2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

10 hours ago, havenhater said:

Any official word on mossop and Brett Philip's?

Expecting howarth to be our latest signing but hopefully Wilkes too just to help up top. Is thacks still a free agent. Could catch a lift with Pryce 

Sellafield news announcement both Oliver Wilkes & Liam Harrison have signed.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Liam was a great player , if he has signed would he be the same two years on and away from his hometown club? I'd look forward to finding out.

Exactly my point .  Top guys from what we remember , I guess you’d have to trust our judgement on what they’ve got left in the tank and ultimately wait n see . 

1 hour ago, Billy Bob said:

Sellafield news announcement both Oliver Wilkes & Liam Harrison have signed.

Don't think Leon would have taken a chance without doing his homework. Ollie is an evergreen unit with plenty of nous and still has an engine. Liam was always the class act in Barrow's pack until dodgy knees made him call it a day --- I am told that he's sound now and at 34ish could be a game changer for Town. All we need now is the return of the cage-fighting coalman Brett McDermott?

I think the main comparison to be had is that the squad this year has a lot more experience than last years. The like of Wilkes,  foster, leatgerbarrow, Dawson etc have all been around a good while. I think that' what we missed at times last year. Building nicely!

Wilkes is a good signing but can't see what Harrison will bring to you, great player for Barrow but performance level was not that great in his last season there, then he broke his leg/ankle playing his 1st game for Barrow island, hope im proved wrong and he can roll back the years as he is a great bloke.

Archived