Well

Town1988

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Oh we couldnt half do woth a positive to discuss on the forum ATM.  Retain as many as possible 2 props and a coach and we move  forward.  UTT

One indirect positive to talk about  I'll say is Lunty winning championship player of the year . Great player , well deserved and fantastic for us . Nice double after the young player award 

I’ve had it too…. but not with Town ( I’m even more determined to keep supporting them)  but with this lousy whingeing forum; some of the stuff on here now belongs in a kids playpen and I can’t bear to read anymore of SS’s nasty, arrogant, self congratulatory and relentlessly hostile form of discussion. best wishes Anonymouse, Voodoo  Ginock and Mr Mckeating and a few others for your attempts at fair and reasoned discussion. Bye

1 minute ago, Oneday said:

I’ve had it too…. but not with Town ( I’m even more determined to keep supporting them)  but with this lousy whingeing forum; some of the stuff on here now belongs in a kids playpen and I can’t bear to read anymore of SS’s nasty, arrogant, self congratulatory and relentlessly hostile form of discussion. best wishes Anonymouse, Voodoo  Ginock and Mr Mckeating and a few others for your attempts at fair and reasoned discussion. Bye

wouldn,t worry too much about sundays result would have been different if both phillips curwen and doran played . We where in a similar position 2 years back you lot put 60 on us towards the end of the season but you,ve just gotta get on with it we beat you 4 times the season later even though we both got relegated .

44 minutes ago, Oneday said:

Well said oneday ??? don't you just get sick of whingers ....SS does my head in too with his one-sided moaning with anything to do with ex-seaton players ???

10 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

Well said oneday ??? don't you just get sick of whingers ....SS does my head in too with his one-sided moaning with anything to do with ex-seaton players ???

Whingers? or fans with constructive critisism. We all want the best for the club and everyone and  has different opinions. If you don't agree with someone then tell them why.

Great for lunty . Cant believe he's dropping down a league to come back home to lift his old club and fans from the despair of league 1, rather than going on to super league. Fair play to the lad 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

35 minutes ago, town4me said:

Whingers? or fans with constructive critisism. We all want the best for the club and everyone and  has different opinions. If you don't agree with someone then tell them why.

nothing wrong with constructive critisism , although I havent seen much of it on here latley , most of it is guesswork , rumour mill or agenda driven and pretty well blinkered from accepting many views who are actually reasonable and constructive .

8 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

nothing wrong with constructive critisism , although I havent seen much of it on here latley , most of it is guesswork , rumour mill or agenda driven and pretty well blinkered from accepting many views who are actually reasonable and constructive .

Blinkered? Is that in your opinion mate.

3 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

not of everyones views no , but the odd one or two are as they will see things only one way and one sided because thats the way they want to see it and want to believe it .

Fair enough. Forums  are for opinions and discussion and at the end of the day we all want the best for our club. 

3 hours ago, Oneday said:

Noooo don't leave Oneday, if you notice I dip in and out as I can't be on with all the name calling, conspiracy theories, and ignorance. SS has fallen out with everyone on here, I'm sure he's really a softie and Mrs Sandy wears the pants in the Carlisle roman love nest so he takes his frustration out on here! 

Just do as I do and self filter all the guff and look for the less painful threads.

Keep it going Oneday it will all turn out rosy. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, wonky said:

Great for lunty . Cant believe he's dropping down a league to come back home to lift his old club and fans from the despair of league 1, rather than going on to super league. Fair play to the lad 

Eh?! Are you on the sherry Wonky?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

8 hours ago, bomberisgod said:

Ive never known it as bad on here.

No me neither mate, I was depressed enough on Monday morning and have given the forum a swerve for a couple of days because I had a feeling it would take me over the edge..........Where's that Lambrini. :rtfm:

Very disappointing to hear the likes of Cato and Gav withdrawing their support, the club can't afford to lose anybody so let's hope they have a change of heart when the dust settles. Your club needs you.

20 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Surely you acknowledge your past involvement with the Great Pretenders ? As I said - expecting loyal Townies to blow kisses at Square Pants just after the jam have humiliated us on our own midden is an ask too far. Unless there are some major changes next year then I will be joining the growing list of disillusioned defectors just as you have apparently jumped ship!? 

Are you trying to say Gary has split loyalties ? You don't volunteer to join a BOD if you weren't passionate about the club, from what from what I've been told, any of his involvement at the wreck on match days was purely work related and he probably wished he wasn't there.

21 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Way too cosy for me G.M.   You diminish the fervent rivalry between Workington Town R.L.F.C. and the permanent underachievers down the road, but given that you have had a foot in both camps in recent times I can't say that I'm surprised. Many of my friends who follow other mainstream sports often express their incredulity at the animosity engendered over the years between Town and jam and in their simplicity attempt to draw comparisons with Rangers and Celtic or Man United and Man City! I have to disillusion them by explaining that the real comparison is much more like Rangers and Buckie Thistle or Man U and Stockport. When fans like Cato and many others kick off in this fashion the Club is facing a huge task in getting them back on board and that won't be helped by inviting them to throw laurel wreaths at our arch enemies. 

Well that embarrassing rant probably sums up what is wrong with professional Rugby League in West Cumbria and why we have been cast adrift by the RFL.

Archived