everyone is entitled to ask questions but this is the time the travelling Yeds are needed more than ever to show the lads that we have not lost the faith and will do our bit to help them through it.

Saturday has gone,we can do nothing about that now. Onwards to Swinton,put a shift in and see how we go. Big performance needed and I'm sure we will get a reaction out of them. 

Hopefully our season gets back on track this week. See the travellers at Heywood Road. Up the Yeds!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-27 at 10:49 PM, thebull13 said:

You've no idea!! It's game over! The players were only there due to the respect for Scott. He got you promoted, and then survived. Now doomed. 

Sounds like your user name is well deserved given the BS you've spouted on here.

We need a truly Herculean effort at the weekend, this is our season and maybe our championship status at stake here.The club really need to officially put this Scott Naylor thing to bed.The club must know about these rumors and must put something on the website,that's why we have a website. As 34 said,if there are players don't want to perform for our club,they put up their hand and leave,we need dedication to the club more than ever.

6 hours ago, wozz said:

Can't get not picking grimshaw out of my head and Davis, I think they would have done as good a job as mason and wood if not a lot better 

Maybe it's time for Grimmer to head back over the Pennines if his experience isn't what the club are looking for after all they did sign him as a halfback but Scott has used him in the centre and in my eyes he has done a good job for the club just my thoughts guys .

5 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I think relegation after waiting so long to get into this division would effectively finish the club.

chappy

I'm not sure we need a "Herculean" effort, but I think we need a full eighty minutes of what we saw in the first quarter against Hornets. I'll settle for keeping heads, keeping discipline and playing the basics until the final hooter. It will be enough, just as it would have been enough on Saturday. My biggest worry is not the squads abilities, but a drop in confidence can be both contagious and hard to snap out of. It's time for positive thinking, not doom and gloom. Ill founded and ill judged speculation about the management team doesn't help matters one jot and people should keep their views to themselves. I'm still not unduly worried as I think we have very capable players. I believe in them. It's most important over the next few games that they believe in themselves.

Imho grimmer should be in the halfs, it will take pressure off leatherbarrow and move Owen from the 7 shirt. Can't understand why wood was picked on Saturday in any event, added nothing to the game 

Grimmer should never have been left out of the team 

I for one hope he stops on the right side of the hill

Suzzy if you know him tell him from me he would be first on the list for me

Having watched the game on tv I can only conclude the squad is low in quality..you can only coach the quality you have available.

Knock on from the restart.

Dropped ball

Needless penalties

Tyson always looking for trouble.

Missing Palfrey and Middlehurst.

Not completing sets of six....kick and chase.

Cant be a fitness thing..if they have good trainers

Need new backers and investors in better quality players..and a captain.

Ideally an overseas halff back..to give the squad a boost

Lost to Batley who just lost to Dewsbury !!

I think the coach is ok...its player quality.

New backers, investors and an Aussie half back ?

You're a funny guy.

Let's buy back the houses where Watersheddings used to stand, demolish them and rebuild our old ground. That's also a very good idea which we haven't a hope in hell of accomplishing.

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Scott aint happy! His words are honest and true. Doesn't sound like words from a coach about to quit ;).Keep the faith. We will turn this around. In Naylor we trust!

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/11/roughyeds-news/103759/naylors-vow

Just read the chron.

1 hour ago, BryanC said:

New backers, investors and an Aussie half back ?

You're a funny guy.

Let's buy back the houses where Watersheddings used to stand, demolish them and rebuild our old ground. That's also a very good idea which we haven't a hope in hell of accomplishing.

Demolishing those pesky houses,what a great idea.If I had the money I would. Only in a perfect world.

1 hour ago, roughyed49 said:

Having watched the game on tv I can only conclude the squad is low in quality..you can only coach the quality you have available.

Knock on from the restart.

Dropped ball

Needless penalties

Tyson always looking for trouble.

Missing Palfrey and Middlehurst.

Not completing sets of six....kick and chase.

Cant be a fitness thing..if they have good trainers

Ideally an overseas halff back..to give the squad a boost

Lost to Batley who just lost to Dewsbury !!

I think the coach is ok...its player quality.

If the squad is low in quality, how did they play the first half the way they did?.

4 hours ago, suzzy said:

Maybe it's time for Grimmer to head back over the Pennines if his experience isn't what the club are looking for after all they did sign him as a halfback but Scott has used him in the centre and in my eyes he has done a good job for the club just my thoughts guys .

I'm a big fan of Grimmer and can't understand why he hasn't been tried at halfback. But if not picked there, he shouldn't be left out all together. He's always given 100%.

I think its a really important game for both our two clubs next week - I hope its a good game and that on the day the best team wins, but to be honest the way Oldham and Swinton played at Blackpool its hard for either set of supporters to have any confidence............but still cannot wait fro Sunday though.

From tonight's Chron. it appears all the talk about Naylor going was a little unfounded. I hope he sorts out the second half malady and gives the captaincy to someone who will give them a real boll***ing when they aren't following Naylor's instructions. Nield springs to mind.

Also, does anyone know what the penalty count was? Again in the Chron. it said in the first 20 mins. of the second half the cheat in the middle gave 7 to the hairnets and only one to the Yeds. It's no wonder we struggled in the second half we simply didn't have any ball and were forced to tackle and tackle.

5 hours ago, roughyed49 said:

_------_---_------------_-------------------------------_-------------------------------------------

Not while a certain person is in charge. Been so many over the years but he's done the dirty on most of them.

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

From tonight's Chron. it appears all the talk about Naylor going was a little unfounded. I hope he sorts out the second half malady and gives the captaincy to someone who will give them a real boll***ing when they aren't following Naylor's instructions. Nield springs to mind.

Also, does anyone know what the penalty count was? Again in the Chron. it said in the first 20 mins. of the second half the cheat in the middle gave 7 to the hairnets and only one to the Yeds. It's no wonder we struggled in the second half we simply didn't have any ball and were forced to tackle and tackle.

If you keep breaking the rules you get penalised .  No matter what team you are . You may find the team giving the least penalties away often wins the match :rtfm:. . . 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

20 minutes ago, Roughyedz said:

If you keep breaking the rules you get penalised .  No matter what team you are . You may find the team giving the least penalties away often wins the match :rtfm:. . . 

So simple, and yet, so true.

It's a bit of food for thought chief. Like I said above, once that hoodoo, black dog, monkey-on-yer-back, (whatever-you-call-it), gets it's fangs into you, it's hard to shake off the losing habit. It can get a bit worrying because not everyone can deal with it, and that's not a fault as such, it's just the way people are put together.

17 hours ago, BryanC said:

So simple, and yet, so true.

What a load of rubbish. Roosters were minor Premiers three years on the trot in the NRL and were the most penalised side in the comp every year. 

I thought the ref was shocking against us on Saturday but when you play so poorly it doesn't matter because we didn't deserve any better.

Not rubbish at all Brooksy. We didn't have possession for long periods on Saturday and why?

Because we were conceding penalty after penalty and with it, surrendering both yardage and possession. You can only blame the ref up to a point, but you can't get away from the fact that we were very poor and very ill disciplined in the second half.

We are not Roosters and in simple terms, if you haven't got the ball you can't score.

(And when you're trailing, it's quite important that bit).

Archived