11 Aug: SL Super 8s: St Helens v Hull FC KO 8pm

11 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints were awful, Hull were no better and didn't deserve that win, but the award for the most useless person on the pitch has to go to Child,  utterly incompetent in every sense.

Hull well and truly got away with that one

Well I could have told you that! ;)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the error count was huge from both sides, once Hull took the lead I don't recall them dropping the ball once. They kept the passing to a minimum and relied mainly on Sneyd, Kelly and Connor to hoof the ball downfield into space and simply waited for Saints to come up with a mistake which, as they were now chasing the game, often happened.

The only error I recall, and I think it was during that period, was when we got a penalty inside our own half and Kelly failed to find touch with the kick.

Granted, it was a bloody awful game, but Hull deserved the win for adapting to the conditions (and the ball) better.

Having said all that special mention for Alex Walmsley, carting the ball up all night, best forward on the field.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Phil Clarke was up in arms on Sky Sports about the players being in front of the kicker at the penalty so it shouldn't have counted. Brian Carney then tried to compare it to Leeds v Bradford at Millennium Magic. Seriously?! It had no effect on anything and was nothing like that! Just trying to find controversy when there is none.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

13 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Phil Clarke was up in arms on Sky Sports about the players being in front of the kicker at the penalty so it shouldn't have counted. Brian Carney then tried to compare it to Leeds v Bradford at Millennium Magic. Seriously?! It had no effect on anything and was nothing like that! Just trying to find controversy when there is none.

If I'm being honest I don't know what the rule is. If it's a kick off it's a penalty whether the chasers are involved or not. Is a penalty kick the same? Or is it like a kick in general play where it's fine as long as they don't get involved in play? Either way I don't care tbh.

1 minute ago, MZH said:

If I'm being honest I don't know what the rule is. If it's a kick off it's a penalty whether the chasers are involved or not. Is a penalty kick the same? Or is it like a kick in general play where it's fine as long as they don't get involved in play? Either way I don't care tbh.

Usually at a tap restart, doesn't the ref just blow the whistle and bring them back and make them do it again?

Either way, it's not really the big deal they made of it. It had no affect on play.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

With any penalty lick, whether it's kicked to touch or an attempt at goal, the players have to be behind the kicker.

But Clarkie suggesting that Sneyd's goal should have been disallowed is taking pedantry to an absurd level.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, Ullman said:

With any penalty lick, whether it's kicked to touch or an attempt at goal, the players have to be behind the kicker.

But Clarkie suggesting that Sneyd's goal should have been disallowed is taking pedantry to an absurd level.

Should have been retaken if that was the case

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Should have been retaken if that was the case

yep but that would have meant having to listen that that awful noise when he kicks.... rather just always give the points rather than having to listen to that 

mind you would have had time to get a cuppa... eat me pie and a kip... by the time he takes

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

He wasn't as quick to disallow the Solomona saga.

5 hours ago, MZH said:

The rules are if there's an infringement by the kickers team it should be a scrum where the penalty was awarded. I'll be honest I've never seen that given. 

Bloody hell, I'm amazed any Hull players bothered to drift in front of Sneyd at the penalty kick, let alone  chase the ball.

Have they not seen him kick goals before?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived