2 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/18 at 19:45

Looks like JC has gotten under the skin of one or two on here also.

(Sorry Dave :D)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Crowd at Hull was announced as 10k and a few hundred but it looked like around two thirds that to me.

Cheers. Massive respect to everyone who turned up. Wigan's crowd looked decent too from the few pics i saw online. 

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

I'm guessing that figure was actual tickets sold. Most Warrington fans with tickets didn't go and a fair number of Hull fans I expect. But credit to everyone for going - fans, players and officials.

Have to say, sitting in the Whalebone with two open fires pre match, it took rather a lot of will power to wander down the the KC.

When RoyBoy walked in the pub before the game he was dressed as though he'd just finished cleaning the external lens on the periscope of a Russian submarine based somewhere in the Arctic Circle.

8 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What did he actually do wrong though? A bit of gamesmanship?

He was warned if he comes in again action will be taken. None was taken - he got warned again.

I dont think he did much, but then I am not the one celebrating his tactics. I think it was overstated in commentary as Barrie made the comment that he would start an argument in an empty room before the match and was delighted yo be able to continue that.

I thought Wire's frustration was showing early on, nowt to do with him, Ratchford, BMM and Hill were having runnibg battles with the ref when we were getting heavily penalised - id be taking action against each of them this week if I was Price.

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

He was warned if he comes in again action will be taken. None was taken - he got warned again.

I dont think he did much, but then I am not the one celebrating his tactics. I think it was overstated in commentary as Barrie made the comment that he would start an argument in an empty room before the match and was delighted yo be able to continue that.

I thought Wire's frustration was showing early on, nowt to do with him, Ratchford, BMM and Hill were having runnibg battles with the ref when we were getting heavily penalised - id be taking action against each of them this week if I was Price.

What was he warned for though? Can you get sin binned for talking to the opposition? It's part of the game. If you cave in to it, he's won. Need to be tougher mentally.

I'd hate to think what Liam Watts would do playing against Jake Connor!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What was he warned for though? Can you get sin binned for talking to the opposition? It's part of the game. If you cave in to it, he's won. Need to be tougher mentally.

I'd hate to think what Liam Watts would do playing against Jake Connor!

Coming into situations that dont involve you and escalating it. 3rd man in basically but without fighting.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Coming into situations that dont involve you and escalating it. 3rd man in basically but without fighting.

Come on Dave, why bring Ryan Bailey into it?

27 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So just talking then?

Come on, they should be able to hold their cool. They're professional athletes. The mental game is very important.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

So just talking then?

Come on, they should be able to hold their cool. They're professional athletes. The mental game is very important.

Im not sure of your point. The ref explicitly warned him, not me.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Im not sure of your point. The ref explicitly warned him, not me.

My point is, can you really got binned for just talking to the opposition? I know there are certain things you can't say, but I don't believe he said anything like that.

image.jpeg.344d1a7c30f9bb2cd180643cb2df2db3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

My point is, can you really got binned for just talking to the opposition? I know there are certain things you can't say, but I don't believe he said anything like that.

You can get binned for all sorts. Persistent offside, dissent, holding down - if the ref wants to calm situations down because a player keeps coming 3rd man in that is a perfectly normal use after a warning.

Wellsy, Please explain how you know what he said or was saying.The referee in the ongoing situation with Connor was weak and should have binned him.If he carries on like that he will become a marked man by players and referees and will be a liability to the team.I will have a little bet that Radford has a word in his ear to behave or else.

Credit to any who went.  What a night.

Two Red cards aside, for Hull I thought Tuimavave was exceptional and deserving of his try, Manu battled hard and was missed when he was subbed, as were Taylor, Washbrook and Handley.  For Wire, IMO, Clark was sharp and 2nd half, BMM created momentum.  Fair enough result but practicing drop goals instead of taking a penalty kick?

Hull were taking the legs in the 1st half and putting Wire down.  That changed in the 2nd and with it came Wires comeback.  Hoping Hull can replicate that 1st half discipline though but need to get Shaul into space more.

5 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Wellsy, Please explain how you know what he said or was saying.The referee in the ongoing situation with Connor was weak and should have binned him.If he carries on like that he will become a marked man by players and referees and will be a liability to the team.I will have a little bet that Radford has a word in his ear to behave or else.

You don't need to hear what he says to know the point he was making. He was pointing to his shoulder and doing an arm motion. It's clear what he was implying there.

Do you not think he wants to be a marked man? Do you not think that's his game plan? When you get idiots running out of the line to put a shot in him, it leaves a gap for him to put someone through. He completely threw Brough off his game in the first game this year.

5 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

You don't need to hear what he says to know the point he was making. He was pointing to his shoulder and doing an arm motion. It's clear what he was implying there.

Do you not think he wants to be a marked man? Do you not think that's his game plan? When you get idiots running out of the line to put a shot in him, it leaves a gap for him to put someone through. He completely threw Brough off his game in the first game this year.

Tomkins has been playing that game for years, and to the fans of every other club he is seen as a sh$thouse. Connor starts playing that game and all of a sudden it is a legitimate tactic.

You could cut the irony with a knife.

7 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Tomkins has been playing that game for years, and to the fans of every other club he is seen as a sh$thouse. Connor starts playing that game and all of a sudden it is a legitimate tactic.

You could cuut the irony with a knife.

Hypocrisy Shirley?

8 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

You could cuut the irony with a knife.

I can’t argue with that Jim. I’d love to but I can’t 

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived