Dave woods

iangidds

The BBC website has:

1 - Scotland to give new caps a chance (39mins ago)

2 - Kear on World Cup absentees (1d ago)

3 - Podcast: history of RLWC (2d ago)

4 - Features section - BBC Coverage of WC

5 - Wales World Cup - Chester Butler Feature

6 - Feature - RLWC Squads

So there is some content, but it is lost in the amount of regular news (a good thing I suppose) - but it hardly comes across as a website of a RLWC partner, and I can't find anything on England.

Sky Sports has:

1 - Bennett would accept Australia loss

2 - Roby rewarded for club form

3 - "Papua New Guinea doesn't scare me"

4 - Gale eyes Kangaroos scalp

5 - Betts defends squad balance

6 - Farah to lead Lebanon

7 - 7 new faces for Scotland

8 - Video: Ward forced to turn down England

Daily Star: 9 stories on RL home page

Daily Mail: no link to RL - but 5 RLWC stories when you do stumble across it

Telegraph: nothing for 9 days.1 RLWC story from 2 weeks ago.

SportingLife: 5 stories over the last week

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The BBC website has:

So there is some content, but it is lost in the amount of regular news (a good thing I suppose) - but it hardly comes across as a website of a RLWC partner, and I can't find anything on England.

Sky Sports has:

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The BBC website has:

Sky Sports has:

If 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The BBC website has:

Sky Sports has:

If what is on the BBC website satisfys you so be it , I personally find it underwhelming; and for the record I am a fan of Dave Woods I was asking wether his extended job title should influence the website ! If not who is it?

as a game we settle for pathetic drivel when if the game and its stakeholders put some effort in we could have something worthwhile .

3 hours ago, iangidds said:

If 

If what is on the BBC website satisfys you so be it , I personally find it underwhelming; and for the record I am a fan of Dave Woods I was asking wether his extended job title should influence the website ! If not who is it?

as a game we settle for pathetic drivel when if the game and its stakeholders put some effort in we could have something worthwhile .

Yes it is underwhelming but unsurprising and I also don't think it's Dave Woods responsibility

3 hours ago, iangidds said:

If 

Not sure how you read my post as any kind of acceptance of the BBCs World Cup coverage.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not sure how you read my post as any kind of acceptance of the BBCs World Cup coverage.

Just feels like he needs somebody to shout out and Dave Woods is the man. Whether or not he’s actually actually responsible for his grievance

On a similar tack, have the BBC shown any trailers for the RWC yet?

I haven't seen any yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been on.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

EsCOn a similar tack, have the BBC shown any trailers for the RWC yet?

I haven't seen any yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been on.

I saw a very brief trailer about 4 weeks ago and some discussion after the MPG that Brian Noble will be in Oz for the bbc and robbie Paul the north west of England . 

Proof it's not just Dave Woods - but I agree with the frustration.  It is exciting so can bbc ramp it up now!

Getting interesting information that the BBC editors may be interested in is down to the RLIF, ARL, RFL, it has got absolutely zero to do with Dave Woods that is nothing, zilch not a sausage.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I've got a slow puncture, can so called Dave Woods advise of a decent cheap tyre place in Bradford?

He may well be able to provide help but the blighter won't tweet, post on snapscrat, fleecebucket, blogblag etc on said vulcanised product.

Why do we pay our taxes?

17 hours ago, iangidds said:

As the RFL representative for the BBC should the BBC website be flooded with info and pictures of the boys in Australia? What an opportunity to show the players training on beaches, player profiles , venues etc etc etc etc

as far as I can see there is nothing there, what a waste of a huge marketing opportunity, there at least should be an official RL publicity team taking photos and videos and passing them on to the BBC; we need to inspire the next generations and think bigger FFS it does not take much does it??

you ARE Talking RUGBY LEAGUE here what do you expect

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

8 hours ago, Padge said:

Getting interesting information that the BBC editors may be interested in is down to the RLIF, ARL, RFL, it has got absolutely zero to do with Dave Woods that is nothing, zilch not a sausage.

Simply not true.

As BBC RL Correspondent of course it has something to do with him (not to the extent the OP suggests).

Dave Woods last written feauture on RL was in advance of the Grand Final.

Of courae you are right that the governing bodies need to be working harder/smarter etc. but when the likes of Sky have more stuff on England something is not working at the BBC.

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

Simply not true.

As BBC RL Correspondent of course it has something to do with him (not to the extent the OP suggests).

Dave Woods last written feauture on RL was in advance of the Grand Final.

Of courae you are right that the governing bodies need to be working harder/smarter etc. but when the likes of Sky have more stuff on England something is not working at the BBC.

Thing is I used Dave's name as the headline rather than the BBC for the umpteenth time! Not really having a go at Dave but who is responsible for the webpage? 

'Today many many hours after their only warm up match there is no mention of the result never mind a report! Would any other mainstream sport allow that?

surely someone at RFL headquarters needs to monitor very basic things like this? We seem not to generate any news worthy Items, even a silly picture or two of the boys training or eating a bloody kangaroo would help!

If we want sponsors and broadcasters attracted to our game we need a high profile and RL been RL we have to work for that unlike other sports that have it handed to them on a plate.

so simple things like keeping up to date web pages and interesting pictures and stories that raise the profile of the World Cup and the player profiles are essential in my opinion.

Archived